What character are you most SURPRISED isn't on the roster?

#51diebuster2Posted 11/17/2012 3:46:56 PM
Snovvbub posted...
Santaeid posted...
I am most surprised no Ubisoft like Ezio or Connor because I thought Sony and Ubi had a thing going due to the last few AC games coming with extra missions and the whole AC3 bundle, and the liberation bundle, and the Ezio Trilogy.

Why the hell can't people understand that Assassin's Creed is not a PS exclusive, nor did it start with Playstation?

Did the title of this game just fly right over your head?

Agreed. And a better ubisoft rep would be none other than Rayman.
---
Dreams are like rainbows; only idiots catch them.
Playing: Borderlands 2, ToGraces F.
#52SnovvbubPosted 11/17/2012 3:48:28 PM
LTJpunk posted...
Snovvbub posted...
Santaeid posted...
I am most surprised no Ubisoft like Ezio or Connor because I thought Sony and Ubi had a thing going due to the last few AC games coming with extra missions and the whole AC3 bundle, and the liberation bundle, and the Ezio Trilogy.

Why the hell can't people understand that Assassin's Creed is not a PS exclusive, nor did it start with Playstation?

Bioshock.

Bioshock started on PS. AC started cross-platform.
Your point is?
---
PSN: snovvbub
LittleBigChaos Mechromancer
#53LTJpunk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 3:50:19 PM
Snovvbub posted...
LTJpunk posted...
Snovvbub posted...
Santaeid posted...

Bioshock.

Bioshock started on PS. AC started cross-platform.
Your point is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock

PC and X-Box 360 Release: August 21, 2007
Playstation 3 Release: October 21, 2008

Be a smarter person.
---
Feed Davey Richards to the Ryback!
#54IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/17/2012 3:56:14 PM
NightMareBunny posted...
sandman9900 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
Crash Bandicoot...Seriously the license to the character isn't being used at all...and he was playstation's mascot from the beginning

it's almost a crime to have a game called playstation all stars without him third party or not Crash Bandicoot was Sony's Mario

I came here to say Crash, he was the original playstation mascot.

he was even in pizza hut commercials for awhile....don't recall dante kratos or nathan drake advertising for something like that

Subway doesn't count? Or 7-11?
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#55SuplexKirbyPosted 11/17/2012 4:02:13 PM
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro The Dragon
Resistance
AC rep
Snake
Cloud
#56Frozen-ShadowPosted 11/17/2012 4:08:40 PM
Not one jrpg character.
---
*insert random pseudo-intellectual/quasi-humorous/narcissistic sig here*
#57LTJpunk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 4:09:30 PM
Frozen-Shadow posted...
Not one jrpg character.

Good. The video game industry has left JRPG's behind, and with good reason.
---
Feed Davey Richards to the Ryback!
#58SnovvbubPosted 11/17/2012 4:12:40 PM
LTJpunk posted...
Frozen-Shadow posted...
Not one jrpg character.

Still a part of history.

You can't simply leave out parts of history you don't like. To this day, people are trying to do that to the Holocaust. But it has it's grounded place in reality.

I'm terribly sorry if you are one of these people, it would benefit you to seek help.
---
PSN: snovvbub
LittleBigChaos Mechromancer
#59IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/17/2012 4:14:00 PM
Also, I'm not really surprised at any character not being in it.

Any IP I can think of either falls under third party jurisdiction, or doesn't have a big enough following, or is from a dead franchise that whatever company owns them has moved on from.

Resistance wasn't a huge franchise, even though they tried. Insomniac appears to have moved on from it, as well.

Lara, Cloud, Lightning, Sora, Crash, Spyro, and any number of other characters are all operating under someone else's roof.

I'm glad that a lot of under represented franchises have at least SOME representation, from Mark of Kri having a weapon, to a Resistance stage. But really, nothing SURPRISES me for having been "left out" as I can easily see why for any of the series I can think of.

DLC will probably make a lot of these franchises a viable possibility, as I'm sure a few companies want to see sales figures before jumping into the brand.

Third parties are probably leery about how well a game like this will sell, as fighters aren't really high grossing titles (SFIV only sold something like 2.5 million copies, and it heralded the resurgence of fighting games) and having their AAA characters in a low-selling game may shy away companies holding them. The fact that it is also technically competing with one of Nintendo's biggest franchises probably also has something to do with it.

And maybe a company like Square-Enix, or Activision, or Ubisoft, or whomever, wanted more control in the creative/development process. Maybe they have strict company policies about third party companies working on their IPs? We probably will never know why. But it is clear that there are plenty of reasons.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#60diebuster2Posted 11/17/2012 4:15:15 PM
Snovvbub posted...
LTJpunk posted...
Frozen-Shadow posted...
Not one jrpg character.

Still a part of history.

You can't simply leave out parts of history you don't like. To this day, people are trying to do that to the Holocaust. But it has it's grounded place in reality.

I'm terribly sorry if you are one of these people, it would benefit you to seek help.

This.
---
Dreams are like rainbows; only idiots catch them.
Playing: Borderlands 2, ToGraces F.