So only 2 black characters in the game and they're both DLC?

#141T_l_M_B_0Posted 11/15/2012 6:51:13 PM
Kageblade23 posted...
SamuraiLloyd posted...
How about this? Why can't we just say that Kat is Kat? She's from a fictional universe where our nationalities may not necessarily apply. Her having darker skin may not mean anything to the people of that universe. Also, I don't think Kat's nationality has ever been stated by the creative team.

Kat is Kat, leave it at that.

i like this answer :)

That answer is fine, but its still ridiculous that people try and call her black when she is clearly lighter skinned than a tan white girl.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#142lamarfllPosted 11/15/2012 6:53:06 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Kageblade23 posted...
SamuraiLloyd posted...
How about this? Why can't we just say that Kat is Kat? She's from a fictional universe where our nationalities may not necessarily apply. Her having darker skin may not mean anything to the people of that universe. Also, I don't think Kat's nationality has ever been stated by the creative team.

That answer is fine, but its still ridiculous that people try and call her black when she is clearly lighter skinned than a tan white girl.

It doesn't mean anything.
---
"the first one who stop spamming will be executed!"
#143T_l_M_B_0Posted 11/15/2012 7:03:55 PM
lamarfll posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Kageblade23 posted...
SamuraiLloyd posted...

HAHAHAHA So a girl is lighter skinned than a white girl and you are still saying she might be black? You can't be serious bro.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#144lamarfllPosted 11/15/2012 7:18:48 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
lamarfll posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Kageblade23 posted...
SamuraiLloyd posted...

HAHAHAHA So a girl is lighter skinned than a white girl and you are still saying she might be black? You can't be serious bro.

I've already made my case with my grandma, but I'm starting to get bored, so I'll just say to you if she's black, she's black, if not, I don't care, you just have a black and white (lol) way of seeing things, was what I was trying to tell you.

Believe you want, as long as you're not being rude like too that other guy, since you seem to have that mindset people on the internet seem to have, about making someone look dumb to makes yourself look smart.
---
"the first one who stop spamming will be executed!"
#145FurryyifferPosted 11/15/2012 7:37:47 PM
She looks mixed to me, zam. But either way I really dont get why it matters. I liked her game and her character so Im happy she's in ragardless of her skin color :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#146Bleach313Posted 11/15/2012 7:46:09 PM
This game was made in Japan I HIGHLY expect that she is Asian, but a more darker tone of Asian. Most if not all Japanese devs make their characters Asian, you will rarely see a character from a Japanese dev be American or some other race. I think the only loopholes I've seen in Japanese games are Dante.

So yeah she's just a really tanned Asian. Also just to let people know even people that don't look Asian are Asian, for example Cloud, Goku, and Vincent (Catherine).
#147kuwab0Posted 11/15/2012 8:11:08 PM
Bleach313 posted...
This game was made in Japan I HIGHLY expect that she is Asian, but a more darker tone of Asian. Most if not all Japanese devs make their characters Asian, you will rarely see a character from a Japanese dev be American or some other race. I think the only loopholes I've seen in Japanese games are Dante.

So yeah she's just a really tanned Asian. Also just to let people know even people that don't look Asian are Asian, for example Cloud, Goku, and Vincent (Catherine).

Japanese people want to be White.
#148Tobi011Posted 11/15/2012 8:21:59 PM
This is a rather silly topic.
#149clinttigerPosted 11/15/2012 8:35:16 PM
kuwab0 posted...
Bleach313 posted...

Japanese people want to be White.

Word
#150jeremy1498Posted 11/15/2012 8:42:05 PM
Hey did you guys know there are dark skinned asian people as well? In certain regions of China, Korea, and the islands off the coast of Japan live people who are darker than you would think they are? Yeah. And Ganguro girls...I mean it's a spray tan but those chicks are way darker than Kat...

As for people bringing up anime "black" people...just stop and think about their names for a minute...Mihoshi in Tenchi Muyo? Come on...she's a japanese chick...this is indeed getting ridiculous.