Seth's response on some of the DLC reaction.

#1EtroAnimePosted 11/16/2012 7:27:44 PM
Just saw this post thought I would share these:

+ alkalinetrio1240 on November 15th, 2012 at 2:06 pm said:
New characters is always a good thing. My one concern though, is I dont want to see this game simply being used as a marketing tool for characters of new and upcoming games. That is not the way to go about it.

+ Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:29 pm said:
? Starhawk and Gravity Rush have both been out for quite a while, and are far from upcoming. Definitely not ďmarketing tools,Ē but the bottom line is a fun character is a fun character. Iím always surprised in fighters to discover that my favorite characters to play are often not my favorite characters as characters (in terms of their background, story, previous games, etc.). Kat and Emmett are both very unique in terms of playstyle, and thatís what really counts for me at least.

+ OneMoreVillain on November 15th, 2012 at 5:36 pm said:
So in 7 days you guys created 2 characters complete with cinematics and all the works of the other characters?
You obviously had these pre-made, removed them and are calling them DLC. What about the comments? Praising you for screwing them, oh wait, screwing anyone who does not fall for your buy before they release sales tactics.

+ Seth Killian on November 16th, 2012 at 1:44 pm said:
Not sure where to start on this, but no, we didnít create 2 characters in 7 days. In fact they are still not created :) Thatís why the only images we have to show in this announcement are existing (old) images from their original games. The team has shifted focus to be full-force on these guys now that the launch game has gone gold, so development will happen faster than with the other characters (team has more experience making All-Stars characters, and are only focused on this, rather than on every other aspect of the game as well), but itís going to be a while before theyíre ready.
Also I know everyone likes to imagine an evil corporate scheme even when theyíre getting something for free, but making something, then removing it from a game, then adding it back later as DLC (but for free) just isnít a very good evil plan. If we presented that in the Board Room of Ultimate Evil, I think they would kick us out for fail :)

What do you guys think?
---
Waiting for: PlayStation All-Stars & Ni no Kuni
PSN ID: Rammel29
#2IcyFlamez96Posted 11/16/2012 7:30:56 PM
Seth should get sacked because free DLC
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
# of times krat0s didn't appropriately update my K count: 20+ :'[
#3Shadow2790xPosted 11/16/2012 7:31:55 PM(edited)
What do I think? I think that OneMoreVillain guy is a douchebag.
Kudos to Seth for handling it professionally.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#4SnovvbubPosted 11/16/2012 7:31:15 PM
FOR FREE!!!!!!
*thunder*
---
PSN: snovvbub
LittleBigChaos Mechromancer
#5DarknessXSeekerPosted 11/16/2012 7:32:38 PM
I think OneMoreVillain is a real a**.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#6GarlikBakeryPosted 11/16/2012 7:33:04 PM
This confirms that the Board Room of Ultimate Evil exists... but I bet Capcom is the Chairman.

But, I believe what Seth says is true.
---
It's tough looking this good.
Currently working towards a Major in Game Development.
#7Final_TranPosted 11/16/2012 7:34:27 PM
Go Seth Go!
---
Generic Gamefaqs Sig
#8fisheye11Posted 11/16/2012 7:35:08 PM
i think people should just get off the whole "it was made before the game was released" thing. a complete game is releasing. someone talks about DLC and everyone thinks they got scammed. if you don't like DLC then don't buy it. and if you don't like a game having DLC, then don't buy the game.

not only that but this DLC is FREE.

spend or don't your money. it makes no difference to me. i'll continue to buy games that i want. with or without DLC.(on disc or not)
---
When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.
#9tscooktPosted 11/16/2012 7:35:18 PM
Shadow2790x posted...
What do I think? I think that OneMoreVillain guy is a d*****bag.

---
PSN: timscook
#10Tails288Posted 11/16/2012 7:36:04 PM
Shadow2790x posted...
What do I think? I think that OneMoreVillain guy is a douchebag.

He was just upset because he wanted the DLC to be....

One more villain.
---
Reviving PATRATS. Members: 4
Official Emboar of the B/W Boards!