So only 2 black characters in the game and they're both DLC?

#51trollhunter2Posted 11/15/2012 12:59:46 PM
Ryumoau23 posted...
Japan isn't good at drawing black people (without it being Mr Popo level offensive) so i can't tell if Kat is supposed to be one or not.

lol mr popo art is called black face and its offensive cause it was a racist way of drawing
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#52jeremy1498Posted 11/15/2012 1:05:29 PM
I come from the Jersey Shore...where a lot of women (white women mind you) tan themselves quite often. Due to the tan, a lot of them are darker than most people so by the logic in this topic they're black?

What about dark skinned Indian people? They're black too?
#53brassmegamanPosted 11/15/2012 1:32:00 PM(edited)
kats probably black. as for the light blond hair, well japanese developers always make dark skinn black characters have white or light/blond hair. example

naruto.:the black characters in the heaven village have the same hair color as kat(infact they look just like kat)
outlaw star: asia kan kan
blaze blue: tao kua kua
vf5: vanessa
tenchi muyo: mihoshi

and many MANY MORE. its a japanes thing(trust me there is a lot of them)
#54Dark5009Posted 11/15/2012 1:32:23 PM
Kat is ganguro.

/topic
#55MajesticFerretPosted 11/15/2012 1:41:22 PM
Apparently people need to get their eyes checked:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kat+gravity+rush&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pGClUKf5FZDa9ASj04HQBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=677

Kat is ALBINO levels of white. She's impossibly pale yet people are calling her black?

Kat is practically yellow she's so white.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#56BlueEye0Posted 11/15/2012 1:49:20 PM
Think Kat is a ganguro, so not black.
#57TheExiled280Posted 11/15/2012 1:50:37 PM
From: brassmegaman | Posted: 11/15/2012 4:32:00 PM | #053
kats probably black. as for the light blond hair, well japanese developers always make dark skinn black characters have white or light/blond hair. example

naruto.:the black characters in the heaven village have the same hair color as kat(infact they look just like kat)
outlaw star: asia kan kan
blaze blue: tao kua kua
vf5: vanessa
tenchi muyo: mihoshi

and many MANY MORE. its a japanes thing(trust me there is a lot of them)

this

anyway, why is topic still active? Kat is Kat, leave it at that....
---
God Eater 2 Trailer:
http://youtu.be/KKm_TC53Cvs
#58ViewtifulGravePosted 11/15/2012 2:09:20 PM
Ryumoau23 posted...
Japan isn't good at drawing black people (without it being Mr Popo level offensive) so i can't tell if Kat is supposed to be one or not.

Mr. Popo isn't even human, I believe he is jin(sp). The only black character in Dragon Ball was General Black. Naruto and Bleach have quite a few black characters that don't come off as an offensive stereotypes.
---
Tell you what man. You enjoy teaching high schoolers, and I'll enjoy creating my crappy manga. Let's see where we both are in a year.~ TheDoorMouse
#59CyhortI82Posted 11/15/2012 2:34:46 PM
Hey look, there's no problem. Let's go create one!
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#60iluvaznchixPosted 11/15/2012 2:41:19 PM
my president is black
---
whatever ridiculousness i've just posted, i swear to you, i'm not on drugs
XBL GT: i luv azn chix: PSN: iluvaznchix : @iluvaznchix