wtf! no way to 1v1 at all

#41PyroSparkPosted 11/20/2012 2:34:18 AM
MajesticFerret posted...
I don't have the game yet, and won't for awhile, because my dumb ass sister just lost my credit card tonight (yeah, I'm livid as ****), but these are some huge issues.

I can live with a few characters not being on the roster but no matchmaking 1v1 or 2v2 is a gamebreaker.

Unranked has 2v2 matchmaking, thank God.

But hey, think of SSBB. Which only had non-ranked FFA/teams with NO changable rules.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#42rumbalumbaPosted 11/20/2012 2:35:51 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Exile71186 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
wow i just figured it out. no matchmaking for 2v2 either.

You're joking, right?

There is NO ranked 2v2 matchmaking.. only in "quick match" which is unranked.

Wait, so it's in the game, just not in ranked matches?

apparently. rofl. to play ranked 2v2, you apparently have to go through the hassle of adding so many friends so that it's certain that someone will be online the moment you play, or talk to them on a weekly basis just to schedule a game. rofl.

can't rank without yo' friends! XD
#43SSjMikitoPosted 11/20/2012 2:37:36 AM
rumbalumba posted...
don't tell me there's also no matchmaking for 2v2 and only for FFA.

Are you sure your not playing some Chinese knock off? You only need a single friend. The other team is random matchmaking like FFA.
#44ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/20/2012 2:37:40 AM
rumbalumba posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Exile71186 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
rumbalumba posted...
wow i just figured it out. no matchmaking for 2v2 either.

You're joking, right?

There is NO ranked 2v2 matchmaking.. only in "quick match" which is unranked.

Wait, so it's in the game, just not in ranked matches?

apparently. rofl. to play ranked 2v2, you apparently have to go through the hassle of adding so many friends so that it's certain that someone will be online the moment you play, or talk to them on a weekly basis just to schedule a game. rofl.

can't rank without yo' friends! XD

But you can play 2v2 in unranked matches with random people? If so, then I dont see the problem. Why you'd want your rank on the line with strangers is baffling.

However, no 1v1 is a big missed opportunity
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#45kupo1705Posted 11/20/2012 2:38:36 AM
So you need someone else to play 2 vs 2?
You can't just choose it and team up with a stranger?
#46ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/20/2012 2:39:51 AM(edited)
kupo1705 posted...

Thats what we're trying to figure out, it looks like. Apparently you can in unranked mode, but not ranked?
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#47rumbalumbaPosted 11/20/2012 2:39:31 AM
PyroSpark posted...
MajesticFerret posted...
I don't have the game yet, and won't for awhile, because my dumb ass sister just lost my credit card tonight (yeah, I'm livid as ****), but these are some huge issues.

I can live with a few characters not being on the roster but no matchmaking 1v1 or 2v2 is a gamebreaker.

Unranked has 2v2 matchmaking, thank God.

But hey, think of SSBB. Which only had non-ranked FFA/teams with NO changable rules.

thank illusionary space deity? dude, to be able to play ranked games, you have to add friends and time their schedules to yours to be able to play 1v1 and 2v2. which means, if you're too lazy or busy and just want to pick up and play the game on ranked, the only way to rank is to play FFA. are you kidding me, SuperBot?
#48kupo1705Posted 11/20/2012 2:40:12 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Thats what we're trying to figure it out. Apparently you can in unranked mode, but not ranked?

There is ranked 2 vs 2 matchmaking, but only if you have a friend?
If so, that's fine.
#49Rikudo-PeinPosted 11/20/2012 2:40:59 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
But you can play 2v2 in unranked matches with random people? If so, then I dont see the problem. Why you'd want your rank on the line with strangers is baffling.

However, no 1v1 is a big missed opportunity

This.
---
PSN: theomm
"Mokuton Hijutsu: Jukai Kotan "
#50MajesticFerretPosted 11/20/2012 2:41:40 AM
Ok, 2v2 being unranked is actually fine.

However, there needs to be a matchmaking 1v1. I don't care if it's ranked or unranked, but it needs to be there. It's too important not to have, especially considering SB has been selling it on 1v1 through a lot of their gameplay videos.

Hopefully this is something that can be easily remedied with a patch as I'm sure the demand for it is huge.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.