What is the reason for there being NO RPG characters?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. What is the reason for there being NO RPG characters?
3 years ago#91
ArmedDragoon posted...
8f9g43k8ku7335p posted...
ArmedDragoon posted...
ConradimusPrime posted...
RPGs are incredibly boring, that's why.

This for the most part. Especially JRPG's.

You two are funny.

It's true

Gamers have a weird fetish for JRPG's because most of the female characters look underage and are half naked, while the male characters look like female characters that are underage and half naked. Kinda weird imo.

That's not at all what people like about them, but you guys are on a roll with the uncalled for trolling of a genre that lots of people like so I'll leave you to it.

Just more people to add to the ignore list.
---
Dreams are like rainbows; only idiots catch them.
Playing: Borderlands 2, ToGraces F.
3 years ago#92
ArmedDragoon posted...
ArmedDragoon posted...
RPGs are incredibly boring, that's why.

This for the most part. Especially JRPG's.

You two are funny.

It's true

Gamers have a weird fetish for JRPG's because most of the female characters look underage and are half naked, while the male characters look like female characters that are underage and half naked. Kinda weird imo.

That's not at all what people like about them, but you guys are on a roll with the uncalled for trolling of a genre that lots of people like so I'll leave you to it.

That's not all lol so you do admit it is part of the reason. Just look at the reaction over Kat. People wanted her in the game because she's hawt.
3 years ago#93
The lack of RPG characters made me throw up. When I think of spiky-haired PlayStation All-Stars, I think of Cloud, Sora, and Dart, not Heihachi, Spike, and Jak.
3 years ago#94
squirrel_boy posted...
started out as ps exclusive but kh is currently multiplatform so i was right

and you know it took you a while to think of another "well known" playstation rpg. and you said monster hunter which is multiplatform.

but again, platformers have better characters, setting, and plotlines than most rpgs.
and over the long run a lot more people are gonna remember J&D than that one sorta bad guy from FF XIVVIXXV

no you weren't right. KH became popular in Playstation. therefore, it being multiplatform came after it became popular, not the other way around.

wow, so being away from your pc equates to you "thinking of a reply the whole time" pwahaahahha. monster hunter started out in PS, and as i said Monster Hunter for the PSP. Monster Hunter also became very popular in the PSP first, before moving on to the 3DS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter

see that? largely a Playstation game. and the PSP games have sold the MOST, and are the most popular, so it being a multiplatform was a product of it being popular in a Playstation system. so again, you are dead wrong.

lol that bad guy. had to pick the bad guy rather than Cloud, i see. sorry, but more people know Cloud than Jak/Daxter. fact. and that's only one character from the franchise of 20+ games.

lol better characters, settings, plotlines? ROFL. go play some RPGs first then come back here.

Breath of Fire 4, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 9, Suikoden I+II, Legend Of the Dragoon, Front Mission Evolved, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Crisis Core, Alundra, Arc the Lad, Persona, etc. etc. characters, plot, setting > Jak and Daxter, Ratchet, Sly characters, plot, setting

besides, what are some of the other platformers out there anyway? Klonoa and Tomba....great games but obscure as well. so really, you got 3 major franchises plus some obscure games vs. a ton of major franchises and a ton of obscure games.

tell me again how the platformer genre has dominated the PS1, PS2, and PSP? lol.
3 years ago#95
rumbalumba posted...
squirrel_boy posted...
started out as ps exclusive but kh is currently multiplatform so i was right

and you know it took you a while to think of another "well known" playstation rpg. and you said monster hunter which is multiplatform.

but again, platformers have better characters, setting, and plotlines than most rpgs.
and over the long run a lot more people are gonna remember J&D than that one sorta bad guy from FF XIVVIXXV

no you weren't right. KH became popular in Playstation. therefore, it being multiplatform came after it became popular, not the other way around.

wow, so being away from your pc equates to you "thinking of a reply the whole time" pwahaahahha. monster hunter started out in PS, and as i said Monster Hunter for the PSP. Monster Hunter also became very popular in the PSP first, before moving on to the 3DS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter

see that? largely a Playstation game. and the PSP games have sold the MOST, and are the most popular, so it being a multiplatform was a product of it being popular in a Playstation system. so again, you are dead wrong.

lol that bad guy. had to pick the bad guy rather than Cloud, i see. sorry, but more people know Cloud than Jak/Daxter. fact. and that's only one character from the franchise of 20+ games.

lol better characters, settings, plotlines? ROFL. go play some RPGs first then come back here.

Breath of Fire 4, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 9, Suikoden I+II, Legend Of the Dragoon, Front Mission Evolved, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Crisis Core, Alundra, Arc the Lad, Persona, etc. etc. characters, plot, setting > Jak and Daxter, Ratchet, Sly characters, plot, setting

besides, what are some of the other platformers out there anyway? Klonoa and Tomba....great games but obscure as well. so really, you got 3 major franchises plus some obscure games vs. a ton of major franchises and a ton of obscure games.

tell me again how the platformer genre has dominated the PS1, PS2, and PSP? lol.

http://emotibot.net/pix/6329.gif

Whether or not there is legit info in your post, can't take someone who types "lol" and "Rofl" so many time seriously.
3 years ago#96
squirrel_boy posted...
and rumba i just realized something. you say not to buy into the hype of popular although "bad" rpgs and then you just use sales numbers to try and prove certain games were better than others. hm

well if you actually argue with facts rather than what you think is popular or not, then i won't even use sales numbers. you're the one spouting nonsense, not me. you're the one in denial, not me. undermining the role of the RPG genre and saying platformers dominated the PS1, PS2, and PSP systems?

that's just utter bollocks. i know you've lived in America all your life, but America isn't the center of the universe. oh yes, Sly is very popular where you live. too bad that's not the case everywhere. funny how that works. and too bad RPG games have more sales than platformers, simply because there were so many RPG games for the PS1, PS2, and PSP. why? because that genre dominated, that's why.

so you can stop spouting nonsense now. platformers dominated during the 8-bit and 16-bit era, waaay before you were born.
3 years ago#97
To the guy who said I'm trolling because people like the RPGs:
People also like 50 cent. He's terrible
Owl city sells records and some people still wear overalls.

Just because people do it, or even a LOT of people do, doesn't make it good.

I didn't say RPGs are objectively bad (though from a design standpoint, they aren't even really games, but visual books where you have to retread the same chapter several times before you are permitted to move on).

I didn't say they are bad, I said they are boring. They are never "exciting". You click on words. Stuff happens. It looks the same every time, without fail. You heal. You read some text. Yawn.
Boring. If that is exciting to you, I'd like your money an ill permit you to watch the paint of my house dry

You may enjoy them and that's fine. You can love them, nothing wrong with that. Rock on.
They are still boring.
---
http://misternefarious.deviantart.com/
3 years ago#98
legendofskyland posted...

Whether or not there is legit info in your post, can't take someone who types "lol" and "Rofl" so many time seriously.

well, it wasn't intended for you in the first place, so i can't take someone, who can't even read, seriously at all.
3 years ago#99
rumbalumba posted...
legendofskyland posted...

well, it was intended for you in the first place, so i can't take someone, who can't even read, seriously at all.

Who said I can't read?

And if it was intended for me why was it a response to squirrel_boy?
(See, I read)
3 years ago#100
To the guy who said I'm trolling because people like the RPGs:
People also like 50 cent. He's terrible
Owl city sells records and some people still wear overalls.

Just because people do it, or even a LOT of people do, doesn't make it good.

I didn't say RPGs are objectively bad (though from a design standpoint, they aren't even really games, but visual books where you have to retread the same chapter several times before you are permitted to move on).

I didn't say they are bad, I said they are boring. They are never "exciting". You click on words. Stuff happens. It looks the same every time, without fail. You heal. You read some text. Yawn.
Boring. If that is exciting to you, I'd like your money an ill permit you to watch the paint of my house dry

You may enjoy them and that's fine. You can love them, nothing wrong with that. Rock on.
They are still boring.

FPSs are boring too. you move, you aim, you shoot, rinse and repeat. you use the same weapons, you hide in the same places, you destroy the same wall.

exciting doesn't always pertain to popcorn, Michael Bay explosion crap. that's just powerfully stupid.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. What is the reason for there being NO RPG characters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived