I honestly see this game flopping bad

#81Darknessbeast10Posted 11/11/2012 1:42:00 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Darknessbeast10 posted...
urbanpwner2 posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
Taizuku posted...
What joy do people get from trolling? Is looking like an idiot really that fun?

Hows it trolling? Trolling would be saying this game is going to suck, i`m clearly pointing out flaws that`ll affect it over time

I played the game btw, not hard to download the beta when it was out on the ps3

Fanboys always state your trolling when you disagree

Dude u don't wait 2-3 seconds to attck. Unless u don't combo.

Notice that kevin is trolling u by saying smb (super mario bros) instead of ssb.

Gameplay is definitely slower than smash but not really slugish.
Its like comparing umvc3(ssb) to ssf4(psasbr)

other way around.

No, he got it right.

SSFIV is based around slower, but balanced and methodical gameplay.

UMVC3 is a high-speed clusterf*** of chaos that you can find strategy in if you try really, really hard to look for it.

I picture SSB like SF due to it not being combo heavy but having to work for your hits

I picture this like Marvel where one hit is all you need to gain the meter needed to kill.
---
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
Official UDON Taskmaster of the UMVC3 boards, http://puu.sh/v79K <---- PS3 UMVC3's Finest
#82OmegaPillow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:57:25 PM
Crabhammar posted...
GotRads posted...
I definitely don't see the similarities to this and smb. They're 2d and you jump and... that's it.

Woosh.

Went over his head

hahaha noone mentioned smb, but him.
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#83NeemohPosted 11/11/2012 4:19:33 PM
OmegaPillow posted...
Crabhammar posted...
GotRads posted...
I definitely don't see the similarities to this and smb. They're 2d and you jump and... that's it.

Woosh.

Went over his head

hahaha noone mentioned smb, but him.

"no one mentioned smb"

Haha it's funny how you edited your first post because it originally said smb instead of ssb. I love being amused by stupidity. :)
#84PeachSodaPosted 11/11/2012 4:24:53 PM
You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm going to buy the game on the 20th and am going to enjoy it thoroughly.
---
So, I was like "Hi!" and he was like "Duuuude!"" and I was like, "EEEK!" so I ran away.
#85IrokouPosted 11/11/2012 4:44:07 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
SSB doesn't even have a combo system. The game wasn't meant to have combos, but players are just exploiting hit stun and character air recovery to create them, just like with SFII. Even then though the combos are inconsistent because of the percentage system (no static hitstun), uneven terrain and obnoxious hazards interfering, which you can only avoid by picking the several stages that have none of these random elements. For SSB to even be a shadow of a competitive fighter you have to rip away most of it's soul - the fun/unique aspects - and play it on a barebones core fundamentals level. It's just not a fun game at a tournament level. It becomes too restricted and calculated, which SSB wasn't designed to be. Something as idiotic as grab loops isn't fun to watch or experience. As far as I'm concerned, SSB will never belong at EVO. Unlike Superbot, Nintendo don't give a crap about their competitive community, and for that reason they don't even deserve EVO's acknowledgement & hype (or any significant tournament in general really).

PSAS is much closer to a traditional fighter by natural design, without the need to water it down. I believe that it's gameplay will easily be superior to Smash's. PSAS won't die out. It'll live on, even if it's just through a dedicated competitive community like 3rd Strike or SFII. Sony's major tournament influence & Superbot's community support will give Playstation All-Stars some significant competitive opportunities and prize pots that the Smash community could only dream of. I think that their jealousy of wishing that Nintendo supported SSB properly is where some of this PSAS hate stems from.

Only a Sony pony would outright say that this game has more going for it than smash. The FGC probably won't support this game for long and smash 4 will most likely see a major turnaround. People will see through this cheap knockoff sooner or later. This game doesn't need watering down because it's already watered down at its core lol. And there is no jealousy, it's just stupid that this game gets FGC exposure when it's very similar to smash anyway, just a contradiction.
#86ArmoredElderPosted 11/11/2012 4:47:05 PM
PeachSoda posted...
You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm going to buy the game on the 20th and am going to enjoy it thoroughly.

---
"There is nothing more dark than one's own soul..." Mr. Selacia, Metalocalypse
PSN: VonStoogiN Feel free to add me. I usually play WarHawk
#87T_l_M_B_0Posted 11/11/2012 4:53:30 PM
Irokou posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
SSB doesn't even have a combo system. The game wasn't meant to have combos, but players are just exploiting hit stun and character air recovery to create them, just like with SFII. Even then though the combos are inconsistent because of the percentage system (no static hitstun), uneven terrain and obnoxious hazards interfering, which you can only avoid by picking the several stages that have none of these random elements. For SSB to even be a shadow of a competitive fighter you have to rip away most of it's soul - the fun/unique aspects - and play it on a barebones core fundamentals level. It's just not a fun game at a tournament level. It becomes too restricted and calculated, which SSB wasn't designed to be. Something as idiotic as grab loops isn't fun to watch or experience. As far as I'm concerned, SSB will never belong at EVO. Unlike Superbot, Nintendo don't give a crap about their competitive community, and for that reason they don't even deserve EVO's acknowledgement & hype (or any significant tournament in general really).

PSAS is much closer to a traditional fighter by natural design, without the need to water it down. I believe that it's gameplay will easily be superior to Smash's. PSAS won't die out. It'll live on, even if it's just through a dedicated competitive community like 3rd Strike or SFII. Sony's major tournament influence & Superbot's community support will give Playstation All-Stars some significant competitive opportunities and prize pots that the Smash community could only dream of. I think that their jealousy of wishing that Nintendo supported SSB properly is where some of this PSAS hate stems from.

Only a Sony pony would outright say that this game has more going for it than smash. The FGC probably won't support this game for long and smash 4 will most likely see a major turnaround. People will see through this cheap knockoff sooner or later. This game doesn't need watering down because it's already watered down at its core lol. And there is no jealousy, it's just stupid that this game gets FGC exposure when it's very similar to smash anyway, just a contradiction.

Ah my favorite Nintendrone, LeetPro. Hows goes it my young friend?
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#88Bestia_SomniaPosted 11/11/2012 8:22:11 PM
Irokou posted...

Sony have a lot of influence over the major tournaments in the FGC because they help finance things like EVO and give them PS3s to use for the sake of advertisement, which is why it's the standard console for tournaments in general. They're willing to spend money towards the FGC and push PSAS out there. How do you think PSAS got a confirmed slot for MLG in first place?

You're a fool if you don't think that this game has more going for it competitively than Smash. This game has so many opportunities and was well received by WNF. Nintendo is practically non-existent in the FGC. They've done nothing for it and they don't even support their competitive community. The community itself had to fix what Nintendo wouldn't and mod Brawl just to make it vaguely on par with Melee.

Even just the fact that PSAS actually has a combo system already confirms that it's got more going for it.

I've gave an argument, twice now and you've given ***, which only tells me that you've got nothing worth saying. Nice try Nintendrone. Stay jealous. Maybe Nintendo will throw their dogs a bone if you bark enough.
#89Parukia256Posted 11/11/2012 8:25:02 PM
Every time I enter this board, I slowly lose some brain cells.
---
Love like winter.
#90jeremy1498Posted 11/11/2012 9:05:33 PM
Anyone who claims this game is much more casual than SSBM/SSBB clearly enjoyed the Meta Knight/Meta Knight vs. Meta Knight/Meta Knight team tournament finals at APEX.