Just got the game... taking questions (SPOILERS)

#101Vanitas_RemnantPosted 11/18/2012 6:56:34 AM
The New Blueguy posted...
In addition to profile and character stuff, there are also goals. These are a checklist of things to complete across the game.

There are:

9 Session goals: Daily goals for match-made online games.

35 Career goals: Goals for the entire game.

78 Tournament Goals for match-made online games in Tournament Mode.

80 Goals for Ranked Match sessions.

127 Arcade Mode Goals

84 Combat Trials goals

19 Versus mode goals

Whoa, didn't know about this stuff
i will complete all the goals!! >:D
---
I feel a draft on my butt
#102The New Blueguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 6:57:25 AM
SionHiryu7 posted...
Is the rival or boss stage unlockable?

There are no unlockable stages or characters. Sorry, man.
---
PSN ID: AnarchyDagger23
#103SionHiryu7Posted 11/18/2012 7:00:01 AM
SionHiryu7 posted...
Is the rival or boss stage unlockable?

There are no unlockable stages or characters. Sorry, man.

ahh well, ill just have to take my one on one ass kicking to the dojo!
---
PSN- Skyrocx7
Cloud haters need to blow there brains out....that is all
#104The New Blueguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:05:18 AM
Objection102 posted...
In addition to profile and character stuff, there are also goals. These are a checklist of things to complete across the game.

There are:

127 Arcade Mode Goals

84 Combat Trials goals

19 Versus mode goals

Are there any rewards for completing these goals, or is it more of a "completing it is an award in and of itself" type of thing?

Well some of these goals tie into ranks, belts, etc. So in completing these you`ll be unlocking those other things I mentioned but speicifically these are game-wide goals that have some crossover in unlocking stuff. Just from my personal opinion though, I wish a lot of the unlocking went into more characters and stages. Icons and Nameplates are cool and all but for someone like me who rarely plays online (unless some of you guys scout my PSN tag and my connection is solid that day), I`m disappointed a little considering DLC is almost guaranteed if not announced already.
---
#105Objection102Posted 11/18/2012 7:07:48 AM
Objection102 posted...

There are:

127 Arcade Mode Goals

84 Combat Trials goals

19 Versus mode goals

Are there any rewards for completing these goals, or is it more of a "completing it is an award in and of itself" type of thing?

Well some of these goals tie into ranks, belts, etc. So in completing these you`ll be unlocking those other things I mentioned but speicifically these are game-wide goals that have some crossover in unlocking stuff. Just from my personal opinion though, I wish a lot of the unlocking went into more characters and stages. Icons and Nameplates are cool and all but for someone like me who rarely plays online (unless some of you guys scout my PSN tag and my connection is solid that day), I`m disappointed a little considering DLC is almost guaranteed if not announced already.

The reason for no unlockable characters/stages is because SB wanted everyone to be able to play with/on all of them from the get-go, like how the majority of fighters work nowadays. And yeah, DLC is already announced with two additional characters.
---
PSN: KJman456
http://psntl.com/cards/KJman456.png
#106The New Blueguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 7:23:06 AM
I see what you mean. I just come from the old school fighters where you'd be all happy because you cleared the game and then... new challenger! I understand times changes so I hope the DLC is worth it. I can say though that while I consider my main's to be Raiden or Nariko, I'm intrigued by the unconventional characters like Sackboy and Princess. I have a feeling these two characters, along with Big Daddy's slow but powerful style could be great if I could learn how to use them. I kind of feel about them how I used to feel about Dhalsim on SF2 back in the day. I remember thinking he was crap and then I saw a dude rape everyone in the arcade for a good hour with Dhalsim. I feel like Sackboy and Princess could be that for this game.
---
#107Objection102Posted 11/18/2012 7:26:33 AM
I see what you mean. I just come from the old school fighters where you'd be all happy because you cleared the game and then... new challenger! I understand times changes so I hope the DLC is worth it. I can say though that while I consider my main's to be Raiden or Nariko, I'm intrigued by the unconventional characters like Sackboy and Princess. I have a feeling these two characters, along with Big Daddy's slow but powerful style could be great if I could learn how to use them. I kind of feel about them how I used to feel about Dhalsim on SF2 back in the day. I remember thinking he was crap and then I saw a dude rape everyone in the arcade for a good hour with Dhalsim. I feel like Sackboy and Princess could be that for this game.

The characters who don't look like they can fight well are always beast when you can use them effectively. And it's always fun to see the opponents so baffled if you do wind up beating them with those obscure characters :P
---
PSN: KJman456
http://psntl.com/cards/KJman456.png
#108Vanitas_RemnantPosted 11/18/2012 7:59:19 AM
Objection102 posted...

The characters who don't look like they can fight well are always beast when you can use them effectively. And it's always fun to see the opponents so baffled if you do wind up beating them with those obscure characters :P

From what I've seen, any character is able to dominate a match depending on the player
---
I feel a draft on my butt
#109SionHiryu7Posted 11/18/2012 8:01:44 AM
Vanitas_Remnant posted...
Objection102 posted...

From what I've seen, any character is able to dominate a match depending on the player

^ this....in smash im a great Marth player who is suppose to excel in one on one Combat, but theres this one particular wolf player i cant beat for my life smh....its all about the player
---
PSN- Skyrocx7
Cloud haters need to blow there brains out....that is all
#110zxelmanPosted 11/18/2012 8:48:16 AM
It's really nice that they give us a lot to do, but I guess not much of that content really has any real incentive to get, though I'm still curious about the specifics of belts.

I was just going to play the game for fun anyways. Unlocks will have to act as goals if I want to do something.
---
Official Toro of PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Board
Steam & PSN: Xelorx