I honestly see this game flopping bad

#71ArmoredElderPosted 11/11/2012 1:18:25 PM
TheNardDog posted...
ArmoredElder posted...
Irokou posted...
Stupid sony ponies defending this garbage game. There is NO depth, just button mash-super kill. It is unbalanced, has an abysmal roster, and is far more casual compared to the likes of smash. I don't care if this game has gotten some FGC exposure as of late, it won't last long at all. I agree with the TC and their honest opinion.

D'awww someone's a widdle mad :3
On a serious note, what the hell is a sony ponie? A new species?
Does Sony get credit for that name if someone buys one?

"far more casual than the likes of Smash" is where I lol'd. You're like those people who take the game seriously and go "No items, fox only, final destination". If this game is a button masher, Smash Bros is even more of one. Accept them both for what they are. Don't treat a game like it can be technically bad. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. It's good then. You're the one who, for some reason, is whining more than anyone I've ever seen. Smash Bros is a button masher, sorry. It's good, but if this is a button masher, so is that game. Everyone just spams one attack even more-so than here.

Wait...is that directed to me or LeetProGamer? Irokou, whatever his name is.
And I agree with you, Smash is very button mashy so there's really no excuse
---
"There is nothing more dark than one's own soul..." Mr. Selacia, Metalocalypse
PSN: VonStoogiN Feel free to add me. I usually play WarHawk
#72darkcast2004Posted 11/11/2012 1:26:13 PM
OmegaPillow posted...
The gameplay is not as fluid as ssb, it plays slow, and sluggish

The fact after you attack a character, you have to wait like 2 - 3 seconds to attack again

Level threes are so unbalanced

Character roster is awful, you can tell they held back alot of characters for dlc to milk the people who think theyre getting a deal

Glad to know I wasnt the only one that thought this.
---
5: Warned
One of our 10 year old mods has decided to abuse his power because mommy took his action figure away. We know they're bad but we can't help it.
#73Flare1721Posted 11/11/2012 1:29:25 PM
Congratz to you and the other 10 trolls on this board that non-stop complain about this game.

Btw 2-3 seconds before the next attack? I guess that means the combos I was doing was an illusion. Obv did not play the beta.

I say it will do quite well. Learn to give it a chance.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#74TheApd_ReturnsPosted 11/11/2012 1:30:05 PM
ArmoredElder posted...
The0bserver posted...
ArmoredElder posted...
I really have to stop reading these topics...

Tell me about it.

I don't understand why users have the need to garner attention with their own personal opinion. I think that's why others see them as trolls sole because of the attention they're receiving from the posts they put up. I understand if someone doesn't like this game, but to keep posting up topics about it is just unethical.

'unethical'

wut
#75urbanpwner2Posted 11/11/2012 1:31:48 PM
OmegaPillow posted...
Taizuku posted...
What joy do people get from trolling? Is looking like an idiot really that fun?

Hows it trolling? Trolling would be saying this game is going to suck, i`m clearly pointing out flaws that`ll affect it over time

I played the game btw, not hard to download the beta when it was out on the ps3

Fanboys always state your trolling when you disagree

Dude u don't wait 2-3 seconds to attck. Unless u don't combo.

Notice that kevin is trolling u by saying smb (super mario bros) instead of ssb.

Gameplay is definitely slower than smash but not really slugish.
Its like comparing umvc3(ssb) to ssf4(psasbr)
---
"The Official whoever of whatever boards" is DUMB
#76Darknessbeast10Posted 11/11/2012 1:44:06 PM
urbanpwner2 posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
Taizuku posted...

Hows it trolling? Trolling would be saying this game is going to suck, i`m clearly pointing out flaws that`ll affect it over time

Notice that kevin is trolling u by saying smb (super mario bros) instead of ssb.

other way around.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#77NewMoonShadowPosted 11/11/2012 1:50:54 PM
Darknessbeast10 posted...
urbanpwner2 posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
Taizuku posted...

other way around.

No, he got it right.

SSFIV is based around slower, but balanced and methodical gameplay.

UMVC3 is a high-speed clusterf*** of chaos that you can find strategy in if you try really, really hard to look for it.
#78CrabhammarPosted 11/11/2012 2:19:44 PM
GotRads posted...
I definitely don't see the similarities to this and smb. They're 2d and you jump and... that's it.

Woosh.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#79Bestia_SomniaPosted 11/11/2012 2:24:35 PM
SSB doesn't even have a combo system. The game wasn't meant to have combos, but players are just exploiting hit stun and character air recovery to create them, just like with SFII. Even then though the combos are inconsistent because of the percentage system (no static hitstun), uneven terrain and obnoxious hazards interfering, which you can only avoid by picking the several stages that have none of these random elements. For SSB to even be a shadow of a competitive fighter you have to rip away most of it's soul - the fun/unique aspects - and play it on a barebones core fundamentals level. It's just not a fun game at a tournament level. It becomes too restricted and calculated, which SSB wasn't designed to be. Something as idiotic as grab loops isn't fun to watch or experience. As far as I'm concerned, SSB will never belong at EVO. Unlike Superbot, Nintendo don't give a crap about their competitive community, and for that reason they don't even deserve EVO's acknowledgement & hype (or any significant tournament in general really).

PSAS is much closer to a traditional fighter by natural design, without the need to water it down. I believe that it's gameplay will easily be superior to Smash's. PSAS won't die out. It'll live on, even if it's just through a dedicated competitive community like 3rd Strike or SFII. Sony's major tournament influence & Superbot's community support will give Playstation All-Stars some significant competitive opportunities and prize pots that the Smash community could only dream of. I think that their jealousy of wishing that Nintendo supported SSB properly is where some of this PSAS hate stems from.
#80JollyBudaPosted 11/11/2012 2:39:20 PM
^
Not to mention Sakurai adding tripping to try and eliminate any type of competitive play. Also with Seth Killian and clockw0rk involved with All-Stars, I think we are likely to see a decent scene for awhile. Hell, just look at how many entries that GameFAQs tournament has, and the game hasn't even come out!
---
PSN: MrMonochrome
UMvC3: Hulk / Vergil / Spencer, SSFIV:AE: Dudley