PSASBR has a story mode and a rivalry system

#51ManuKesnaPosted 11/18/2012 12:31:04 PM
Irokou posted...
Superbot broke lumi's heart. He has now become a vindictive individual who only seeks to exhibit his deep-seeded hatred. He now has an unwarranted disdain for the developers of a game he once appeared to be overjoyed for. Malice and negativity are what comprise his posts.

In short he is a troll.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64111714

LOL poor tc is sore
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#52xKazeruxPosted 11/18/2012 1:24:13 PM
The arcade mode and rivalry system just reminds me of Soul Calibur 2 with the destined battles and all. So I'm okay with it. Yeah, interaction on the level of Brawl's SSE would've been nice at least (or a story on the level of Mortal Kombat 9 would be a dream come true), but it's nothing to cry over, and it's nice that they focused on getting the gameplay down. Maybe in a potential sequel they can bring in a real story mode now that they don't have to build the entire engine and gameplay and all.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
Playing: RE6, ACIII, DMC HD, MGS: PW, Borderlands 2, LBP2, RE4, CV: HoD, Dark Souls, Warriors Orochi 2, LoL, PSASBR (soon)
#53vaderkid123Posted 11/18/2012 1:30:04 PM
zxelman posted...
Why should we care about stories in fighting games again?

Legitimately curious.

Persona 4 Arena would like to have a word with you.
---
There was a sig here.
Now it's gone.
#54NewMoonShadowPosted 11/18/2012 2:11:15 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
Plus trials, challenges, outfits, palette swaps, taunts, intros, outros...

Awesome content. Palette swaps, taunts, intros and outros? Minor stuff that doesn't affect the gameplay? Count me in. Trials and challenges - we haven't heard anything about those so far. I'm hoping for something like MK9.

1: They're not "Pallet Swaps", they're actual new character models with new designs.

2: These are the kinds of things that SHOULD be unlockable. Unlockables are supposed to be BONUS FEATURES, not random pieces of the main game they decided to make you work for to pad out the game's playtime.
#55TaizukuPosted 11/18/2012 2:12:37 PM
Stop responding to the trolls...
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#56judgementaeonPosted 11/18/2012 2:14:12 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
Plus trials, challenges, outfits, palette swaps, taunts, intros, outros...

Awesome content. Palette swaps, taunts, intros and outros? Minor stuff that doesn't affect the gameplay? Count me in. Trials and challenges - we haven't heard anything about those so far. I'm hoping for something like MK9.

1: They're not "Pallet Swaps", they're actual new character models with new designs.

2: These are the kinds of things that SHOULD be unlockable. Unlockables are supposed to be BONUS FEATURES, not random pieces of the main game they decided to make you work for to pad out the game's playtime.

Exactly! Lumi, I hope you know your getting beat. BAD.
---
KOF XIV needs to be made already!!! >:o
#57JunDagekiPosted 11/18/2012 3:01:54 PM
Ok. And you're hoping for fan service?

shouldn't that be the obvious expectation?.....
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#58Pieman0920Posted 11/18/2012 3:19:01 PM
Like I said in another topic, the story was never going to be that good (or at least isn't something that should be focused on) given that the characters have no history with each other, and there's nothing that they can do that would have any lasting impacts. Its just how it is for crossover games.

What's disappointing about the "story" mode or arcade mode or whatever you want to call it is that its so bare bones. Its just a bunch of regular matches with one rival battle near the end and then a final boss that is just more of the same as before. That's how most fighting games have to basically do this sort of thing, since they are confined by their engines, but seeing as this is a platform fighter styled after Smash, there's a lot of different types of fights they could have brought in. Even Smash 64 was better than this really.
---
(9^_^)--------0(x_X^)
Official ungrateful jerk of GameFAQs.
#59NDgamer1122Posted 11/18/2012 3:26:22 PM

Minor stuff that doesn't affect the gameplay, huh? Sure, we do get content like that. Are you saying having a good story in this game will just make you **** your pants in such an excitement that you'll just have no choice to play?

Yeah no. A good narrative might draw you in to a game, but if the gameplay SuperBot so laboriously worked on doesn't work, then you'll quickly drop it.