wtf! no way to 1v1 at all

#71TrivioPosted 11/20/2012 3:46:30 AM
rumbalumba posted...
Trivio posted...
Didnt read all of the thread but i got two questions.
Is there a 2v2 option (with a random ally) for unranked?
And can i play 2v2 with my brother in the same room?

yes
yes

Great thanks.
---
" Don't be afraid to ask him the tough questions. When he doesn't know the awnser he will just pretend he didn't hear you. "
#72Old_RatPosted 11/20/2012 3:56:27 AM
No 1v1, no buy. *storms out*
#73Rikudo-PeinPosted 11/20/2012 3:57:28 AM
The thread title is mis-leading. There is 1v1, just not ranked.
---
PSN: theomm
"Mokuton Hijutsu: Jukai Kotan "
#74RedtoemonsterPosted 11/20/2012 4:03:31 AM
NightMareBunny posted...
Exile71186 posted...
There is no matchmaking for 1v1... Its dumb...

Unranked is 2v2 and ffa ranked is ffa only.

Why showcase 1v1 on streams like ign if you can't seems fail to me

because the game isn't meant for 1v1 you can play 1v1 but it's not the favored mode and honestly i don't see 1v1 matchmaking turning out that well

think about it...no health system you can only get kills with supers you obtain by building meter

then you just hope you can catch them with it somehow ......I'm not dissing 1v1 but FFA is obviously the main attraction

Honestly, I'm thinking this was deliberate. This game would be broken 1v1. I just can't see it working.

I think, and hear me out, this could be an interesting game in the FGC, designed to succeed where Smash Bros. failed. It was a mistake to ever treat Melee like a 1v1 game. I'm no purist, but that game is just not deep enough 1v1. Especially with the "rules" imposed; No items, and Final Destination only. Pathetic.

However, Where -this- game could shine is 2v2. The super kill system, and extreme amount of wall bounces hint at this. It encourages teamwork in a way that SSB could only dream of. If this game could get picked apart, found not to be fundamentally broken, I think it could be a real treat watching duos duke it out at EVO.

Probably wishful thinking, but that's my 2 cents.
#75Exile71186(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 4:04:15 AM
Rikudo-Pein posted...

No there is not.. THE ONLY way to 1v1 is to invite a friend into a ffa game and start it with just you and him in there.

there is NO 1v1 matchmaking
#76Rikudo-PeinPosted 11/20/2012 4:13:05 AM(edited)
Exile71186 posted...
Rikudo-Pein posted...

No there is not.. THE ONLY way to 1v1 is to invite a friend into a ffa game and start it with just you and him in there.

Ok, no 1v1 matchmaking. But you can by inviting a friend. So there is still 1v1 then. Topic title say's 'no way to 1v1 AT ALL'

EDIT: Wait, I'm confused now.. So can we do 1v1 online (un-ranked) or not?
---
#77NightMareBunnyPosted 11/20/2012 4:11:19 AM
Redtoemonster posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
Exile71186 posted...
There is no matchmaking for 1v1... Its dumb...

Unranked is 2v2 and ffa ranked is ffa only.

Why showcase 1v1 on streams like ign if you can't seems fail to me

because the game isn't meant for 1v1 you can play 1v1 but it's not the favored mode and honestly i don't see 1v1 matchmaking turning out that well

think about it...no health system you can only get kills with supers you obtain by building meter

then you just hope you can catch them with it somehow ......I'm not dissing 1v1 but FFA is obviously the main attraction

Honestly, I'm thinking this was deliberate. This game would be broken 1v1. I just can't see it working.

I think, and hear me out, this could be an interesting game in the FGC, designed to succeed where Smash Bros. failed. It was a mistake to ever treat Melee like a 1v1 game. I'm no purist, but that game is just not deep enough 1v1. Especially with the "rules" imposed; No items, and Final Destination only. Pathetic.

However, Where -this- game could shine is 2v2. The super kill system, and extreme amount of wall bounces hint at this. It encourages teamwork in a way that SSB could only dream of. If this game could get picked apart, found not to be fundamentally broken, I think it could be a real treat watching duos duke it out at EVO.

Probably wishful thinking, but that's my 2 cents.

yeah....i think it was done on purpose as well since as you said the game would be broken in 1v1

the game's not built for 1v1 you can do it but it's not as fun as FFA/2v2 and it certainly doesn't work as well

the system itself was made for a FFA Game it doesn't work well for a 1v1 game

if this was a traditional fighting game with health bars then sure i can see it

but it's not and with the main objective set as whoever gets the most kills wins doesn't work properly in 1v1
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#78rumbalumbaPosted 11/20/2012 4:14:44 AM
Rikudo-Pein posted...
Exile71186 posted...
Rikudo-Pein posted...

Ok, no 1v1 matchmaking. But you can by inviting a friend. So there is still 1v1 then. Topic title say's 'no way to 1v1 AT ALL'

your head is so far up SuperBot's behind.

that's still not 1v1 anyway. that's like saying, "there is 2v2, but you have to add players through FFA and pretend that Players 1 and 2 are one team, and Players 3 and 4 are another team, and friendly fire is turned on. voila! it's 2v2!"

what TC's trying to say is that there's no 1v1 game mode, apart from that which you have to set up. imagine the nightmare of a 1v1 guy. he has to go through the hassle of setting up a simple 1v1 match (the simplest mode in this game, next to Practice) everytime he wants to play one.
#79Rikudo-PeinPosted 11/20/2012 4:21:38 AM
rumbalumba posted...
your head is so far up SuperBot's behind.

How? I'm all for a 1v1 mode. It should've been in, I already said so.

that's still not 1v1 anyway. that's like saying, "there is 2v2, but you have to add players through FFA and pretend that Players 1 and 2 are one team, and Players 3 and 4 are another team, and friendly fire is turned on. voila! it's 2v2!"

Wasn't it like that in the beta? where you had to invite a friend for 2v2.

what TC's trying to say is that there's no 1v1 game mode, apart from that which you have to set up. imagine the nightmare of a 1v1 guy. he has to go through the hassle of setting up a simple 1v1 match (the simplest mode in this game, next to Practice) everytime he wants to play one.

TBH I don't mind setting it up like that, if that's currently the only way.
---
#80kupo1705Posted 11/20/2012 4:26:00 AM
Rikudo-Pein posted...
TBH I don't mind setting it up like that, if that's currently the only way.

What if you just want to play 1 vs 1?
You can't do that. You have to find someone first.