What is the reason for there being NO RPG characters?

#101bobafett56Posted 11/17/2012 11:33:23 PM
Honestly, the awnser is probably one word.

DLC.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Black Ops 2
Waiting for: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Metal Gear Sold Rising Revengeance Steam: Cloudfett56
#102Chzrm3Posted 11/17/2012 11:51:26 PM
rumbalumba posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
started out as ps exclusive but kh is currently multiplatform so i was right

and you know it took you a while to think of another "well known" playstation rpg. and you said monster hunter which is multiplatform.

but again, platformers have better characters, setting, and plotlines than most rpgs.
and over the long run a lot more people are gonna remember J&D than that one sorta bad guy from FF XIVVIXXV

no you weren't right. KH became popular in Playstation. therefore, it being multiplatform came after it became popular, not the other way around.

wow, so being away from your pc equates to you "thinking of a reply the whole time" pwahaahahha. monster hunter started out in PS, and as i said Monster Hunter for the PSP. Monster Hunter also became very popular in the PSP first, before moving on to the 3DS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter

see that? largely a Playstation game. and the PSP games have sold the MOST, and are the most popular, so it being a multiplatform was a product of it being popular in a Playstation system. so again, you are dead wrong.

lol that bad guy. had to pick the bad guy rather than Cloud, i see. sorry, but more people know Cloud than Jak/Daxter. fact. and that's only one character from the franchise of 20+ games.

lol better characters, settings, plotlines? ROFL. go play some RPGs first then come back here.

Breath of Fire 4, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 9, Suikoden I+II, Legend Of the Dragoon, Front Mission Evolved, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Crisis Core, Alundra, Arc the Lad, Persona, etc. etc. characters, plot, setting > Jak and Daxter, Ratchet, Sly characters, plot, setting

besides, what are some of the other platformers out there anyway? Klonoa and Tomba....great games but obscure as well. so really, you got 3 major franchises plus some obscure games vs. a ton of major franchises and a ton of obscure games.

tell me again how the platformer genre has dominated the PS1, PS2, and PSP? lol.

Why are you still talking about Cloud? Obviously they would've gotten him if they could've, but they couldn't get the rights. Give it up, dude.

Also, Monster Hunter is owned by Capcom, who they got Dante from. There's also an exclusive Monster Hunter being released on the Wii U, so Capcom wouldn't have wanted to give them a Monster Hunter Rep anyway.

The only RPG you named on that list that isn't either owned by a third party or completely irrelevant is Persona. I agree that a Persona rep would've been awesome, but what are you gonna do?

Cry for months, I guess. XD
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#103MidgardDragon99Posted 11/18/2012 1:56:28 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
What's an RPG?

Oh you mean the rocket launcher? Drake's RPG is in the game, don't worry.

RPG means rocket launcher to morons, role playing game to those who have a brain.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#104Rellik NomedPosted 11/18/2012 4:18:39 AM
I just entered this topic and only read the first ten posts. But I can bet somewhere in this topic someone has or will bring up how Zelda is an RPG. It's like the Godwin's Law of what defines an RPG.
---
PSN: appleforce
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#105Vanitas_RemnantPosted 11/18/2012 4:20:57 AM
SSBM Pichu posted...
None of the IP holders agreed to it?

I dont think it can be explained any further than this :/
---
I feel a draft on my butt
#106MrTacoPosted 11/18/2012 4:27:05 AM(edited)
SSBM Pichu posted...
None of the IP holders agreed to it?

If I were a betting man, I'd say this is the case. I'd think guys like Square Enix and Team Ico as well are hesitant to add their "artistic" characters to a game such as this one. I'm sure SuperBot tried.. but maybe they just said no.
#107oAFXoPosted 11/18/2012 4:34:03 AM
Rellik Nomed posted...
I just entered this topic and only read the first ten posts. But I can bet somewhere in this topic someone has or will bring up how Zelda is an RPG. It's like the Godwin's Law of what defines an RPG.

No, this time it was inFAMOUS.
#108Nath1343Posted 11/18/2012 4:49:59 AM
Let's be honest, everyone's going to be biased towards their preferred genre and what they grew up playing with so there really is no answer to what genre is better than what.

But that aside, RPG's do happen to be my favourite and although I'm disappointed they aren't represented, I'm sure guys like Dart and Cloud are hopefuls for DLC :)
---
PSN: nath1343
Isaac, Shulk, Toad and Pac-Man for Super Smash Bros 4!
#109ChronuxPosted 11/21/2012 8:21:43 AM
What I gathered from this topic.. Squirrel Boy, Conrad and 8f9g43k8ku7335p are such stupid moronic trolls.