wtf! no way to 1v1 at all

#51Kiriyama_06Posted 11/20/2012 1:41:44 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Thats what we're trying to figure it out. Apparently you can in unranked mode, but not ranked?

Well, to me that's not as big a deal as no 1v1, which I agree should be patched in asap. But if 2v2 is unranked but not ranked, that's fine cause let's be honest here, how many times do you get teamed up with a player with the same skill level as you? It just leads to frustration and blaming the other guy when you lose.
#52rumbalumbaPosted 11/20/2012 1:42:21 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...

But you can play 2v2 in unranked matches with random people? If so, then I dont see the problem. Why you'd want your rank on the line with strangers is baffling.

However, no 1v1 is a big missed opportunity

huh? you play ranked games on FPSs with a team of strangers, yet most of the time you all do what you're supposed to do (according to your classes). so really, it's not like people who wanna play 2v2 ranked with strangers don't understand the repercussions. imagine if you have to add friends just to play ranked games on FPSs.
#53kupo1705Posted 11/20/2012 1:43:37 AM
So let's clear this up.

There is 2 vs 2 ranked match making, but only if you have a friend invited.
There is 2 vs 2 unranked match making, you'll team up with a random player or a friend you've invited.

Correct?
#54Exile71186(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 1:43:49 AM
So far what I can confirm,

I just played 2 2v2 UNRANKED GAMES.. it was random matchmaking..

It's better than ffa but still blows...

Idk about ranked.. all it says is FFA

Having a friend invited idk how that would allow you to do 2v2 ranked.
#55Lexmark1989Posted 11/20/2012 1:44:42 AM
rumbalumba posted...
PyroSpark posted...
MajesticFerret posted...
I don't have the game yet, and won't for awhile, because my dumb ass sister just lost my credit card tonight (yeah, I'm livid as ****), but these are some huge issues.

I can live with a few characters not being on the roster but no matchmaking 1v1 or 2v2 is a gamebreaker.

Unranked has 2v2 matchmaking, thank God.

But hey, think of SSBB. Which only had non-ranked FFA/teams with NO changable rules.

thank illusionary space deity? dude, to be able to play ranked games, you have to add friends and time their schedules to yours to be able to play 1v1 and 2v2. which means, if you're too lazy or busy and just want to pick up and play the game on ranked, the only way to rank is to play FFA. are you kidding me, SuperBot?

So just play FFA, why do people want to rank up with strangers anyway? The no 1v1 i'll agree on but that can be patched in so i'm not mad at that. However getting mad about not being able to rank up with strangers is kinda silly.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#56Jaden_WEPosted 11/20/2012 1:45:56 AM(edited)
ranking and matchmaking with randoms go hand in hand - - - - -you get matched up with randoms equal or around your rank ...or something to that extent (gain more rank for beating higher lvl random and so on).
---
PSN : Jaden8675309
#57Ludacris01Posted 11/20/2012 1:45:52 AM
rumbalumba shut the **** up, now you're just nitpicking.

No 1v1 is a legitimate complaint, but complaining about not being able to team up with a random player in ranked 2v2 when you can do the same bloody thing in unranked is just grasping at straws.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#58rumbalumbaPosted 11/20/2012 1:46:29 AM
kupo1705 posted...
So let's clear this up.

There is 2 vs 2 ranked match making, but only if you have a friend invited.
There is 2 vs 2 unranked match making, you'll team up with a random player or a friend you've invited.

Correct?

apparently. which is such a fail for people who don't wanna touch FFA ranked. if you wanna focus on 2v2 ranked, you need to clear your Friends list. damn. i have other friends who play other games! even adding 10 friends doesn't mean 1 will be available everytime i wanna do 2v2 ranked. most likely those 10 friends are playing other modes, or are already palying with other people on 2v2. come on.
#59Exile71186(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 1:47:46 AM
I was so pumped when i saw "tournament mode" and then read "12 days remaining in current season"

I thought wow there focused on there online.. having seasons and crap.. then i saw...

ffa only.....

*facepalm*
#60ImDyinSquirtlePosted 11/20/2012 1:47:59 AM
Jaden_WE posted...
ranking and matchmaking with randoms go hand in hand - - - - -you get matched up with randoms equal or around your rank ...or something to that extent (gain more rank for beating higher lvl random and so on).

The whole point of 2v2 is that you're supposed to have a team effort, with team synergy, strategies, etc.

Doing that with a random most likely isnt as strategic as with someone you've been training with, just 2 people on a team throwing random blows.

If you really want to do it that bad, there's unranked
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying