IGN Review Just Went Up!! 8.0/10

#51LTJpunkPosted 11/20/2012 12:32:12 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Wow you guys are seriously complaining about an 8? What the **** is wrong with you people? It got a good score. You got the reassurance you were so desperately looking for. Now go play your game.

Thing is, most people see an 8 as average. 5 should be average in theory, but most games get between an 7.5-9.0

This game is already a punchline. Now people are going to ignore it.

So IGN should artificially inflate their score because most people are stupid????
---
Feed Davey Richards to the Ryback!
#52LTJpunkPosted 11/20/2012 12:36:51 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Meh, they gave SFxT a 9 and that game was broken in so many ways. Even putting aside the on-disk DLC, SFxT didn't deserve anywhere near a 9.

Colin reviews Playstation All-Stars. Colin did not review Street Fighter x Tekken. This is not a fair comparison.

Then Greg Miller said "GIVE IT A 4 MAN, DON'T BE AFRAID" while stuffing his face full of cheetos.

Greg Miller likes the game.
---
#53laurenciumPosted 11/20/2012 12:49:19 PM
Remember though games don't start from a score of 10 and get points off for each flaw. I don't think they're saying "bad presentation, 2 points off". It's more like, having played the game extensively, they reckon that it's a great game. Perhaps not amazing or masterpiece tier, but better than good or mediocre. On their scale a great game is an 8, so that's why it got that score, which is a perfectly respectable one.
#54LTJpunkPosted 11/20/2012 12:57:07 PM
laurencium posted...
Remember though games don't start from a score of 10 and get points off for each flaw. I don't think they're saying "bad presentation, 2 points off". It's more like, having played the game extensively, they reckon that it's a great game. Perhaps not amazing or masterpiece tier, but better than good or mediocre. On their scale a great game is an 8, so that's why it got that score, which is a perfectly respectable one.

I'm guilty of doing this too, but it's really a waste of time to try to explain to internet kids how reviews work. It's just beating your head against a wall.
---
#55OtherSuperPhilPosted 11/20/2012 12:58:24 PM
pdizzles125 posted...
Janpei posted...
Not bad? An 8 out of 10 for a game many people have been skeptical about since its announcement? I'm excited as all hell now.

Yeah but to a lot of the review-reliant crowd, an 8.0 is average, regardless of how it says "Great" beside the 8.0

The review-reliant crowd are *insert flame here* then.
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com