DLC announced before the game is even out and people are praising it?

#71Fou LuPosted 11/15/2012 7:00:08 PM
If it's EA or Activision doing something like that, it's horrible, disgusting, and everyone rages. I've noticed people are starting to rage when Ubisoft does it as well.

If it's any other company announcing DLC (free or paid) before the game is released, it's awesome!
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#72indigna7ionPosted 11/15/2012 7:04:03 PM
I can't believe you guys let the trolls troll for 8 pages holy cow.
#73ArmedDragoonPosted 11/15/2012 7:06:36 PM
Hawker44 posted...
dude_meister512 posted...
It's free brah.

Yet if being announced before the game is even out, that means they could have just, oh I don't know, put the DLC in the game itself, instead of making you download it, or more then likely, unlock it off the disc.

Not even 10 years ago, something like this would not have been accepted, now people have been trained to just shut up & take it. congrats.

Or, as a human being with the rational part of their brain functioning properly would surmise, the content is not able to be finished in time and thus is being made downloadable later, therefore it is not on the disk, hence why it is being released early next year, several months after the game comes out.

I honestly can't tell which of you are trolling or just have absolutely no understanding about anything.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#74paperwariorPosted 11/15/2012 7:10:39 PM
It's a little off-topic, but can you obtain this for free before you own the game, and then be able to use it when you get it? I don't really want to pay $60 for this thing.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#75xKazeruxPosted 11/15/2012 7:14:34 PM
paperwarior posted...
It's a little off-topic, but can you obtain this for free before you own the game, and then be able to use it when you get it? I don't really want to pay $60 for this thing.

Yup, download the DLC from the store when it comes out, even if you don't own the game. It'll stay on your harddrive and you'll avoid having to pay for it when you finally do own the game.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
Playing: RE6, ACIII, DMC HD, MGS: PW, DR2: OTR, Borderlands 2, KoF XIII, LBP2, RE4, CV: HoD, Dark Souls, Warriors Orochi 2
#76tetrimPosted 11/15/2012 7:15:18 PM
Although I think its took early to start making DLC. I give them props since the roster is kinda weak to some ppls standards and its free for a short period of time. Besides its not everyday you get free dlc these days.
---
"Hands off the Panda"
#77IrokouPosted 11/15/2012 7:18:31 PM
Hawker44 posted...
It's free brah.

Yet if being announced before the game is even out, that means they could have just, oh I don't know, put the DLC in the game itself, instead of making you download it, or more then likely, unlock it off the disc.

Not even 10 years ago, something like this would not have been accepted, now people have been trained to just shut up & take it. congrats.

Man you are one daft brat.. They are still Working on these characters then when they are COMPLETE they will be FREE. What the heck is the problem!? Not to mention the game is out in 4 days and the dlc was announced.....today! Not months in advance. This does not imply that these characters are finished. Try talking sense into capcom or a group somewhat deserving of such negativity. This is pathetic. Obvious troll.
#78silgado106Posted 11/15/2012 7:20:57 PM
Given that 1) they said they started working on this DLC after the game went gold, 2) it won't be ready until next year, 3) you can download without owning the game, and 4) it's free, I truly don't understand how anyone could be complaining about this.

The fact we get to choose whether we want to add two new characters to our roster for free is pretty sweet. However, I doubt all future DLC will be free at release. So I don't think we should expect this to happen too often or ever.
#79Lexmark1989Posted 11/15/2012 7:30:10 PM
Hawker44 posted...
It's free brah.

None of that even makes sense, 10 year ago they would just make a new game and sell it to you at a new price like sf2 to ssf2 to ssf2turbo. Not only that but back then in books like gameinformer and gamefan it had developer interviews where they use to tell you the things they wanted in games that they could not add, some games back then even left some things on the cart and disc.

Being announced before the game is even out means nothing, if they are holding onto them without them being in the game then the must not be finished. Which is why they are still giving them away for free.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#80Lexmark1989Posted 11/15/2012 7:32:24 PM
tetrim posted...
Although I think its took early to start making DLC. I give them props since the roster is kinda weak to some ppls standards and its free for a short period of time. Besides its not everyday you get free dlc these days.

Not really as all companies start working on DLC sometimes even before the game goes gold. Making DLC also cost them money and its on a separate budget.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies