First DLC Characters Revealed

#131blitz_0623Posted 11/15/2012 10:02:41 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
Taizuku posted...
Pieman0920 posted...
Free characters implies they are probably pretty much done and on disk, but its not like that's an issue outside of waiting, since free is free.

Yeah, 2 months after release when the game's online community has died.

Shut up dude, you're not even trying. Name a single game ever that's online community died in 2 months.

Twisted Metal.

Why is everyone here talking about online community sh*t? Doesn't anyone have REAL LIFE PEOPLE to play with locally? It's not like these DLCs will only be available to play online.
#132iLovebabesPosted 11/15/2012 10:04:00 AM
Taizuku posted...
iLovebabes posted...
Taizuku posted...
Pieman0920 posted...
Free characters implies they are probably pretty much done and on disk, but its not like that's an issue outside of waiting, since free is free.

Shut up dude, you're not even trying. Name a single game ever that's online community died in 2 months.

I can. Twisted Metal, and Skull Girls. I gave you one for free.

Skullgirls online community is still active, not as active as it was, but you can still find matches easy. Same with TM. I should know, seeing as I have both games. And Skullgirls is still played in tournaments...so it clearly still has an online community. Silence. You're just looking stupid now.

You cant be serious? If you are i feel bad for your delusions.
---
Smash bros = party fighter---
Sony Smash = marketing fighter---360-PS3-Wii-3DS
#133TaizukuPosted 11/15/2012 10:04:34 AM
Pieman0920 posted...
Taizuku posted...

Well there is a significant drop off by around then. Especially for lower profile games. Still, the release of new characters is probably a way to try to counter that by drumming up interest later on. That was part of the plan for SFxT, though it backfired on them due to its cost. This is probably the same (as in the characters will likely be there on the disk and can the game can probably be hacked so they can played early) but its not charging people.

Of course there's a drop in play around that point, same as any game. It doesn't take long for the super casuals to stop playing. Then you're left with casuals and competitives. Then casuals drop off after about 6 months, then you're left with competitives, who (in fighting games) after a year will only play offline with friends usually or in tourneys. After a year or so you're left with hardcores that love the game and don't stop playing online until the server shuts down.

That being said, this will work something like that. But it'll be far from dead in 2 months.
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#134ManuKesnaPosted 11/15/2012 10:05:04 AM
Taizuku posted...
iLovebabes posted...
Taizuku posted...

I can. Twisted Metal, and Skull Girls. I gave you one for free.

Skullgirls online community is still active, not as active as it was, but you can still find matches easy. Same with TM. I should know, seeing as I have both games. And Skullgirls is still played in tournaments...so it clearly still has an online community. Silence. You're just looking stupid now.

You cant be serious? If you are i feel bad for your delusions.

i feel bad your since it seems that you like to waste time in something you dont like
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#135RagirothPosted 11/15/2012 10:05:56 AM
BONER ACHIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEVED!!!!
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#136LTJpunkPosted 11/15/2012 10:06:04 AM
Excalibur0123 posted...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/15/first-playstation-all-stars-dlc-kat-and-emmett-join-the-battle-royale-for-free/

So Kat and Emmet Graves......

WHERE THE FOOP IS CLOUD AND SORA!!

If they got Cloud or Sora, do you really expect them not to charge for them?

This is nice, but let's be honest, the reason these are free is because they are characters not many people would pay for.

But it's still good news.
---
Feed Davey Richards to the Ryback!
#137StaticnovaPosted 11/15/2012 10:06:37 AM
Oh, look at that; a good portion of the board is complaining about a decent announcement.

Who'd have thought?
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, Amnesia: AMFP, NS: UNS 3
Playing: ACIII
#138iLovebabesPosted 11/15/2012 10:06:47 AM
No he does have a point. By the time Axel came out as free DLC in TM, the community was *basically* dead. It didnt even matter.
---
Smash bros = party fighter---
Sony Smash = marketing fighter---360-PS3-Wii-3DS
#139TheExiled280Posted 11/15/2012 10:07:06 AM
Excalibur0123 posted...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/15/first-playstation-all-stars-dlc-kat-and-emmett-join-the-battle-royale-for-free/

So Kat and Emmet Graves......

WHERE THE FOOP IS CLOUD AND SORA!!

If they got Cloud or Sora, do you really expect them not to charge for them?

This is nice, but let's be honest, the reason these are free is because they are characters not many people would pay for.

But it's still good news.

I don't think SE will let Sony put either character in the game. If they did, they would surely be on-disk
---
"T*ts are life, ass is hometwon" - Kenichiro Takaki (Japanese Video Game Dev)
#140nclrwntrPosted 11/15/2012 10:07:36 AM
My guess for DLC characters will be characters from forthcoming games in order to promote them. Like, Joel/Ellie (the last of us), Big Boss (MGSGZ), Lara (new tomb raider), Lightning (lightning returns), Elizabeth (bioshock infinite), Kazuma Kiriyu(Yakuza 5), Agent 47, dude from dead space.