Impressions from Shoryuken (*final boss spoilers*)

#21TheExiled280Posted 11/16/2012 10:23:26 PM
The game has versus mode right? Player VS CPU
---
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV), BlazBlue CSE(PSV)
#22TheExiled280Posted 11/16/2012 10:24:28 PM
DarkFists posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
DarkFists posted...
Aputi posted...
Honestly the game sounds very basic. The meat of the entire game will be online and everything else is just there just not make the game so bare bones.

Sounds about right for most fighters not named Blazblue (or in turn, Persona 4 Arena), especially for the first game. For this type of game, a solid multiplayer is key to make it last for a while.

Pretty much every fighter minus Smash and the ones you mentioned doesn't have much going for single player. It's usually just Arcade, VS, training and trials. And sometimes not even trials.

Plus he's understating how many unlockables there are, ranks etc.

And even by Melee standards it's not that bad. It only pales in comparison to Brawl's variety of modes.

It's clear from some of the complaints that countless people here might be Smash fans, but not traditional fighting game fans or they'd realize this stuff is pretty standard usually.

Take the final boss complaints for instance.

Do you guys realize in most traditional fighters the final boss is nothing but an overpowered version of a playable character? This is still better than that. Or would you have preferred an OP Kratos as the final boss (exact same moveset just nets more AP)?

My point exactly. This is prett standard for fighting games in general, and it actually goes above most, aside from the ones mentioned.

I was actually laughed at by someone on another form for even thinking that this had as much, if not more content than Melee, so 'll just compare it to actual fighters then :P

I'd say it has a decent amount based on what we have seen. Way more than any Capcom fighter in the last few years
---
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV), BlazBlue CSE(PSV)
#23blaze19_0XPosted 11/16/2012 10:31:51 PM(edited)
babiesinoup posted...
Sauce: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-announced.159381/page-23

Thanks!

Taken from the same guy:

I did the final general trial (which is to do a full taunt three times during a match) on the hardest difficulty and I had to do it with Radec on the Dojo stage against Sweet Tooth, PaRappa and Spike. I couldn't keep those guys off me. Radec was a treated like a ping pong ball because none of his close range attacks were anywhere near as good as the other three. It was a struggle trying to land a hit

LOL. Sounds like a fun challenging trial. I guess the trick is find a way to first hit them consistantly, than when you can hit them all away at once to do a taunt, rinse and repeat.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#24blaze19_0XPosted 11/16/2012 10:25:47 PM
TheExiled280 posted...

Yes.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#25DarkFistsPosted 11/16/2012 10:27:28 PM
TheExiled280 posted...

I'd say it has a decent amount based on what we have seen. Way more than any Capcom fighter in the last few years

That it does, heck, it has way more than Skullgirls at least :P
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#26TheExiled280Posted 11/16/2012 10:29:58 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

Yes.

Then I'm set for SP content. All that other stuff is a bonus. I literally spent hundreds of hours in Quick Battle on Dissidia and that game has a plethora of legit SP content
---
#27EtroAnimePosted 11/16/2012 10:51:57 PM
I am totally okay with everything that was mentioned in that post but the Polygon Man fight doesn't sound too bad, maybe I just need to see it in action.
---
Waiting for: PlayStation All-Stars & Ni no Kuni
PSN ID: Rammel29
#28gamermets11Posted 11/16/2012 11:08:24 PM
When I see people complaining about the story, how you fight Polygon Man, or saying things like how this game sounds very basic outside of there just being an online. All I can do is look the other way. There's nothing you can say to these people who have clearly never played any fighting game other than Smash. Which is a shame considering how much I love fighting games in general, but I guess I understand how they might be intimidating to people. So I do find it funny how much people seem to lack in knowledge when it comes to figthing games on here in general

This game has more content than almost every fighter out there from what we have seen, the arcade mode/boss fight is pretty standard and also seems to be far more imaginative and unique than almost any other fighter out there since like already mentioned, the final boss is usually just a super powered version of an in game fighter. There are literally hundreds of things to do offline between the modes and trials, yet this is basic?

Some of these trials though sound like so much fun. After hearing about that Radec one I can't wait to play through them. I might be even more excited for them than I am for 1 vs 1 now
#29IrokouPosted 11/16/2012 11:16:59 PM
gamermets11 posted...
When I see people complaining about the story, how you fight Polygon Man, or saying things like how this game sounds very basic outside of there just being an online. All I can do is look the other way. There's nothing you can say to these people who have clearly never played any fighting game other than Smash. Which is a shame considering how much I love fighting games in general, but I guess I understand how they might be intimidating to people. So I do find it funny how much people seem to lack in knowledge when it comes to figthing games on here in general

This game has more content than almost every fighter out there from what we have seen, the arcade mode/boss fight is pretty standard and also seems to be far more imaginative and unique than almost any other fighter out there since like already mentioned, the final boss is usually just a super powered version of an in game fighter. There are literally hundreds of things to do offline between the modes and trials, yet this is basic?

Some of these trials though sound like so much fun. After hearing about that Radec one I can't wait to play through them. I might be even more excited for them than I am for 1 vs 1 now

Well hey some people complain for the sake of complaining. In the end it just shows how little they know about what they are criticising.
#30rumbalumbaPosted 11/16/2012 11:20:05 PM
just because every other fighter out there has little content, doesn't mean this game should follow that path as well. shouldn't this game (or any other game) strive to break through that standard?

so far, this is a bare-boned game. minions don't do a thing, belts are useless, intros/outros aren't a big deal, and the game modes are as basic as any other fighting game modes out there.