How is the gameplay? Brawl fans enjoying it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. How is the gameplay? Brawl fans enjoying it?

User Info: Lights0utLewis

Lights0utLewis
4 years ago#1
It's probably been asked hundreds of times but how alike is it? I am a huge brawl fan and am buying a ps3 solely due to this. I just wanted to know how it stacks up. I've seen hours of gameplay vids but would like to get your opinions on the gameplay gamefaqs.

User Info: EffectAndCause

EffectAndCause
4 years ago#2
This game is similar in concept only. The fighting system is totally different and, in my opinion, much more strategic.
http://i47.tinypic.com/wbdq12.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2usuzi9.gif

User Info: T_l_M_B_0

T_l_M_B_0
4 years ago#3
Gameplay is great. I've played hundreds of hours of Brawl and I think this is awesome.
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.

User Info: xPainisCupcakex

xPainisCupcakex
4 years ago#4
EffectAndCause posted...
This game is similar in concept only. The fighting system is totally different and, in my opinion, much more strategic.

Werd.

User Info: xKazerux

xKazerux
4 years ago#5
I played the hell out of Brawl, and really enjoyed the beta for this game when it came out. It's definitely a day one buy for me. It won't disappoint you.
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
Playing: RE6, ACIII, DMC HD, MGS: PW, Borderlands 2, LBP2, RE4, CV: HoD, Dark Souls, Warriors Orochi 2, LoL, PSASBR (soon)

User Info: BombermanFanatic

BombermanFanatic
4 years ago#6
Great gameplay. I'm a huge Brawl fan. put at least 400 -500 hours into it. Loving this game.
I enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog.
# Of other people who have: 65,including taoxadasa

User Info: EtroAnime

EtroAnime
4 years ago#7
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Gameplay is great. I've played hundreds of hours of Brawl and I think this is awesome.
Waiting for: PlayStation All-Stars & Ni no Kuni
PSN ID: Rammel29

User Info: taoxadasa

taoxadasa
4 years ago#8
The gameplay is amazing but if you get it expecting it to play like Smash Bros you are going to be disappointed.

It plays completely different, but in a good way. It is extremely fun once you learn how to play it.

User Info: blaze19_0X

blaze19_0X
4 years ago#9
This game is one reason I bought the PS3 as well. I come from a competitive Brawl background.

In some ways the gameplay is worse than brawl, in other ways it's better.

Cons

-Less fluid
-no fast falling, slower movement speeds
-no sweetspots or meaties as far as I know

Pros

-no tripping
-more true combo potential
-much more balanced
-Much better online

I can go into more detail if you want.

But yes, if you like Brawl, you should love this game. It's different enough to feel like a different game but also shares many similar mechanics. If you're a fan of the platform fighter genre you can't go wrong here.
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

User Info: Lights0utLewis

Lights0utLewis
4 years ago#10
Thanks for the responses! Also, how is the combo system? It's what I'm most intrigued about.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. How is the gameplay? Brawl fans enjoying it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived