isn't releasing two Coles kind of...desperate?

#11howiehiewPosted 11/19/2012 11:35:29 PM
I'd hate to bring up smash brothers, but it's not nearly as bad as Dr.Mario
---
"Violent video games don't create psychopaths, video games make psychopaths more creative"
#12ConradimusPrimePosted 11/19/2012 11:36:43 PM
It's still way better than Shotos in Street Fighter.

Ryu and Ken, whoopdee doo. Sean is like a really lame Ken.
Akuma is like all of them together and with newer more exciting stuff.
Gouken is different enough.

The Cole's both look way more different than Ryu and Ken.

And before any SF fanboys get on me about that: I don't care about their frame data or whatever. They are SOOOO samey, and part of the designers job is to differentiate those characters.

Even if you look at KOF, Robert, Ryo and Takuma have the same moves that are DRASTICALLY different in execution and their normals are COMPLETELY different.

So yeah, I feel like these guys look more like a KOF situation versus an SF one.
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#13Alty1Posted 11/19/2012 11:36:52 PM

Hey man, Dr. Mario was good >_>. He was my main back in Melee days.
---
Uwe Boll makes terrible movies. Anyone who tells you otherwise is Uwe Boll - Seanbaby
http://theanteheroes.com/AceAttorneys/DamonGant.png
#14LukeStrife5Posted 11/19/2012 11:50:40 PM
It would be desperate if it didn't really have merit. Cole's ending points (Good / Bad) are completely different as are the types of characters they are when it comes to fighting. Have played as both... They are DRASTICALLY different. I can understand that it bothers you because they are the "same" character, but it's really no different then how Super Smash has endless clones of their characters? Link, Young Link and Toon Link? Is that any less desperate? If the Cole's played the same way but they did a simple change (Good Cole has Ice in his attacks but Evil has fire), then yes that would be a desperate silly cash in but the play styles are very different so it's fine to me.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#15PhoenixAssassinPosted 11/19/2012 11:54:28 PM
good cole and evil cole are very different characters. if they had one that represented both that would be very odd, and not properly reflect cole at all. and if they only did good or onlly did evil it would be odd that they only had one, good cole and evil cole are equals, one isnt better then the other. it would of been stupid for them not to include both
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#16Mister_ZurkonPosted 11/19/2012 11:56:35 PM
GoodCole posted...
m0deration posted...
Kind of wish he was like Shiek/Zelda and could switch forms.

Why? What if I made you switch forms into an alternate version of you from another timeline? How would you like that?

I am not Bruce Banner.

The same way Dissidia Final Fantasy did it with Cecil

And it's not alternate timelines, You can switch between with enough tedious grinding.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#17diebuster2Posted 11/19/2012 11:58:16 PM
GoodCole posted...
No. But only Good Cole is needed.

---
One does not simply state a negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#18Mister_ZurkonPosted 11/19/2012 11:58:58 PM
howiehiew posted...

Mario is THE Video Game character though.

Cole is C tier at best.

That's like comparing Evil Ryu to Like... Pyron.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#19FurryyifferPosted 11/20/2012 12:10:11 AM
Um...Sean hardly shares any moves with Ken, zam :/ And the others usually only share a few specials with each other.
And aren't Robert, Ryo, and Takuma using completely different styles? Thats not a very good comparison imo :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#20AputiPosted 11/20/2012 12:11:44 AM
Alty1 posted...

Hey man, Dr. Mario was good >_>. He was my main back in Melee days.

And Evil Cole looks good too. Doesn't change the fact they're both unnecessary.
---
Asking once only makes you want it more