What is the reason for there being NO RPG characters?

#41Dragongreen547Posted 11/17/2012 9:19:48 PM
squirrel_boy posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
Jak, Sly and Ratchet aren't platformers.

well what would you define them as?

Erotic dating simulator.
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#42LuminescentRulePosted 11/17/2012 9:20:25 PM(edited)
squirrel_boy posted...

Jak and Ratchet are closer to shooters. Sly has auto-platforming so it can't be a platformer.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#43squirrel_boyPosted 11/17/2012 9:20:18 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
rumbalumba posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
rumbalumba posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Troll reported. Anywho, Id love to see War from Darksiders in this game. Darksiders was an RPG, and they could easily come up with a huge move list for him. It'd be pretty awesome.

you're the troll. darksiders an rpg? get out of here.

"oh bu bu but Darksiders had rpg elements!"

please, don't be stupid. seriously.

Its an action rpg stupid. Its exactly like Zelda, open world with collectables, you enter temples, solve puzzles, find keys to open doors, fight bosses, collect health power ups, and buy stuff. Jeez, trolls are just getting lazy nowadays. Not even trying to be good at it.

noooo darksiders is not an rpg
then you're the stupid one. do you really think the TC is asking for games like Darksiders, where the main gameplay mechanic is hack-n-slash, with RPG elements?

ignorance at its best.

yeah Darksiders is an RPG. might as well make most games on the market as RPGs since they all have RPG elements anyway. puhlease.

let's not be stupid here. you can make as many excuses as you can, that still doesn't make Darksiders an RPG. just shut up. you reported the TC for being a troll? might as well report yourself.

Fact is, Darksiders is an RPG, and you're just mad about who knows what. And I didn't report TC >.> But I am reporting you. So, keep responding to me. You're giving me lots of good stuff to report. Unneccessary flaming and trolling, you'll be banned in no time.
#44rumbalumbaPosted 11/17/2012 9:22:08 PM
squirrel_boy posted...
rumbalumba posted...
legendofskyland posted...
rumbalumba posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
theres also no puzzle game characters but i dont see why people think that every genre of game needs to represented

what genre has dominated the PS1, PS2, and PSP?

...Platformers?

Ape escape, Crash, Spyro, Jak, Ratchet, Sly Cooper,

rofl. surrrreee....

how many platformers can you name for each of those 3 systems? 6 across 3 systems? rofl.

sooo are you trying to say that rpgs have dominated playstation?

unless you lived under a rock the past 17 years, yes.
#45squirrel_boyPosted 11/17/2012 9:22:16 PM
squirrel_boy posted...

Jak and Ratchet are closer to shooters. Sly has auto-platforming so it can't be a platformer.

closer to but arent. theyre still platformers. and jak 1 had no shooter anything
#46Dragongreen547Posted 11/17/2012 9:23:46 PM
Dante is in the game.
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#47Chzrm3Posted 11/17/2012 9:24:10 PM
rumbalumba posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
theres also no puzzle game characters but i dont see why people think that every genre of game needs to represented

what genre has dominated the PS1, PS2, and PSP?

Platformers?

Unless by "dominated" you mean "a bunch of niche fan groups played these games."

Look, I loved Dark Cloud, but I'm not going to pretend it dominated anything. The only game series that can make that claim is Final Fantasy, and you obviously need to go through Square to get a character from them.

The vast majority of RPGs were enjoyed by small fanbases. That's about as "dominant" as they got.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#48rumbalumbaPosted 11/17/2012 9:24:31 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...

Fact is, Darksiders is an RPG, and you're just mad about who knows what. And I didn't report TC >.> But I am reporting you. So, keep responding to me. You're giving me lots of good stuff to report. Unneccessary flaming and trolling, you'll be banned in no time.

pwahahahaha "i'm reporting you because you hurt my feelings."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darksiders

"Darksiders, originally known with the subtitle Wrath of War, is an action-adventure video game developed by Vigil Games and published by THQ. "

RPG my foot.
#49IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/17/2012 9:28:10 PM(edited)
diebuster2 posted...
They could at least get a Legend of Dragoon rep, considering Sony own and developed the JRPG themselves back in the PS1 days.

And if you'd listen to SuperBot, you'd realize they were not given carte blanch to just pick any characters they wanted out of a hat, including first party characters. They had to get permission from, and work with every dev team. Merely owning the IP does not mean they're allowed to do whatever they want with them.

For example, (and I'll admit, it's a pretty bad example, but it's the first one I thought of) John Williams wrote the score to Star Wars. Lucas Arts owns that IP. This does not mean that they can just shoehorn in the Imperial March into Indiana Jones or Howard the Duck. And John Williams can't just shove it into any old movie, either, even though he gets paid royalties for it. Just because a parent company owns an IP, it does not automatically give them the right to use any and everything associated with it for a separate IP.

There's a lot of legalese that goes into all of it, and it has a lot of gray area.

For example, Marvel is owned by Disney. But Sony owns the exclusive movie rights to Spiderman. And Activision owns the exclusive game rights to Spiderman. Disney cannot turn around and make a Disney Spiderman movie, or Disney Spiderman game, even though they own the IP.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#50GuitaristMattPosted 11/17/2012 9:27:02 PM
OK 3rd post INFAMOUS
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board