Hundreds of hours of content

#71TaizukuPosted 11/18/2012 8:46:36 AM
Neemoh posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
I'm not reading all this topic and yet again trolls be trollin'. I will however say I'm looking forward to this "hours of content" even if the unlocks are not anything major.

I love how people dismiss legitimate complaints as trolling. I don't want to use the word fanboy here but...

Because you're the only person in this topic. Get over yourself.
---
~~'~,~'<(@Official Jon Talbain of Za Warudo@)>'~,~'~~
PSN: MobileFlame
#72NeemohPosted 11/18/2012 8:48:52 AM
Taizuku posted...
Because you're the only person in this topic. Get over yourself.

When did I say was? I see many valid complaints in this topic that gets labeled as trolling. I think you should get over it.
#73Black-IszPosted 11/18/2012 9:26:42 AM
Fayt16 posted...
Haku125 posted...
WHO BUYS A FIGHTING GAME FOR THE STORY????

blazblue/GG players

**** yeah we do!
#74AzureKillerDXPosted 11/18/2012 9:30:37 AM
i give it 5 hours max
#75dude_meister512Posted 11/18/2012 9:54:21 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
I hope stuff like "get 1000 kills" isn't what he's talking about. That's a lame way of getting hundreds of hours of content. Which makes me think that that's exactly how they did it.

Stuff like that is EVERYWHERE in Brawl.
#76RagnoraokPosted 11/18/2012 10:01:36 AM
dude_meister512 posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
I hope stuff like "get 1000 kills" isn't what he's talking about. That's a lame way of getting hundreds of hours of content. Which makes me think that that's exactly how they did it.

Stuff like that is EVERYWHERE in Brawl.

that is true, but there are other REAL content in the game. All-stars, Home-run contest, AN ACTUAL STORY Mode, Classic, Break the targets, etc. SSBB has actual content, where in PSAS all f the supposed hours of content are in superfluous unlockables. Its cool though, try to make yourself seem more foolish.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#77X195Posted 11/18/2012 10:02:13 AM(edited)
EffectAndCause posted...
It'd be like complaining that having Majin Buu and Kid Buu in a game is wasting a slot. They're technically the same character, but in wildly different forms and completely different in every way.

Well put.
---
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
Official Liu Kang of the PS3 Mortal Kombat board.
#78grzajabarkusPosted 11/18/2012 10:05:11 AM
2 Coles are not a waste. They look different, they play different. Just stop trying to argue they are clones. If you want clones, go play smash.
#79NewMoonShadowPosted 11/18/2012 10:33:59 AM
"play time" is always considered to be how long it takes to unlock/experience 100% of a game's content. This is why the "Elder Scrolls" games are given playtimes in the 100's of hours instead of the 5-10 or so it would take to blow through the story.

As for Brawl's level of content... y'know, there's a lot of it on the surface, but a lot of it is just as superfluous and unnecessary as PSASBR's, if not moreso. They locked half the cast and stages just for the sake of adding false playtime to make the player jump through hoops and earn things that are part of the core gameplay experience.

"Classic Mode" and "All-Star" mode both being present is nonsense, the All-Star Mode should have been the main mode with varied match-types instead of making the player play through both ~40 times apiece (80 playthroughs in total) to unlock all the trophies. They don't even have the courtesy to give you Samus/ZSS' at the same time. This is artificial playtime padding that doesn't actually add new gameplay experiences, it just pads out how long it takes to 100% the game. The definition of tedium.

In addition those modes that actually were interesting and individualized in previous games were scaled back in Brawl, with "Break the Targets" being the same room for every character and a far smaller number of Events compared to Melee.

All this is on top of the fact that the online simply doesn't work. I don't know if it's something they could have fixed if they had more time or if it's something broken with the Wii's online functionality as a whole, but the online modes are borderline useless.

The only saving grace that makes the game feel gigantic is the story mode, which I'll admit was huge, but given all the other things they could have worked on, from more interesting classic modes, to more events, to getting the online mode working, spending pretty much all their time on story mode seems like a strange decision that makes the game seem big, but unless you're a determined competitive player, the game wears thin a lot faster than Melee did. At least it does for me.
#80ZidaneskiPosted 11/18/2012 10:59:41 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
"play time" is always considered to be how long it takes to unlock/experience 100% of a game's content. This is why the "Elder Scrolls" games are given playtimes in the 100's of hours instead of the 5-10 or so it would take to blow through the story.

As for Brawl's level of content... y'know, there's a lot of it on the surface, but a lot of it is just as superfluous and unnecessary as PSASBR's, if not moreso. They locked half the cast and stages just for the sake of adding false playtime to make the player jump through hoops and earn things that are part of the core gameplay experience.

"Classic Mode" and "All-Star" mode both being present is nonsense, the All-Star Mode should have been the main mode with varied match-types instead of making the player play through both ~40 times apiece (80 playthroughs in total) to unlock all the trophies. They don't even have the courtesy to give you Samus/ZSS' at the same time. This is artificial playtime padding that doesn't actually add new gameplay experiences, it just pads out how long it takes to 100% the game. The definition of tedium.

In addition those modes that actually were interesting and individualized in previous games were scaled back in Brawl, with "Break the Targets" being the same room for every character and a far smaller number of Events compared to Melee.

All this is on top of the fact that the online simply doesn't work. I don't know if it's something they could have fixed if they had more time or if it's something broken with the Wii's online functionality as a whole, but the online modes are borderline useless.

The only saving grace that makes the game feel gigantic is the story mode, which I'll admit was huge, but given all the other things they could have worked on, from more interesting classic modes, to more events, to getting the online mode working, spending pretty much all their time on story mode seems like a strange decision that makes the game seem big, but unless you're a determined competitive player, the game wears thin a lot faster than Melee did. At least it does for me.

Same, I think I was the only one among my friends that actually finished the storyline in Brawl and I don't even own the game and I wish I could of stopped myself from playing the story mode. Also, the only thing we ever cared about was vs. mode. So to many people All stars already has just as much content or more than Brawl.