This game is definitely better than Smash Bros in one huge way.

#11LukeStrife5Posted 11/21/2012 1:35:42 AM
It really isn't trolling. Smash has such a focus on ringing-out that it changes how you play. You basically focus on getting people to the edge of the ring and knocking them out (or hanging out around there then coming in for the knock out). Allstars focus on your super being the only way to score def makes the game more aggressive and less rewarding to turtles.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#12Edge4o7_Posted 11/21/2012 1:36:23 AM
I played 1v1 and 2v2, with the occasional FFA in every version of SSB. Combos were used in every mode/game. Even if 2 people are hitting the same person, still a combo imo. They are obviously less prevalent in FFA for obvious reasons, but they still exist, and are useful.
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#13RaRaillePosted 11/21/2012 1:37:23 AM
OP is right... but that's the ONLY way this is better than Smash lol
#14LukeStrife5Posted 11/21/2012 1:39:12 AM
ChiefCole posted...
There needs to be 1 vs 1 in this game!!!!!!

There is.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#15TrueKirbyPosted 11/23/2012 7:24:42 AM
I guess the Trials are kinda like Events.
---
They see me strollin' They hatin
#16TerotrousPosted 11/23/2012 7:34:23 AM
Yeah, that's not trolling. FFA is way better than in this game than Smash since you can't poach. The people who actually put in the work get the points, which is how it should be.

Obviously stock FFA is totally noncompetitive in any game (since it encourages you to just run away), and kill limit FFA probably is too (since it over-prioritizes getting kills over avoiding kills, which is unfair to some characters) but this game's time FFA is competitively viable.

Though, it comes with a tradeoff - this game's 1v1 is nowhere near as viable as Smash. The game was obviously balanced for FFA and it shows.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#17Knowledge_KingPosted 11/23/2012 9:33:07 AM
Terotrous posted...
Yeah, that's not trolling. FFA is way better than in this game than Smash since you can't poach. The people who actually put in the work get the points, which is how it should be.

Obviously stock FFA is totally noncompetitive in any game (since it encourages you to just run away), and kill limit FFA probably is too (since it over-prioritizes getting kills over avoiding kills, which is unfair to some characters) but this game's time FFA is competitively viable.

Though, it comes with a tradeoff - this game's 1v1 is nowhere near as viable as Smash. The game was obviously balanced for FFA and it shows.

See I disagree completely. The fact that you can do that in Smash makes it more versatile. You can be aggressive, passive, normal, counter, literally a runner, a manipulator, etc. In All stars you only have one choice. Get AP and then super. It kills the whole system of party fighter and real fighter to need a super just to kill someone.
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/intellectualquota
http://www.datpiff.com/Intellectual-Quota-Intellectual-World-mixtape.287780.html
#18Chilly82Posted 11/23/2012 9:34:54 AM
Edge4o7_ posted...
Ok

Throw me when I have 0% damage and see if I get back on the map with any character in any SSB game.
Play me without using any combos because there's no use for them, rather, just kick me out with single hits.

If he just said that in a FFA match, you could potentially play lame in a stock mode and get away with it if some how no one else in the match caught on and let you just shoot projectiles or something all match, ok. Everything else in the post is wrong.

What's the matter? Can't accept that your precious smash bros. has flaws?
#19IngSlayerPosted 11/23/2012 9:35:46 AM
...That's it?
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#20pixel378Posted 11/23/2012 9:40:14 AM
Edge4o7_ posted...
I played 1v1 and 2v2, with the occasional FFA in every version of SSB. Combos were used in every mode/game. Even if 2 people are hitting the same person, still a combo imo. They are obviously less prevalent in FFA for obvious reasons, but they still exist, and are useful.

Nobody combos in Smash except competitive players because you have to do ridiculous things to combo in smash because its not intended. This game fully intends for people to be able to combo and is not only within reach of players with immense skill.

Sure, some top of the line players might be able to combo under 40% (Less than half the match) but by and large comboing in Smash is out of reach for almost everybody. I have played melee, and Brawl extensively with other people and its almost exclusively reads and following up with another hit, no combos.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit