How is the gameplay? Brawl fans enjoying it?

#11BombermanFanaticPosted 11/16/2012 5:07:24 PM
Lights0utLewis posted...
Thanks for the responses! Also, how is the combo system? It's what I'm most intrigued about.

Combos aren't too tough, but they require thought. You need to be creative and understand what all you moves do, and where they put your opponent to string them together in a true combo.
---
I enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog.
# Of other people who have: 65,including taoxadasa
#12blaze19_0XPosted 11/16/2012 5:07:53 PM
Lights0utLewis posted...
Thanks for the responses! Also, how is the combo system? It's what I'm most intrigued about.

The combo system is similar to traditional fighting games like Street Fighter or Tekken.

You do a move, then depending on the spacing, when and where it hit, you can followup with a number of different moves with the right timing and from there, you also have options and so forth. Walls extend your combo potential among other things. Also the game actually tells you in training if the sequence was a true combo or not much like Street Fighter.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#13TheNardDogPosted 11/16/2012 5:10:21 PM(edited)
Brawl fans will give this game a chance and actually have an opinion. Such as myself. I enjoy the game for one.

Brawl fanboys and Nintenyearolds will not give it a try but bash it constantly.
---
THAT'S MY PURSE!
I DON'T KNOW YOU!
#14blaze19_0XPosted 11/16/2012 5:14:49 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention the juggle system is like Brawl. You can keep them in the air for quite some time if you can keep reading how they will try to land (especially by punishing air dodges).
---
#15EtroAnimePosted 11/16/2012 5:20:09 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Oh and I forgot to mention the juggle system is like Brawl. You can keep them in the air for quite some time if you can keep reading how they will try to land (especially by punishing air dodges).

Yup I love doing this with Sweet Tooth since he isn't a character who will combo you the ground but you can sweet air and wall juggles with him.

Also I don't know if you saw this video but you can see some nice combos with Raiden and Nariko, mute the video if you can't stand the background music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4lrFk0gSC0
---
Waiting for: PlayStation All-Stars & Ni no Kuni
PSN ID: Rammel29
#16TheNardDogPosted 11/16/2012 5:23:44 PM
Long range attacks that aren't ones that remain on ground (Sweet Tooth's cocktails or mines) like Radec's Sniper, things like that, tend to have a big knock back, when Brawl's long range usually don't do much besides slowly add damage.
---
THAT'S MY PURSE!
I DON'T KNOW YOU!
#17Trigger_MonkeyPosted 11/16/2012 5:24:47 PM
EffectAndCause posted...
This game is similar in concept only. The fighting system is totally different and, in my opinion, much more strategic.

---
This signature will not be changed until a Deadpool movie is released.
#18marceloxlrPosted 11/16/2012 6:08:26 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Lights0utLewis posted...

The combo system is similar to traditional fighting games like Street Fighter or Tekken.

You do a move, then depending on the spacing, when and where it hit, you can followup with a number of different moves with the right timing and from there, you also have options and so forth. Walls extend your combo potential among other things. Also the game actually tells you in training if the sequence was a true combo or not much like Street Fighter.

Oh GOD, i`m terrible with the street Fighter/tekken...guess i`ll get owned online T-T
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Axel
#19blaze19_0XPosted 11/16/2012 6:10:45 PM
marceloxlr posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Lights0utLewis posted...

Oh GOD, i`m terrible with the street Fighter/tekken...guess i`ll get owned online T-T

Well from a technical perspective the combos we've discovered so far seem much easier to pull off than usual stuff in SF and Tekken. Less strict timings, simple button presses etc.
---
#20heartlesshero17Posted 11/16/2012 6:11:43 PM
I enjoyed the Beta. I like Brawl more. But that doesn't mean this isn't fun either
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception