An OBVIOUSLY ETHNIC character and another FEMALE character???

#11IrokouPosted 11/16/2012 12:57:24 PM
Haku125 posted...
So uh TC remember when you said Seth Killian told you that PS1 fans would like the DLC? well turns out you were lying. No surprise there

Now was that comment for this dlc pack or dlc in general? Upcoming dlc could very well please ps1 fans if it is the latter. At that point it isn't a lie. Again just curious.
#12OdahviingPosted 11/16/2012 1:06:40 PM
I'll never understand why the inclusion of a black character is so mind blowing. Is this board still living in the 1800s or something? Who cares if he's black or not.
#13NewMoonShadowPosted 11/16/2012 1:23:19 PM
Odahviing posted...
I'll never understand why the inclusion of a black character is so mind blowing. Is this board still living in the 1800s or something? Who cares if he's black or not.

1800's? Try closer to the 1960's/1970's. Racism isn't as far back in the past as kids today think it was, and in fact there are still traces of it alive and well today.

Hell the fact that since the 80's there have been few if any truly recognized black video game heroes is only another sign of this.
#14AWorldUnitedPosted 11/16/2012 7:07:16 PM
Odahviing posted...

Are Ye daft or something? Tis a big deal because this has never beens done before
#15MightymegaPosted 11/16/2012 8:55:54 PM
Odahviing posted...

There's nothing wrong with having minorities represented even when not playing the race card. There are black people in the world just like females this is fact and its obvious that people want to see characters that are their race/sex in games.

That said I don't like to make to big a deal if they aren't represented in a game for a good reason.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#16chiefofsb78Posted 11/16/2012 9:08:05 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Odahviing posted...

1800's? Try closer to the 1960's/1970's. Racism isn't as far back in the past as kids today think it was, and in fact there are still traces of it alive and well today.

Hell the fact that since the 80's there have been few if any truly recognized black video game heroes is only another sign of this.

there will NEVER be traces of racism it is full blown and well known its everywhere even here on gamefaqs
#17OdahviingPosted 11/16/2012 9:30:36 PM
AWorldUnited posted...
Odahviing posted...

Are Ye daft or something? Tis a big deal because this has never beens done before

Not sure if serious.

Mightymega posted...
Odahviing posted...

There's nothing wrong with having minorities represented even when not playing the race card. There are black people in the world just like females this is fact and its obvious that people want to see characters that are their race/sex in games.

That said I don't like to make to big a deal if they aren't represented in a game for a good reason.

Who said there was anything wrong with minorities being represented? The fact people shouldn't be going nuts over a black guy being in this game is because it isn't that rare for a black person to be in a videogame anyway. I love that this game is becoming more diverse, its the fact that people aren't seeing him as a starhawk representative and primarily as "the black guy" thats isn't right IMO.
#18tlcstormz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 2:54:10 PM
Odahviing posted...
AWorldUnited posted...
Odahviing posted...

Not sure if serious.

Mightymega posted...
Odahviing posted...

Who said there was anything wrong with minorities being represented? The fact people shouldn't be going nuts over a black guy being in this game is because it isn't that rare for a black person to be in a videogame anyway. I love that this game is becoming more diverse, its the fact that people aren't seeing him as a starhawk representative and primarily as "the black guy" thats isn't right IMO.

LOLWTF?

Name me TEN African-American Male Video Game Characters that could have made it onto this roster.

I will be waiting with a box full of cookies.
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#19tlcstormz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:12:11 PM
Yeah...that's EXACTLY what I thought.....
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14