In your honest opinion, do you think this game will be better than Brawl?

#91grzajabarkusPosted 11/13/2012 10:23:33 PM
Yes.
#92SuffurixPosted 11/13/2012 11:11:34 PM
From the gameplay I've seen so far, I'm fairly impressed at how they've been able to take an idea directly ripped off from Smash Bros. but implement it in a brand new way. However, what I've also seen is a seemingly very shallow play experience involving characters from some of the most obscure places of videogaming. Sweet Tooth? Parappa the Rapper? Fat Princess (or whatever she's called) ??? I understand Kratos, he's pretty popular, but there's been no mention of a Final Fantasy character yet? Come on. I realize this is probably just because I'm not a Sony gamer, but then again the majority of gamers are not Sony gamers. This game is playing towards a massively smaller demographic than Smash Bros. was. I think one of the main reasons for the draw behind Smash Bros. is because people know the characters. Aside from Fire Emblem (which aren't as well-known as other Nintendo titles) and Kid Icarus (and probably Mr. Game and Watch), almost all of the characters in their lineup are well-known characters from famous franchises. There's also just a huge amount of skill involved with Smash, and it's looking so far like All-stars is just a "fun" game,not necessarily a competitive one. I mean, yeah it'll be competitive, but there's definitely no spark there. It just doesn't have what Smash had that just skyrocketed its success.
#93antking61Posted 11/13/2012 11:19:22 PM
Smash Bros has had 3 games to perfect it's gameplay.

All Stars is the 1st entry.

Aside from that, Smash focuses on the random battles with bo-bombs, Cracker Cannons, Pokeballs, and chaos everywhere. All-Stars seems to be focusing more on the combat itself, especially since it isn't a "Sumo" style fighting game.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#94PhantomEmperorPosted 11/14/2012 12:15:20 AM
Suffurix posted...
From the gameplay I've seen so far, I'm fairly impressed at how they've been able to take an idea directly ripped off from Smash Bros. but implement it in a brand new way. However, what I've also seen is a seemingly very shallow play experience involving characters from some of the most obscure places of videogaming. Sweet Tooth? Parappa the Rapper? Fat Princess (or whatever she's called) ??? I understand Kratos, he's pretty popular, but there's been no mention of a Final Fantasy character yet? Come on. I realize this is probably just because I'm not a Sony gamer, but then again the majority of gamers are not Sony gamers. This game is playing towards a massively smaller demographic than Smash Bros. was. I think one of the main reasons for the draw behind Smash Bros. is because people know the characters. Aside from Fire Emblem (which aren't as well-known as other Nintendo titles) and Kid Icarus (and probably Mr. Game and Watch), almost all of the characters in their lineup are well-known characters from famous franchises. There's also just a huge amount of skill involved with Smash, and it's looking so far like All-stars is just a "fun" game,not necessarily a competitive one. I mean, yeah it'll be competitive, but there's definitely no spark there. It just doesn't have what Smash had that just skyrocketed its success.

Reading all that was a pain but anyway go see the recent WNF with all stars then come back after you see how competitive it really is.
---
PSN:PhantomEmperor
PSASBR:Raiden,Sly,Ratchet UNIB:Seth,Gordeau BBCP:Hakumen,hazama,jin UMVC3:Jill,vjoe,storm SSF4ae:Vega,Yang SSBB:Fox,Marth MK9:Ermac KOF:K`
#95PhantomEmperorPosted 11/14/2012 12:16:07 AM
Yes i think this better than brawl
---
PSN:PhantomEmperor
PSASBR:Raiden,Sly,Ratchet UNIB:Seth,Gordeau BBCP:Hakumen,hazama,jin UMVC3:Jill,vjoe,storm SSF4ae:Vega,Yang SSBB:Fox,Marth MK9:Ermac KOF:K`
#96SuffurixPosted 11/14/2012 6:30:11 AM
That's actually incorrect. Brawl has the *option* of playing with all the random items on, but you don't have to. Competitive Brawl is played with no items or smash balls on, so it is based off of pure skill. And I was just referring to my first impression of the game. Whether it really is an incredibly skill-based game or not, it just doesn't have that "spark" that Smash Bros. has always had. It just seems kind of ordinary.
#97blaze19_0XPosted 11/14/2012 6:32:42 AM
Suffurix posted...
That's actually incorrect. Brawl has the *option* of playing with all the random items on, but you don't have to. Competitive Brawl is played with no items or smash balls on, so it is based off of pure skill. And I was just referring to my first impression of the game. Whether it really is an incredibly skill-based game or not, it just doesn't have that "spark" that Smash Bros. has always had. It just seems kind of ordinary.

I agree that Brawl's gameplay is fundamentally better but in this game you can also turn off items and even stage hazards (you couldn't turn off hazards in Brawl).
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#98IrokouPosted 11/14/2012 7:06:02 AM
Suffurix posted...

Hrm well all stars has already set foot in the FGC with the recent WNF showcase. I honestly think comparing these games has gotten a little silly as many people seem to imply that all stars is inferior. I mean all stars has been out for a few months.......oh wait. It's as if some people are afraid of the game doing anything slightly better than smash. Like superbot's primary goal is to make smash crash and burn lol. The games are different at a core so it's very hard to gauge whether something is "missing" in comparison to smash. I love smash but i'm not going to dismiss this game so easily.
#99blaze19_0XPosted 11/14/2012 7:08:36 AM
Irokou posted...
Suffurix posted...

Hrm well all stars has already set foot in the FGC with the recent WNF showcase. I honestly think comparing these games has gotten a little silly as many people seem to imply that all stars is inferior. I mean all stars has been out for a few months.......oh wait. It's as if some people are afraid of the game doing anything slightly better than smash. Like superbot's primary goal is to make smash crash and burn lol. The games are different at a core so it's very hard to gauge whether something is "missing" in comparison to smash. I love smash but i'm not going to dismiss this game so easily.

When you campare Smash's sheer amount of content, variety and character roster, this game does seem quite missing in a lot of aspects. It has nothing to do with bias or people wanting it to be like Smash.

Also pretty much everyone has already said the online is better.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#100CaioNVPosted 11/14/2012 7:15:36 AM
Everything is better than Brawl.
I don't think this game will beat the good 2 SSB games tough, but it can if it is veeery good.
100th post. My opinion is fact.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png