So only 2 black characters in the game and they're both DLC?

#161LordMePosted 11/15/2012 10:26:42 PM(edited)
Kat is tan.

The devs wanted to make her look polar opposite of Raven, in every aspect.

Hair color
Skin tone
Even the outfit is different, Kat wears more over the torso. less as sleves. Raven has less covering the torso, but more over her arms and legs.

It was just a way for those two to be completely different...

Gravity Rush Spoilers
Living at the top of that tower prolly will get you a good tan... That thing is tall, so the clouds might not offer any shade
#162brassmegamanPosted 11/15/2012 10:48:03 PM
Gohansephiroth posted...
brassmegaman posted...
true black characters in japanese media with yellow/blonde hair

tenchi muyo
http://krazzykamaali.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/tm_mihoshi015.jpg

The hell? Mihoshi is not black

Look i know this is gonna sound racist but if the japanese designers wanted her to be black they would make it pretty pronounced as they usually do. Kat doesnt have full lips or curly hair, in most anime and japanese pieces of fiction those are two major aspects they tend to give characters of african decent, if they wanted kat to be black they would have made sure there was no doubt in that fact. But shes just tanned or at most our equivalent of a philipino or islander girl. This same topic gets brought up in every forum with a dark skinned character, people assume ganondorf is black when hes not, he comes from an arabian like culture so hes definitely of that decent or something close to it for that world.

thanks for disagreeing with me with that one character, which is still probably black cause she does have curly hair.and dont give me that blue eyes crap cause the twins in soul eater and street fighter ELENA(an african fighter) have blue eyes and white/blonde hair . im an anime otaku an you cant tell me nothing i dont already know. Btw not all black characters are dipicked the same in anime you fool. the same can be said for white americans that show up in animes. but mostly black characters in anime usually have blonde/white hair

naruto black characters
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/7466/171878-naruto__kumogakure_bros_by_takoruone_super.jpg

tenchi muyo

soul eater
Pot of Fire and Pot of Thunder (kiliks sisters)
http://www.zerochan.net/1084931

tekken
Raven(look him up)

street fighter
elena

vf5
vannasa
#163GohansephirothPosted 11/15/2012 11:35:33 PM
brassmegaman posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...
brassmegaman posted...

tenchi muyo

The hell? Mihoshi is not black

Look i know this is gonna sound racist but if the japanese designers wanted her to be black they would make it pretty pronounced as they usually do. Kat doesnt have full lips or curly hair, in most anime and japanese pieces of fiction those are two major aspects they tend to give characters of african decent, if they wanted kat to be black they would have made sure there was no doubt in that fact. But shes just tanned or at most our equivalent of a philipino or islander girl. This same topic gets brought up in every forum with a dark skinned character, people assume ganondorf is black when hes not, he comes from an arabian like culture so hes definitely of that decent or something close to it for that world.

thanks for disagreeing with me with that one character, which is still probably black cause she does have curly hair.and dont give me that blue eyes crap cause the twins in soul eater and street fighter ELENA(an african fighter) have blue eyes and white/blonde hair . im an anime otaku an you cant tell me nothing i dont already know. Btw not all black characters are dipicked the same in anime you fool. the same can be said for white americans that show up in animes. but mostly black characters in anime usually have blonde/white hair

Just because a few black characters in anime have white or blond hair doesnt mean thats a definite indication of their race, if you read what id written youd see what other traits i mean. Raikage and bee have blond hair, but bee also has corn rows and thick lips, he also raps so he has many other features that prove that hes black not just white hair. Hair color in anime is a non issue since people can have blue hair, and pink hair is considered a red head to some characters in anime (sakura is considered a red head in naruto). Elena is from africa theres no denying it, she has features that show that other than her hair or eyes. Mihoshi's hair is slightly curly but for the most part straight and not frizzy, her whole family has straight hair (they show up throughout the series), so i just dont think because she and other characters who are tanned have to immediately be labeled as black, and especially not because some african characters have white hair from other series.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#164tlcstormzPosted 11/18/2012 3:48:18 AM
KAT IS MIXED!!!!!!!!! Okay? Dang. She is a bit of everything and NOT a full 100% of ANYTHING.

Everyone can be quiet, now.
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#165IrokouPosted 11/18/2012 3:57:19 AM
They are both great free dlc. Should be all that matters.
#166M3AD0WPosted 11/18/2012 11:45:46 PM
Considering the director of the game is black, I don't think Superbot is racist.
#167Capitan_KidPosted 11/18/2012 11:49:20 PM
Geebus christ! Kat is black. Light toned but still black!
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#168PielordXPosted 11/18/2012 11:54:34 PM
tlcstormz posted...
KAT IS MIXED!!!!!!!!! Okay? Dang. She is a bit of everything and NOT a full 100% of ANYTHING.

Everyone can be quiet, now.

YOU, WHYD YOU BUMP THIS?
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass