wtf! no way to 1v1 at all

#81eightonesevenPosted 11/20/2012 4:27:50 AM
this kinda sucks.
#82Rikudo-PeinPosted 11/20/2012 4:29:21 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Rikudo-Pein posted...
TBH I don't mind setting it up like that, if that's currently the only way.

What if you just want to play 1 vs 1?
You can't do that. You have to find someone first.

Yeah that does suck.
---
PSN: theomm
"Mokuton Hijutsu: Jukai Kotan "
#83rumbalumbaPosted 11/20/2012 4:30:22 AM
Rikudo-Pein posted...
rumbalumba posted...
your head is so far up SuperBot's behind.

How? I'm all for a 1v1 mode. It should've been in, I already said so.

that's still not 1v1 anyway. that's like saying, "there is 2v2, but you have to add players through FFA and pretend that Players 1 and 2 are one team, and Players 3 and 4 are another team, and friendly fire is turned on. voila! it's 2v2!"

Wasn't it like that in the beta? where you had to invite a friend for 2v2.

what TC's trying to say is that there's no 1v1 game mode, apart from that which you have to set up. imagine the nightmare of a 1v1 guy. he has to go through the hassle of setting up a simple 1v1 match (the simplest mode in this game, next to Practice) everytime he wants to play one.

there's 2v2 unranked with a random player. not for 1v1.

again, as one guy said, 1v1 is not under the "Quick Play" menu (which is the menu for Unranked game modes). only 2v2 and FFA are there.

technically, 1v1 through Versus is still unranked. but still, you have to invite and add someone as a friend to be able to do 1v1. that's just utter bollocks. no need to go through the hassle of adding a friend and then inviting them just to play an unranked 1v1 game. the maximum number of PSN friends is 100. chances are most people have 50+ friends already. that means you can only play against 50 other people in a 1v1 unranked online game, and that is if they're online, if they're playing the same game, and even playing the same game mode. imagine that. is playing a standard 1v1 game with a stranger that hard to implement? it should be standard!
#84IcyFlamez96Posted 11/20/2012 4:31:41 AM
That's completely idiotic.

Come on Superbot you've got to be joking me....

After all of your talk about the competitive potential of this game, you don't add in a 1v1 mode???
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
# of times krat0s didn't appropriately update my K count: 20+ :'[
#85Rikudo-PeinPosted 11/20/2012 4:32:38 AM
rumbalumba posted...
Rikudo-Pein posted...
rumbalumba posted...
your head is so far up SuperBot's behind.

How? I'm all for a 1v1 mode. It should've been in, I already said so.

that's still not 1v1 anyway. that's like saying, "there is 2v2, but you have to add players through FFA and pretend that Players 1 and 2 are one team, and Players 3 and 4 are another team, and friendly fire is turned on. voila! it's 2v2!"

Wasn't it like that in the beta? where you had to invite a friend for 2v2.

what TC's trying to say is that there's no 1v1 game mode, apart from that which you have to set up. imagine the nightmare of a 1v1 guy. he has to go through the hassle of setting up a simple 1v1 match (the simplest mode in this game, next to Practice) everytime he wants to play one.

there's 2v2 unranked with a random player. not for 1v1.

again, as one guy said, 1v1 is not under the "Quick Play" menu (which is the menu for Unranked game modes). only 2v2 and FFA are there.

technically, 1v1 through Versus is still unranked. but still, you have to invite and add someone as a friend to be able to do 1v1. that's just utter bollocks. no need to go through the hassle of adding a friend and then inviting them just to play an unranked 1v1 game. the maximum number of PSN friends is 100. chances are most people have 50+ friends already. that means you can only play against 50 other people in a 1v1 unranked online game, and that is if they're online, if they're playing the same game, and even playing the same game mode. imagine that. is playing a standard 1v1 game with a stranger that hard to implement? it should be standard!

Oh ok, I think I get it now.
---
PSN: theomm
"Mokuton Hijutsu: Jukai Kotan "
#86ssjtrunk1Posted 11/20/2012 5:33:23 AM
so you are telling me that you do not have friends?
---
Today I have over 2100 karma. My number 1-718-581-3115
#87kupo1705Posted 11/20/2012 5:34:51 AM
ssjtrunk1 posted...
so you are telling me that you do not have friends?

Friends that are available 100% of the time?
No.
#88Sephiroth ClonePosted 11/20/2012 6:43:21 AM
ONOES HOW WILL I PRETEND THIS IS A FIGHTAN GAEM BY TURNING OFF ITEMS AND SPAMMING DOWN SQUARE ON A SINGLE PLANE STAGE
---
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl.
#89Tobi011Posted 11/20/2012 6:45:03 AM
ONOES HOW WILL I PRETEND THIS IS A FIGHTAN GAEM BY TURNING OFF ITEMS AND SPAMMING DOWN SQUARE ON A SINGLE PLANE STAGE

By turning off your Caps Lock.
#90Sephiroth ClonePosted 11/20/2012 6:47:38 AM
Tobi011 posted...

By turning off your Caps Lock.

People use caps lock? I prefer to hold left shift.
---
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl.