I'm going to wait for the Game of the Year/Complete edition.

#21Nisa20Posted 11/14/2012 8:22:46 AM
Littlejeffery posted...
The 20 preorder costumes and the inevitable dlc characters, stages, outfits, etc will be worth the wait. Before anypony says that I will cave eventually, you have no idea how patient I am.

So... you really needed this topic for reassurance huh? Otherwise I don't see why you had to announce to everyone here what your plans are...
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#22grzajabarkusPosted 11/14/2012 8:26:37 AM
Who's to say this gets a game of the year edition. Or any complete edition post launch? Have fun waiting...lol
#23Dr_Jungy_BrogenPosted 11/14/2012 8:27:59 AM
Littlejeffery posted...
The 20 preorder costumes and the inevitable dlc characters, stages, outfits, etc will be worth the wait. Before anypony says that I will cave eventually, you have no idea how patient I am.

I agree. I pre-ordered the game months ago... and my excitement took a huge hit when Sony confirmed downloadable characters and stages last week. I'm still stoked for the game, but I'm willing to wait a little longer for the complete experience in one package. Needless to say, I canceled my pre-order. I don't think I'll ever understand why they announce DLC before the game launches.

Oh, and before anyone says anything, I understand the development process, but they could at least wait a few weeks after launch and make it appear that it wasn't thought of long before the game went gold.
---
I'm a doctor too.
#24blaze19_0XPosted 11/14/2012 8:31:50 AM
Dr_Jungy_Brogen posted...
Littlejeffery posted...

I agree. I pre-ordered the game months ago... and my excitement took a huge hit when Sony confirmed downloadable characters and stages last week. I'm still stoked for the game, but I'm willing to wait a little longer for the complete experience in one package. Needless to say, I canceled my pre-order. I don't think I'll ever understand why they announce DLC before the game launches.

Oh, and before anyone says anything, I understand the development process, but they could at least wait a few weeks after launch and make it appear that it wasn't thought of long before the game went gold.

We are simply pointing out that there's absolutely no guarantee that a complete version will ever be released.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#25Dr_Jungy_BrogenPosted 11/14/2012 8:44:16 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
Dr_Jungy_Brogen posted...
Littlejeffery posted...

We are simply pointing out that there's absolutely no guarantee that a complete version will ever be released.

Yeah, that's a chance I'm willing to take! I'm just so damn sick of DLC... maybe I'm too old for games anyway. lol
---
I'm a doctor too.
#26chocolatemc42Posted 11/14/2012 9:47:53 AM
Taizuku posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
chocolatemc42 posted...
Irokou posted...
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
I think I'm gonna wait too. I was planning on pre-ordering, but then I remembered all the DLC that's likely to be released. Now if all future DLC was somehow made free for everyone who pre-ordered the game I'd place my order now. But I'm not paying for half of a game because companies are too greedy and purposely leave out content to make it downloaded later for an additional fee.

I'll gamefly it in the meantime.

Because you can leave out content that wasn't there to begin with right? Anyway it sounds like you are describing disk locked content (I know you aren't) which is of course capcoms' common practice. It's not superbot's fault that groups like Activision or Team ICO didn't want to budge. Now if you choose to wait then fine, it's up to you as the customer of course, but don't make superbot out to be some corrupt company. (If you were refering to them lol)

I don't hate Superbot, just how greedy the game industry has become.

It's certainly true that this sort of nonsense wouldn't have existed in the earlier days.

Characters would be secret unlockables, not DLC. And last gen iirc games were cheaper too already.

However, I can guarantee this move doesn't benifet Superbot, only Sony. Sony no doubt forced them to do this.

I don't think anyone takes into account how much cheaper games were to make back in the day...or how simplistic they were...

MAYBE cheaper to make to an extent, but that's no excuse because games cost more ANYWAY than they used to. If they were more simplistic, why is SF3 a deeper more technical fighter than SF4? SSBM has more substantial content on a mini disc than this game has on a Blu Ray. Rather than to rush this game out to make Christmas Sweeps, they should have taken the time to really cram a Blu Ray's worth of content. It would have made a superior product, there would be more interested customers, and the game would be more satisfying, not to mention missing the Christmas Sweeps would have made this game a blockbuster with minimal competition.
---
Not changing this sig till we get a proper Mega Man sequel!
PSN: Michael_Thomas09
#27blaze19_0XPosted 11/14/2012 9:54:33 AM

MAYBE cheaper to make to an extent, but that's no excuse because games cost more ANYWAY than they used to. If they were more simplistic, why is SF3 a deeper more technical fighter than SF4? SSBM has more substantial content on a mini disc than this game has on a Blu Ray. Rather than to rush this game out to make Christmas Sweeps, they should have taken the time to really cram a Blu Ray's worth of content. It would have made a superior product, there would be more interested customers, and the game would be more satisfying, not to mention missing the Christmas Sweeps would have made this game a blockbuster with minimal competition.

It's funny because a Blue Ray disc can hold 25GB (single layer) or 50GB (double layer). That's why the PS3 never needs multiple discs. And it means that if they actually tried to cram as much as possible, the game would have an aboslutely ridiculous amount of content. We are talking about 2-4 times the content of Brawl.

In that case, this game could be 100 dollars and it would be worth it.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#28chocolatemc42Posted 11/14/2012 10:05:22 AM
blaze19_0X posted...

It's funny because a Blue Ray disc can hold 25GB (single layer) or 50GB (double layer). That's why the PS3 never needs multiple discs. And it means that if they actually tried to cram as much as possible, the game would have an aboslutely ridiculous amount of content. We are talking about 2-4 times the content of Brawl.

In that case, this game could be 100 dollars and it would be worth it.

EXACTLY. I'll pay what a game is worth, but this game with this current technology should have been able to run circles around Brawl/Melee in every way (except arguably roster if you like Nintendo more), yet what Superbot was able to do was hampered by unnecessary restrictions with scheduling, character licensing, and studios WITHIN Sony being selfish with their characters.
---
Not changing this sig till we get a proper Mega Man sequel!
PSN: Michael_Thomas09
#29SpacePirateKhanPosted 11/14/2012 10:08:19 AM
Last time I waited for a Complete Version of a game, they shocked everyone and made Pokemon Black 2/White 2 instead. >.>
---
www.change.org/petitions/superbot-make-the-king-of-all-cosmos-a-dlc-character-2
King of all Cosmos (Katamari) for PSASBR!
#308f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 11/14/2012 9:10:11 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Flare1721 posted...
chocolatemc42 posted...
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
I think I'm gonna wait too. I was planning on pre-ordering, but then I remembered all the DLC that's likely to be released. Now if all future DLC was somehow made free for everyone who pre-ordered the game I'd place my order now. But I'm not paying for half of a game because companies are too greedy and purposely leave out content to make it downloaded later for an additional fee.

I'll gamefly it in the meantime.

My sentiment exactly. 60 bucks a game, then most likely 30 bucks in DLC, just to have a game with 3/4 the content of Melee. It isn't financially responsible to pay 90 bucks for a game. The sad part is, most of what is gonna be DLC would have been unlockable 8 years ago. Pay more for less... So since that won't be changing anytime soon, GOTY bundles are the way to go.

I like how both you kno this game has less content then Melee. Because it has 20 characters? They tried getting crash in but it wasn't there fault. I like how the blame is SuperBots. Who's to say DLC isn't free for the first few guys most requested?

Who's to say highly requested characters will even be DLC?

And I repeat, if there's a GOTY addition (very likely) there still isn't any certainty it will have all the DLC or even some of it.

It'll have more than the regular edition, and that's good enough for me. I'm not paying for an incomplete $60 game though just to have to pay more for extra content that should have been in it from the start.

I don't know how gamers can defend DLC. It's a shady practice to try to squeeze more out of consumers. More and more developers are announcing DLC before or shortly after a game is even released, that seems a little fishy to me. Planning what to leave out and save for DLC post-release date has become a part of a game's developmental process, and that's sad.