DLC announced before the game is even out and people are praising it?

#61The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/15/2012 6:52:18 PM
Well it's free has been said thousands of time that it's lost it's meaning. But the game has no doubt gone Gold now and will be shipping to shops very soon. So DLC at this point is alright to be honest. Espicially considering those are some pretty cool characters.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#62Bestia_SomniaPosted 11/15/2012 6:52:46 PM
Pezofpower posted...
Tails288 posted...
Pezofpower posted...
Totally agree with TC, That free DLC is probably apart of the Development Cycle for the game. You're getting free DLC but it's probably something they were going to package with the game anyway, splintered it off and now y'all have a way more positive disposition because it's free DLC which means you're all the more likely to blindly purchase future DLC. Clever marketing Sony, is clever.

You're acting like it's finished.

The game or the DLC?

because if it's Day1 DLC it only furthers my point. Heck, even if it's within the first 6 months It could of just as easily been apart of the initial game development and they pocketed it for later.

And it could of just as easily been made after the game or not completed in time for the release. It could have been many things, but nobody knows, so everyone should just shut up whining about it. Most of the people here are probably just using it as a scapegoat - an excuse as to why they're not buying the game, even though they had no intention of buying it regardless. There are plenty of haters like that on this board.
#63Tails288Posted 11/15/2012 6:53:20 PM
Pezofpower posted...
Tails288 posted...
Pezofpower posted...
Totally agree with TC, That free DLC is probably apart of the Development Cycle for the game. You're getting free DLC but it's probably something they were going to package with the game anyway, splintered it off and now y'all have a way more positive disposition because it's free DLC which means you're all the more likely to blindly purchase future DLC. Clever marketing Sony, is clever.

The game or the DLC?

because if it's Day1 DLC it only furthers my point. Heck, even if it's within the first 6 months It could of just as easily been apart of the initial game development and they pocketed it for later.

It doesn't have a set date, just when they're finished. And lol @ 6 months.
---
Reviving PATRATS. Members: 4
Official Emboar of the B/W Boards!
#64KirinreposePosted 11/15/2012 6:54:05 PM
Wait til paid DLC characters come out for people to start pissing and moaning.
---
(Central) Smash bros brawl FC: 4253-4628-8527 LION
Mario Kart: 3995-8082-7002
#65delta_12Posted 11/15/2012 6:56:58 PM
Pezofpower posted...
Tails288 posted...
Pezofpower posted...

The game or the DLC?

exactly my thought..
#66PezofpowerPosted 11/15/2012 6:58:00 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Pezofpower posted...
Tails288 posted...
Pezofpower posted...

The game or the DLC?

And it could of just as easily been made after the game or not completed in time for the release. It could have been many things, but nobody knows, so everyone should just shut up whining about it. Most of the people here are probably just using it as a scapegoat - an excuse as to why they're not buying the game, even though they had no intention of buying it regardless. There are plenty of haters like that on this board.

I'm indifferent, I won't be getting the game. But Day 1 DLC is a problem that is worth considering for all games on all platforms. It's underhanded and wrong, If it's on the disc you should be able to play it.
---
PSN:Pezofpower
#67marceloxlrPosted 11/15/2012 7:10:42 PM
Pezofpower posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Pezofpower posted...
Tails288 posted...
Pezofpower posted...

The game or the DLC?

I'm indifferent, I won't be getting the game. But Day 1 DLC is a problem that is worth considering for all games on all platforms. It's underhanded and wrong, If it's on the disc you should be able to play it.

Day 1 DLC is bad and it shouldn't exist, but that is not the case here. The DLC will be released a couple of months after the official release of the game, so i don't see a problem about it...
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Axel
#68Kageblade23Posted 11/15/2012 7:41:59 PM
waspennator posted...
Really, your acting like if just one little bit of good dlc is praised, its the end of the world 2012 and everyone needs to die. Dude, not every bit of dlc is Capcom styled dlc.

haha i find it very ammusing that whenever people refer to horrible dlc practices or anything in relevance automatically points to capcom haha thats soo true CAPCOM get it together free is the way to be follow tekkens lead and release your chess peices for free...so to speak
#69Lexmark1989Posted 11/15/2012 7:52:47 PM
Pezofpower posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Pezofpower posted...
Tails288 posted...
Pezofpower posted...

Then why are you here? Do you know why i'm not on the call of duty black ops 2 boards talking about that game or its DLC being on disk? Its because i'm not going to buy the game, i'm not saying you can't be hear far from it but you aren't even buying the game and yet your here. If you like conversation surely one of the other boards with games you actually want to play have people you can talk with.

Yes Day 1 DLC is bad but games also have deadlines like any project and you can't always keep pushing things back just to add things. You ever take business and you'll find out.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#70Hawker44Posted 11/15/2012 7:55:03 PM
dude_meister512 posted...
It's free brah.

Yet if being announced before the game is even out, that means they could have just, oh I don't know, put the DLC in the game itself, instead of making you download it, or more then likely, unlock it off the disc.

Not even 10 years ago, something like this would not have been accepted, now people have been trained to just shut up & take it. congrats.