How do you feel about the launch roster being 25% platformer...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. How do you feel about the launch roster being 25% platformer...

User Info: DarkFists

DarkFists
4 years ago#21
I am a big fan of RPGs, but really, I don't care. Most of the RPG characters that would have made people happy are 3rd party, aside from Dart...
PSN=Gelthidor

User Info: TrueKirby

TrueKirby
4 years ago#22
Platformers are actually a lot more important than RPGs.
Think about it, Mario is a ton more popular than Cloud.
Nuff said.
Ratchet>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cloud Relevence now
They see me strollin' They hatin

User Info: TheExiled280

TheExiled280
4 years ago#23
Nuff said.

there was truth in this post until the last line....

BTW, why can't we have a AC rep? Aveline is exclusive to PS or we could get Connor since AC3 had all that extra content
Persona 4: The Golden English Trailer:
http://youtu.be/WkL4GXJRMJY

User Info: trollhunter2

trollhunter2
4 years ago#24
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/nericera/James%20Franco/sogood.gif
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya

User Info: Swaggamer9000

Swaggamer9000
4 years ago#25
zxelman posted...
Radec has one.

User Info: Swaggamer9000

Swaggamer9000
4 years ago#26
TrueKirby posted...
Nuff said.

This.

User Info: xKazerux

xKazerux
4 years ago#27
WeeScotty posted...
It makes me feel sick to my stomach. JRPG >>>>>>>>>>>>> Platformers in terms of relevance/importance/significance/prominence/notability/association to the PS brand and also in terms of quality, story, gameplay, characters, setting, mythology...everything.

It's disgusting how there are 5 platformer characters and 0 JRPG characters in a game with the audacity to call itself "PlayStation All-Stars." Super Smash Bros. has a bunch of JRPG characters. Are you kidding me?

If I had to remove characters to make room for better ones, I'd take out Spike, Jack, and 1 of the other 3 platformers to make room for real all-stars like Cloud, Sora, or any of the many JRPG characters Sony owns. That way we have 3 JRPG reps and 2 platformer reps and balance is restored to the PS universe.

If you're going to remove characters to put in your own "All-Stars", you shouldn't take out key characters from the PS1/PS2 era. >_> I want Cloud as much as the next guy, but Square has the say so in the end there, not Sony.
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
Playing: RE6, ACIII, DMC HD, MGS: PW, Borderlands 2, LBP2, RE4, CV: HoD, Dark Souls, Warriors Orochi 2, LoL, PSASBR (soon)

User Info: ArmedDragoon

ArmedDragoon
4 years ago#28
WeeScotty posted...
It makes me feel sick to my stomach. JRPG >>>>>>>>>>>>> Platformers in terms of relevance/importance/significance/prominence/notability/association to the PS brand and also in terms of quality, story, gameplay, characters, setting, mythology...everything.

It's disgusting how there are 5 platformer characters and 0 JRPG characters in a game with the audacity to call itself "PlayStation All-Stars." Super Smash Bros. has a bunch of JRPG characters. Are you kidding me?

If I had to remove characters to make room for better ones, I'd take out Spike, Jack, and 1 of the other 3 platformers to make room for real all-stars like Cloud, Sora, or any of the many JRPG characters Sony owns. That way we have 3 JRPG reps and 2 platformer reps and balance is restored to the PS universe.

Uh no, Spike and Jak need to stay.
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.

User Info: squirrel_boy

squirrel_boy
4 years ago#29
blaze19_0X posted...
I feel like the only semi-decent RPG character possibly in their control was Dart. The others are all 3rd party.

Whereas they have several first party platformer characters.

yup
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. How do you feel about the launch roster being 25% platformer...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived