DLC announced before the game is even out and people are praising it?

#81TaizukuPosted 11/15/2012 8:33:01 PM
THIS TOPIC HAS GONE ON FAR ENOUGH! I BANISH YOU TO THE REALMS OF STHU!
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#82NewMoonShadowPosted 11/15/2012 8:34:08 PM
Hawker44 posted...
dude_meister512 posted...
It's free brah.

Yet if being announced before the game is even out, that means they could have just, oh I don't know, put the DLC in the game itself, instead of making you download it, or more then likely, unlock it off the disc.

Not even 10 years ago, something like this would not have been accepted, now people have been trained to just shut up & take it. congrats.

Actually PC Developers have been making add-ons to games for more than twenty years now. They just came in large "Expansion Packs" on discs rather than bite-sized chunks of "Download Content". It's only recently that consoles have been capable of this at all, so the mainstream non-PC gamer just became aware of the possibility of it.

Additionally, Capcom in particular spent much of the 90's releasing various versions of "Street Fighter II" with different balance tweaks and minor additions, including one version that included 4 new characters for a full-priced 50 bucks.

Anyone who says DLC practices are "new" has no idea what they're talking about, it's just changed the way things are done, not made developers suddenly start doing something they never did before.
#83MightymegaPosted 11/15/2012 8:38:35 PM(edited)
Hawker44 posted...
dude_meister512 posted...
It's free brah.

Not even 10 years ago, something like this would not have been accepted, now people have been trained to just shut up & take it. congrats.

Wrong 10 years ago this was accepted, PC games and Xbox games had on disc DLC, and like at that time most of it just wasn't finished but some of the data was on disc. Nobody is taking anything except the free DLC but I see people like you have been trained to just spout crap about something they don't know anything about.

@NewMoonShadow
LOL I should have just let you handle it. That guy isn't gonna come back anyway he's been made to look like a fool and I guess I wouldn't show my face either after this.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#84ConradimusPrimePosted 11/15/2012 8:40:25 PM
It's free and the game comes out in less than a week
Get over yourself
---
http://misternefarious.deviantart.com/
#85ss4parrothairPosted 11/15/2012 8:48:56 PM
Can someone please confirm for me how much his DLC will cost? Is it free or will it be like 5 bucks a pop?
---
Uhhh... My dog ate my signature...
Official Laharl and Cid Highwind of the PSASBR Board
#86YoungGganonPosted 11/15/2012 8:54:29 PM
DLC is great, you're just a cheap little whiner with nothing better to complain about. I bet you're an extreme liberal too. Not that their is anything wrong with that but it would just fit so perfectly.

Besides, two decent characters, unlike Nariko, for free is totally awesome. It isn't Day One DLC, it isn't disc locked content, and it's not $15. So get over it, they gave people more characters they couldn't put in in time for release.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#87NewMoonShadowPosted 11/15/2012 8:55:56 PM
ss4parrothair posted...
Can someone please confirm for me how much his DLC will cost? Is it free or will it be like 5 bucks a pop?

It will be free for the first two weeks of release, they haven't said how much it will be after that.