So only 2 black characters in the game and they're both DLC?

#151bartz90Posted 11/15/2012 8:49:24 PM
Bleach313 posted...
This game was made in Japan I HIGHLY expect that she is Asian, but a more darker tone of Asian. Most if not all Japanese devs make their characters Asian, you will rarely see a character from a Japanese dev be American or some other race. I think the only loopholes I've seen in Japanese games are Dante.

So yeah she's just a really tanned Asian. Also just to let people know even people that don't look Asian are Asian, for example Cloud, Goku, and Vincent (Catherine).

It may not even be that. She looks like she wears ganguro fashion which means she simply might just be wearing it. They tan their skin dark, dye or bleach their hair blonde and wear over the top outfits.

And I think you're wrong about Cloud for example. Square specifically stated that FFX was the first FF they explicitly tried to make Asian looking characters which you can see in the cinematic scenes. Before that they were designing characters that could be anything really. Cloud didn't look very Japanese until Advent Children. Look at his art in 7. It was ambiguous if nothing else which is typical of Japanese characters.

Your assertion that you rarely see a character from a Japanese dev that isn't Japanese is just laughable. Many Japanese shows and games feature ambiguous if not non-Japanese characters. Leonard in WKC, Isaac in Golden Sun, Axel and Blaze in Streets of Rage, Jaster in Rouge Galaxy, Mario, Snake, Samus, Link, RE characters, Castlevania characters, Demon's Souls characters, the list could go on forever.
---
-
#152Nisa20Posted 11/15/2012 8:53:56 PM
bartz90 posted...
Bleach313 posted...
This game was made in Japan I HIGHLY expect that she is Asian, but a more darker tone of Asian. Most if not all Japanese devs make their characters Asian, you will rarely see a character from a Japanese dev be American or some other race. I think the only loopholes I've seen in Japanese games are Dante.

So yeah she's just a really tanned Asian. Also just to let people know even people that don't look Asian are Asian, for example Cloud, Goku, and Vincent (Catherine).

It may not even be that. She looks like she wears ganguro fashion which means she simply might just be wearing it. They tan their skin dark, dye or bleach their hair blonde and wear over the top outfits.

And I think you're wrong about Cloud for example. Square specifically stated that FFX was the first FF they explicitly tried to make Asian looking characters which you can see in the cinematic scenes. Before that they were designing characters that could be anything really. Cloud didn't look very Japanese until Advent Children. Look at his art in 7. It was ambiguous if nothing else which is typical of Japanese characters.

Your assertion that you rarely see a character from a Japanese dev that isn't Japanese is just laughable. Many Japanese shows and games feature ambiguous if not non-Japanese characters. Leonard in WKC, Isaac in Golden Sun, Axel and Blaze in Streets of Rage, Jaster in Rouge Galaxy, Mario, Snake, Samus, Link, RE characters, Castlevania characters, Demon's Souls characters, the list could go on forever.

It's already been said, but this is most likely just a case of ambiguity. Let the thread die already people. Kat's skin won't make a magic tree that grows hershey bars sprout in your back yard. The "I have to be right on the internet" game has run it's course let it die guys.
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#153bartz90Posted 11/15/2012 8:56:15 PM
Nisa20 posted...
bartz90 posted...
Bleach313 posted...

It's already been said, but this is most likely just a case of ambiguity. Let the thread die already people. Kat's skin won't make a magic tree that grows hershey bars sprout in your back yard. The "I have to be right on the internet" game has run it's course let it die guys.

It might... you don't know me.
---
-
#154Nisa20Posted 11/15/2012 8:58:13 PM
bartz90 posted...
Nisa20 posted...
bartz90 posted...
Bleach313 posted...

It might... you don't know me.

Only tree I can think of that she could make grow would be in your pants. -Ba-dum-dush-
---
PS3 ID: MistyLear
#155co1onelPosted 11/15/2012 8:59:18 PM
This topic is so full of win
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel
#156Chzrm3Posted 11/15/2012 9:01:26 PM
Bleach313 posted...

Wasn't Vincent supposed to be Amurican? His name was Vincent Brooks. : >
---
If I haven't mentioned Kat in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#157bartz90Posted 11/15/2012 9:02:15 PM
Nisa20 posted...
Only tree I can think of that she could make grow would be in your pants. -Ba-dum-dush-

Meh, I find her design cute at best.
---
-
#158FurryyifferPosted 11/15/2012 9:06:20 PM
jeremy1498 posted...
Hey did you guys know there are dark skinned asian people as well? In certain regions of China, Korea, and the islands off the coast of Japan live people who are darker than you would think they are? Yeah. And Ganguro girls...I mean it's a spray tan but those chicks are way darker than Kat...

As for people bringing up anime "black" people...just stop and think about their names for a minute...Mihoshi in Tenchi Muyo? Come on...she's a japanese chick...this is indeed getting ridiculous.

She couldn't be black and japanese, zam? :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#159co1onelPosted 11/15/2012 9:08:07 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Bleach313 posted...

Wasn't Vincent supposed to be Amurican? His name was Vincent Brooks. : >

Plus Kat has a different name in Japan anyways. I believe it is Kitten or something.

Btw according to Bleach's logic, all characters in MGS are japanese too.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel
#160GohansephirothPosted 11/15/2012 9:18:58 PM
brassmegaman posted...
true black characters in japanese media with yellow/blonde hair

tenchi muyo
http://krazzykamaali.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/tm_mihoshi015.jpg

The hell? Mihoshi is not black

Look i know this is gonna sound racist but if the japanese designers wanted her to be black they would make it pretty pronounced as they usually do. Kat doesnt have full lips or curly hair, in most anime and japanese pieces of fiction those are two major aspects they tend to give characters of african decent, if they wanted kat to be black they would have made sure there was no doubt in that fact. But shes just tanned or at most our equivalent of a philipino or islander girl. This same topic gets brought up in every forum with a dark skinned character, people assume ganondorf is black when hes not, he comes from an arabian like culture so hes definitely of that decent or something close to it for that world.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss