In your honest opinion, do you think this game will be better than Brawl?

#31blaze19_0XPosted 11/13/2012 3:28:18 PM
Overall? No.

The online is better. And the balance will be better (no tripping+chance of balance patches if things get out of hand).

But this game just doesn't seem to have the fluid, silky smooth, incredibly in depth mechanics that Smash has. There's no fastfalling, no buffering, no ATs, no sweetspotting, no meaties etc. That's not to say the gameplay is bad, just not on that level of Brawl.

Also I will be shocked if it even has half the amount of content that Brawl has. Brawl has an incredible amount of game modes, unlockables, easter eggs, etc. And of course the roster is bigger and has pretty much all the fan favourites. The sheer size of the game is rarely seen even nowadays.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#32rossguy123Posted 11/13/2012 3:31:32 PM
Better than brawl yes, but not Melee.

And I will ditch this when SSB4 come out of course.

I love the Nintendo cast better than the Playstation.
---
1. Shuma, Raccoon, Strider
2. Wolverine, Shuma, Skrull
#33FoxxJPosted 11/13/2012 3:32:10 PM
lol Thats hard for me to decide. Both are hella fun games but with the lack of online from brawl and the history of characters I grew up with in allstars I probably would conisder allstars. Brawl is a fantastic game but it was my least favorite smash bros.
---
PSN-FoxyGibz
Xbox-FoxyGibz
#34blaze19_0XPosted 11/13/2012 3:32:17 PM
MajesticFerret posted...
Seeing as I'm about to move to a place where I don't know anybody and this has online, I'll have to say yes from that alone.

Also, I'm 100x better at this game than Smash, and that's just from playing the Beta. Smash is a horribly balanced juggle fest to where I've had Sheik/Falco players get me up in the air and there was nothing I could do and it was boring and frustrating, which is especially horrible for a party fighter. In fact, it's one of the reasons I'm positive about the knockback in this game as it keeps things from getting too juggle friendly.

In fact, I heard someone say that this is less beginner friendly and I HIGHLY disagree with that. At least with this, a beginner can save up for at least a lv. 2 and probably get a few kills even on skilled players while good ****ing luck trying to get a few kills on Smash experts.

The reason I think I'm better at this game than Smash is because this game is less about reflexes and juggles and more about tactics, which to me, caters more to fun FFA play.

Well I can agree that if you like a game with a lower learning curve, you'd certainly prefer this.

Oh but just some advice. In Brawl for the most part it's not easy to juggle people. There's less hitstun than Melee and you are given more landing options.

If you are being juggled forever it's probably because you are being way too predictable while in the air, especially with air dodges. They are highly punishable. You can certainly do a lot to prevent this just FYI.
---
#35Lexmark1989Posted 11/13/2012 3:33:04 PM
Can't say for sure, but it already has brawl beat in online which is something that game needed to have bad with as bad as the combat is for the game.

This game won't top melee that's for sure and if they ever give me a melee with online I doubt I'd even care for the next smash bros game. Well unless they give me palutena or issac as that would make me hype to play it forever.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#36satat317Posted 11/13/2012 3:35:39 PM
Brawl: much flare. Battle Royale: less flare. That attract trailer didnt do anything for me compared to brawls first trailer.
---
Official ~NARIKO~ of the PSASBR boards
#37WebBowserPosted 11/13/2012 3:35:52 PM
MajesticFerret posted...
Seeing as I'm about to move to a place where I don't know anybody and this has online, I'll have to say yes from that alone.

Also, I'm 100x better at this game than Smash, and that's just from playing the Beta. Smash is a horribly balanced juggle fest to where I've had Sheik/Falco players get me up in the air and there was nothing I could do and it was boring and frustrating, which is especially horrible for a party fighter. In fact, it's one of the reasons I'm positive about the knockback in this game as it keeps things from getting too juggle friendly.

In fact, I heard someone say that this is less beginner friendly and I HIGHLY disagree with that. At least with this, a beginner can save up for at least a lv. 2 and probably get a few kills even on skilled players while good ****ing luck trying to get a few kills on Smash experts.

The reason I think I'm better at this game than Smash is because this game is less about reflexes and juggles and more about tactics, which to me, caters more to fun FFA play.

^
funny thing is that those complaints were precisly the things the Nintendo tried to address when makeing Brawl. You are absolutly right when you say that you can get creamed by experianced smash players, but they made everyone significantly more floaty and added infinite air dodging to try and close the skill gap somewhat by making it harder to combo and juggle. Everyone (legitimatly) gets on them for adding in tripping, but I actually liked most of the physics changes in Brawl, and I find that the roster was significantly improved and I liked how the "Luigified" most of the clone characters. I will still admit that Brawls online sucked horribly and I have a difficult time imagineing anyone actually doing a worse job than that. As far as the super system goes... I'll have to see it for myself, my initial reaction was very bad just because some of my most satysfying moments in SSB have been takeing that risk and jumping off a ledge to smack someone with a meteor smash to prevent them from recovering. But I am going to withhold any judgement until I actually play the game.

Just to clarify, I do not own a PS3, but I have friends that do. I am a very large SSB fan, I prefere brawl to melee mostly for the better roster and I will defend brawl as a competitive game from anyone who cares to argue. It is not the same game as melee, but it can still be played competetivly, simple as that.
---
How does Riot keep it's balance? That I can tell you in one word!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw
#38LuminescentRulePosted 11/13/2012 3:36:10 PM
Yes.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#39blaze19_0XPosted 11/13/2012 3:40:13 PM(edited)
You are absolutly right when you say that you can get creamed by experianced smash players,

I just thought of something.

His complaints about juggles and skill gap will definitely apply to PSASBR as well. There's definitely a lot of juggling potential in this game.

The reason he feels he stands more of a chance in this game, is not only because the learning curve is less, but because no one is really good at the game yet. So of course there will be less dominant players. This applies to all fighting games really. Experts will destroy you.
---
#40LuminescentRulePosted 11/13/2012 3:40:16 PM
The super system is pretty amazing. You have to be tactical and smart in the way you play to win a match.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10