What is the reason for there being NO RPG characters?

#31diebuster2Posted 11/17/2012 9:14:50 PM
They could at least get a Legend of Dragoon rep, considering Sony own and developed the JRPG themselves back in the PS1 days.
---
Dreams are like rainbows; only idiots catch them.
Playing: Borderlands 2, ToGraces F.
#32penemue(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 9:16:06 PM
Did someone legitimately report my question as a troll topic?
What is wrong with this board? It's a proper question and I just want a informed answer?
#33AndKevinBaconPosted 11/17/2012 9:16:21 PM
diebuster2 posted...
They could at least get a Legend of Legaia rep, considering Sony own and developed the JRPG themselves back in the PS1 days.

This.
#34Dragongreen547Posted 11/17/2012 9:16:42 PM
Guys. Omar said if there are any characters they missed....they can still get in as DLC. Bam. Omar Kendall is a genie. Now he needs an earring.
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#35squirrel_boyPosted 11/17/2012 9:16:47 PM
rumbalumba posted...
legendofskyland posted...
rumbalumba posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
theres also no puzzle game characters but i dont see why people think that every genre of game needs to represented

what genre has dominated the PS1, PS2, and PSP?

...Platformers?

Ape escape, Crash, Spyro, Jak, Ratchet, Sly Cooper,

rofl. surrrreee....

how many platformers can you name for each of those 3 systems? 6 across 3 systems? rofl.

sooo are you trying to say that rpgs have dominated playstation?
#36LuminescentRulePosted 11/17/2012 9:17:35 PM
Jak, Sly and Ratchet aren't platformers.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#37penemue(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 9:19:08 PM(edited)
rumbalumba posted...
rumbalumba posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
theres also no puzzle game characters but i dont see why people think that every genre of game needs to represented

what genre has dominated the PS1, PS2, and PSP?

...Platformers?

Ape escape, Crash, Spyro, Jak, Ratchet, Sly Cooper,

rofl. surrrreee....

how many platformers can you name for each of those 3 systems? 6 across 3 systems? rofl.

Oddworld

Klonoa

Croc

Rayman

tomba

psp has

Littlebigplanet

Daxter

more Ratchet

Death Jr.

I could go on...

There are more JRPGs on Sony consoles than platformers, just look at the listings on this site. Yes there are tonnes of platformers too. Let's just leave it at that.
#38Lord_ProsperPosted 11/17/2012 9:17:52 PM
Dragongreen547 posted...
ChrisObama posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
Because superbot sucks. They couldnt even get all the highly requested characters. Lmao this game is going to fail hard.

you are such a bad troll. don't you have something productive you could be doing?

If your gonna make a smash clone you should atleast get all of the characters people requesting.

Whoa! You mean Superbot could have gotten any character they wanted but they changed their minds!? And it's not because Ip holders just didn't want them to have the characters!? Amazing!

It would make my week to see one of the idiots on this board provide a decent argument against 'The IP holder said no so it isn't Superbot's fault'
#39squirrel_boyPosted 11/17/2012 9:18:34 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
Jak, Sly and Ratchet aren't platformers.

well what would you define them as?
#40Pink_a_DinkPosted 11/17/2012 9:19:02 PM
rumbalumba posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
rumbalumba posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Troll reported. Anywho, Id love to see War from Darksiders in this game. Darksiders was an RPG, and they could easily come up with a huge move list for him. It'd be pretty awesome.

you're the troll. darksiders an rpg? get out of here.

"oh bu bu but Darksiders had rpg elements!"

please, don't be stupid. seriously.

Its an action rpg stupid. Its exactly like Zelda, open world with collectables, you enter temples, solve puzzles, find keys to open doors, fight bosses, collect health power ups, and buy stuff. Jeez, trolls are just getting lazy nowadays. Not even trying to be good at it.

then you're the stupid one. do you really think the TC is asking for games like Darksiders, where the main gameplay mechanic is hack-n-slash, with RPG elements?

ignorance at its best.

yeah Darksiders is an RPG. might as well make most games on the market as RPGs since they all have RPG elements anyway. puhlease.

let's not be stupid here. you can make as many excuses as you can, that still doesn't make Darksiders an RPG. just shut up. you reported the TC for being a troll? might as well report yourself.

Fact is, Darksiders is an RPG, and you're just mad about who knows what. And I didn't report TC >.> But I am reporting you. So, keep responding to me. You're giving me lots of good stuff to report. Unneccessary flaming and trolling, you'll be banned in no time.