I ordered from Amazon; hasn't even shipped yet.

#11lionhartwolfPosted 11/19/2012 3:50:48 PM
Ludacris01 posted...
lionhartwolf posted...
Its probably the single most reason I hate buying games online. Its always a toss up. To be fair though sometimes they ship it right at the close of business the day before and it makes it. Other times its late, and sometimes it even shows up a day early, but mostly it just shows up late. What I do in those cases is just go to my local Gamestop and buy a retail copy and return the copy that eventually ends up in the mail. I know its kind of redundant but thats why I normally just go to the store and pick it up, but sometimes I like to put games on my Best Buy or Amazon CC and you are really at their mercy.

Not with Amazon. If you've selected the Release Date Shipping option, it will never be late.

thats just not true. I mean they are pretty good about it but even they are restricted to things like adverse weather conditions. I've missed a few release day deliveries from them for one reason or another.

I will say they try to compensate well though, but in the end the only real guarantee is just going to my local store and picking it up.
#12antking61Posted 11/19/2012 3:52:04 PM
And what of Thanksgiving? They may get backed up a bit due to the holiday.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#13Johnbobb(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:34:08 PM
I mean, I certainly hope it'll arrive tomorrow, and if it does I won't be so quick to doubt Amazon. However, to knowingly wait so long to ship it despite the fact that I ordered so far in advance really bugs me.
---
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#14SuperPlatanoPosted 11/19/2012 4:38:56 PM
Johnbobb posted...
I mean, I certainly hope it'll arrive tomorrow, and if it does I won't be so quick to doubt Amazon. However, to knowingly wait so long to ship it despite the fact that I ordered so far in advance really bugs me.

When I preordered Arkham City it didn't leave until 10 PM the day before and it got to me in time
---
Every Villain Is Lemons.
http://www.backloggery.com/superplatano
#15ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/19/2012 4:39:37 PM
lionhartwolf posted...
Ludacris01 posted...
lionhartwolf posted...
Its probably the single most reason I hate buying games online. Its always a toss up. To be fair though sometimes they ship it right at the close of business the day before and it makes it. Other times its late, and sometimes it even shows up a day early, but mostly it just shows up late. What I do in those cases is just go to my local Gamestop and buy a retail copy and return the copy that eventually ends up in the mail. I know its kind of redundant but thats why I normally just go to the store and pick it up, but sometimes I like to put games on my Best Buy or Amazon CC and you are really at their mercy.

Not with Amazon. If you've selected the Release Date Shipping option, it will never be late.

thats just not true. I mean they are pretty good about it but even they are restricted to things like adverse weather conditions. I've missed a few release day deliveries from them for one reason or another.

I will say they try to compensate well though, but in the end the only real guarantee is just going to my local store and picking it up.

That's a problem with your carrier, and not Amazon
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#16SoaD0031Posted 11/19/2012 6:17:55 PM
Mine still hasn't shipped.
---
PSN: SoaD_009
#17MwarriorHieiPosted 11/19/2012 6:34:05 PM
its not amazon's fault. for sure they will send it on time. any delays in you actually receiving it, however, is the fault of the carrier.

and as an aside, i always see topics complaining about how amazon hasnt changed their shipping status for games with release date delivery. dont be afraid. amazon is usually good with getting stuff out on time. stop worrying.
---
o.o
#18ConradimusPrimePosted 11/19/2012 6:43:38 PM
Amazon stopped doing release day delivery, and even though I would get the game for ten dollars cheaper, do I want to wait a week for a game I'm this excited for to save a whopping ten dollars?

Yeah, I canceled my Amazon order when it didn't ship by Saturday and pre ordered with Game$top instead.
---
http://misternefarious.deviantart.com/
#19ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/19/2012 6:49:37 PM
ConradimusPrime posted...
Amazon stopped doing release day delivery, and even though I would get the game for ten dollars cheaper, do I want to wait a week for a game I'm this excited for to save a whopping ten dollars?

Yeah, I canceled my Amazon order when it didn't ship by Saturday and pre ordered with Game$top instead.

They still have Release Date Shipping, only not as a separate option anymore. You have to choose Two Day Shipping, in order to receive it by The release date.

The good news is, you still get it on time, and if you're an Amazon Prime member, you get it shipped for free.

The bad news is, if you don't have Amazon Prime, you have to pay the regular 2 day shipping price.

But I'd pay for Amazon anyday over the scum that is GameStop
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#20R_Fated_CirclePosted 11/19/2012 7:20:49 PM
I've ordered dozens of games and movies from amazon and can't think of one that i haven't gotten on release date delivery that was promised. Not saying it can't happen but it's rare also I've had my games not ship until after 10pm and I still received them the next day.
---
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"