What is the reason for there being NO RPG characters?

#61squirrel_boyPosted 11/17/2012 9:35:11 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
PS1:

Final Fantasy
Xeno saga
Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Arc The Lad
Suikoden
Lunar
Grandia
Tales Of
Legend of Dragon
Dragon Quest
Breath of Fire
Saga Frontier
Wild Arms

ive only heard of 2 of those. platformers are a lot more popular and have more memorable characters
#62Dragongreen547Posted 11/17/2012 9:35:42 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
Why can't you guys just PM eachother!

Exactly dude!
---
She got it, you got it, I got it, we got it.
#63rumbalumbaPosted 11/17/2012 9:36:57 PM
squirrel_boy posted...
PS1:

Final Fantasy
Xeno saga
Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Arc The Lad
Suikoden
Lunar
Grandia
Tales Of
Legend of Dragon
Dragon Quest
Breath of Fire
Saga Frontier
Wild Arms

ive only heard of 2 of those. platformers are a lot more popular and have more memorable characters

LOL you've only heard of 2, therefore platformers are more popular?

pwahahahah oh god can someone pinch me now?
#64squirrel_boyPosted 11/17/2012 9:39:16 PM
rumbalumba posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
PS1:

Final Fantasy
Xeno saga
Chrono Cross
Vagrant Story
Arc The Lad
Suikoden
Lunar
Grandia
Tales Of
Legend of Dragon
Dragon Quest
Breath of Fire
Saga Frontier
Wild Arms

LOL you've only heard of 2, therefore platformers are more popular?

pwahahahah oh god can someone pinch me now?

a lot more people will know ratchet and clank than breath of fire or lunar or ten more of those combined
#65ArmedDragoonPosted 11/17/2012 9:42:47 PM
There's a lot of stupid in this topic on both sides, but I don't think anything can ever beat somebody thinking that Darkstalkers is actually an RPG. It's almost a complete clone of Zelda and Zelda absolutely isn't a RPG.

The rest of this is pretty much people underplaying the impact RPGs have had on Playstation, which is really counterproductive. Fact is, Superbot goofed, and they can fix it with DLC later. Nobody needs to justify or accuse anyone of anything.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#66Shadow2790xPosted 11/17/2012 9:43:46 PM
Nobody likes an elitist.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#67rumbalumbaPosted 11/17/2012 9:46:18 PM(edited)
squirrel_boy posted...

a lot more people will know ratchet and clank than breath of fire or lunar or ten more of those combined

lol ratchet and clank? that's it? spyro, ratchet, rayman?

there are more people who have played RPGs than those who have played platformers in a Playstation system in 17 years of Playstation history. deal with it.

yeah a lot of people will know Ratchet than BoF.

oh look at that, there's expontentially more people who know of Final Fantasy than Klonoa and Tomba and Ratchet combined. see, i can do that too.

there were twice as many people who bought 2 Kingdom Hearts games on the PS2 than there were for 3 Jak and Daxter games. see?
#68Pink_a_DinkPosted 11/17/2012 9:46:00 PM
ArmedDragoon posted...
There's a lot of stupid in this topic on both sides, but I don't think anything can ever beat somebody thinking that Darkstalkers is actually an RPG. It's almost a complete clone of Zelda and Zelda absolutely isn't a RPG.

The rest of this is pretty much people underplaying the impact RPGs have had on Playstation, which is really counterproductive. Fact is, Superbot goofed, and they can fix it with DLC later. Nobody needs to justify or accuse anyone of anything.

Darkstalkers? o.O
#69hotgamerPosted 11/17/2012 9:47:16 PM
I have a feeling Cloud and Snake are actually gonna make it as DLC for their 25th anniversary (although a little late). People have been requesting those 2, along with crash and spyro for a while.

Cloud, Snake, Wander and Crash may be planned for DLC, so Paul Gale may not have been entirely wrong, maybe his source just failed.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#70rumbalumbaPosted 11/17/2012 9:47:54 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
ArmedDragoon posted...

Darkstalkers? o.O

Darkstalkers is a much more popular franchise, so you can at least understand why he typed that way.
besides, in Darkstalkers you can customize your character's costumes before you play them, therefore Darkstalkers is an RPG, amirite? /sarcasm