How do you feel about the launch roster being 25% platformer...

#21DarkFistsPosted 11/18/2012 12:48:59 PM
I am a big fan of RPGs, but really, I don't care. Most of the RPG characters that would have made people happy are 3rd party, aside from Dart...
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#22TrueKirbyPosted 11/18/2012 1:00:09 PM
Platformers are actually a lot more important than RPGs.
Think about it, Mario is a ton more popular than Cloud.
Nuff said.
Ratchet>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cloud Relevence now
---
They see me strollin' They hatin
#23TheExiled280Posted 11/18/2012 1:02:18 PM(edited)
Nuff said.

there was truth in this post until the last line....

BTW, why can't we have a AC rep? Aveline is exclusive to PS or we could get Connor since AC3 had all that extra content
---
Persona 4: The Golden English Trailer:
http://youtu.be/WkL4GXJRMJY
#24trollhunter2Posted 11/18/2012 1:01:13 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/nericera/James%20Franco/sogood.gif
---
Official Alundra of PSASBR Board
just add me psn: Naijaplaya
#25Swaggamer9000Posted 11/18/2012 1:04:27 PM
zxelman posted...
Radec has one.
#26Swaggamer9000Posted 11/18/2012 1:05:19 PM
TrueKirby posted...
Nuff said.

This.
#27xKazeruxPosted 11/18/2012 1:52:31 PM
WeeScotty posted...
It makes me feel sick to my stomach. JRPG >>>>>>>>>>>>> Platformers in terms of relevance/importance/significance/prominence/notability/association to the PS brand and also in terms of quality, story, gameplay, characters, setting, mythology...everything.

It's disgusting how there are 5 platformer characters and 0 JRPG characters in a game with the audacity to call itself "PlayStation All-Stars." Super Smash Bros. has a bunch of JRPG characters. Are you kidding me?

If I had to remove characters to make room for better ones, I'd take out Spike, Jack, and 1 of the other 3 platformers to make room for real all-stars like Cloud, Sora, or any of the many JRPG characters Sony owns. That way we have 3 JRPG reps and 2 platformer reps and balance is restored to the PS universe.

If you're going to remove characters to put in your own "All-Stars", you shouldn't take out key characters from the PS1/PS2 era. >_> I want Cloud as much as the next guy, but Square has the say so in the end there, not Sony.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
Playing: RE6, ACIII, DMC HD, MGS: PW, Borderlands 2, LBP2, RE4, CV: HoD, Dark Souls, Warriors Orochi 2, LoL, PSASBR (soon)
#28ArmedDragoonPosted 11/18/2012 2:04:22 PM
WeeScotty posted...
It makes me feel sick to my stomach. JRPG >>>>>>>>>>>>> Platformers in terms of relevance/importance/significance/prominence/notability/association to the PS brand and also in terms of quality, story, gameplay, characters, setting, mythology...everything.

It's disgusting how there are 5 platformer characters and 0 JRPG characters in a game with the audacity to call itself "PlayStation All-Stars." Super Smash Bros. has a bunch of JRPG characters. Are you kidding me?

If I had to remove characters to make room for better ones, I'd take out Spike, Jack, and 1 of the other 3 platformers to make room for real all-stars like Cloud, Sora, or any of the many JRPG characters Sony owns. That way we have 3 JRPG reps and 2 platformer reps and balance is restored to the PS universe.

Uh no, Spike and Jak need to stay.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#29squirrel_boyPosted 11/18/2012 2:09:17 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
I feel like the only semi-decent RPG character possibly in their control was Dart. The others are all 3rd party.

Whereas they have several first party platformer characters.

yup