Just got the game... taking questions (SPOILERS)

#71EtroAnimePosted 11/17/2012 12:38:42 PM
Thanks for your replies TC, I appreciate it. Also, can you please list the difficulty levels.
---
Waiting for: PlayStation All-Stars & Ni no Kuni
PSN ID: Rammel29
#72The New Blueguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 12:39:29 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
Ok, so does the cross buy come inside the game case?

When you first put the disc in without starting the game there are 3 options. There's the game icon to start it, there's something called disc benefits (which I got a message saying the disc benefits were not available now), and install the digital game manual. I believe the cross buy is in the disc benefits, which probably won't go live until Tuesday proper.
---
PSN ID: AnarchyDagger23
#73RainbowsaurusPosted 11/17/2012 12:40:22 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
I remember what I wanted to ask!

Can you take screenshots? It's usually under the Photos on the XMB if you can. Or maybe there's some way to in-game.

---
When I say boom, boom, boom you say bam, bam, bam! No pause in between come on, let's jam!
PSN:Rain_Bow_saurus
#74The New Blueguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 12:44:28 PM
Etroanime posted...
Thanks for your replies TC, I appreciate it. Also, can you please list the difficulty levels.

Easy
Hero
Legend
All-Star
---
#75sworderPosted 11/17/2012 12:45:57 PM
The New Blueguy posted...
Raiden vs. Dante

Regular combat attacks: Raiden
Supers: Dante

Overall: Raiden

He just puts so much more damage out based on his speed in his attacks compared to Dante, who relies more on the range of his flashy gun attacks to keep you away. I'll say Dante's Supers are better overall though.

Thanks for answering =D
#76blaze19_0XPosted 11/17/2012 12:52:26 PM(edited)
The New Blueguy posted...
Correction on Combat Trials:

Each character has 23 specific character trials. I was mistakenly reading the goals count under customization.

So to clarify 23 trials PER CHARACTER. 84 Goals under customization. I believe that means 84 customization options to unlock in all.

Okay so we get 10 general trials. And 23 specific trials for each character.

Neat.

Those should last a while.

ATT: Dabuz

I'm fairly certain there's no 1 vs 1 ranked. Omar on stream said the ranked modes are 2 vs 2 and FFA. I'm sure if there was 1 vs 1 ranked he would have mentioned it. On the bright side....we get 2 free DLC characters.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#77blaze19_0XPosted 11/17/2012 12:59:37 PM
Another few questions if you don't mind.

What are the training options like?

On the back of the game cover it says custom music. Does that mean you can play music from the XMB while in game? People have been assuming that's what it means but it'd be nice to get a confirmation.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#78The New Blueguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:16:09 PM
Just beat Raiden's story on Normal. Only one real cutscene, which was when I faced off with Cole one on one, they were contemplating which was the good side, typical heroes misunderstanding. If you want a story, it's not here folks. Not bad, just VERY basic. Character cuts monologue to start, you fight a series of fights, fight Polygon Man (digitized clones of the roster he sends at you in waves, and then you fight his head in between each wave until he dies. Still haven't unlocked even a quarter of Raiden's stuff though. I was just kind of going through story to check it out and used to the controls, next thing I know... done. But again this was on normal.
---
#79The New Blueguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:21:39 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Another few questions if you don't mind.

What are the training options like?

On the back of the game cover it says custom music. Does that mean you can play music from the XMB while in game? People have been assuming that's what it means but it'd be nice to get a confirmation.

The training options are standard empty arena just practice your own moves kind of thing, with options to add players either human or CPU. Also there are options to control what CPU does (jumping, blocking, crouching, normal fighting, etc.). Pick the stage, turn level hazzards and items on and off, etc. If you can play custom music or take screens via XMB, I see no way to do either. I tried to go to both the picture and music sections of the XMB and it tells me I have to quit the game to use them.
---
#80The New Blueguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:25:13 PM
Alright, I'm off to play some Hitman now so I'll answer more questions later.
---