This game is definitely better than Smash Bros in one huge way.

#31pixel378Posted 11/23/2012 10:00:43 AM
boredomkiller99 posted...
N64 and melee smash were in general combo focused. Also N64 rewarded offense far more then defense. Putting your shield up in most situations was the same as trying to commit suicide.Also saying that combos as a whole were unintentional in smash is wrong or else they would not have had so much hit stun on moves that setup for combos or add ways to cancel or reduce lag after air attacks. Brawl is the only game that went out of it's way to not have combos and some still exist just usually in weird and odd situations. Please know what you are talking about before you make statements.

Except they weren't combo focused because it was on accident.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#32AlbedoXPosted 11/23/2012 10:01:17 AM
At the end of the day folks...both of them are party games.
#33blaze19_0XPosted 11/23/2012 10:03:53 AM(edited)
pixel378 posted...
boredomkiller99 posted...
N64 and melee smash were in general combo focused. Also N64 rewarded offense far more then defense. Putting your shield up in most situations was the same as trying to commit suicide.Also saying that combos as a whole were unintentional in smash is wrong or else they would not have had so much hit stun on moves that setup for combos or add ways to cancel or reduce lag after air attacks. Brawl is the only game that went out of it's way to not have combos and some still exist just usually in weird and odd situations. Please know what you are talking about before you make statements.

Except they weren't combo focused because it was on accident.

Did you know that the concept of combos was an accident to begin with?

The devs for SF (first fighting game to have true combos) accidentally implemented it in the game. It was a glitch they thought no one would discover. They obviously underestimated competitive players.

So whether if they were an accident or not is irrelevant. The point is they exist and always have existed. So Smash "has no combos" is an incorrect statement.
---
http://allstararena.com
Competitve Hub for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
#34boredomkiller99Posted 11/23/2012 10:10:29 AM
I like how your whole rebuttal was based on combos were an accident in the game. Even if we take this as truth it does not change the fact that offense is highly rewarded and many characters can rake up large amounts of damage or kill a person easily. This is especially true for N64 were ever character was capable of performing a combo that could take the opponent from 0% to death.
---
In the end the most important things are the basics.
#35ziur_orihPosted 11/23/2012 10:10:59 AM
AlbedoX posted...

Indeed. It's both amazing and absurd that individuals get worked up on such silly concepts.
---
You are not worthy of its POWER
#36TerotrousPosted 11/23/2012 10:13:17 AM
ziur_orih posted...
AlbedoX posted...

Indeed. It's both amazing and absurd that individuals get worked up on such silly concepts.

Yeah. Just like how Marvel 3 is also a party game that should not be taken seriously because it has no footsies and any hit leads to an inescapable 10 second combo that kills in one hit.

*thread immediately jumps to 500 posts*
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#37shinstrikePosted 11/23/2012 10:19:25 AM
I understand alot of people love smash bros. I do too. Its a wonderful series. But downsizing PSA? Sure its not exactly LIKE smash, i actually prefer it that way too. The people that compare the 2 are all like "lol you cant compare trash to smash bros." When in reality, they have no real attacks on PSA vs smash, other than the fact they did party fighting before/brand loyalty. One big thing, more than enouhg for me, is the simple fact the online for PSA is actually playable. I like both fighting systems personally and am very happy sony didnt rip off nintendo. If i wanna play ring outs i'll play smash bros. IF i wanna play a game that takes more combos and setting up to win , i'll play PSA. Point is, you have both so stop hating and enjoy the games.
---
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I Killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me !!!! I am Sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!" - Luca Blight
#38djmaster1994Posted 11/23/2012 10:22:44 AM
Ragnaknite posted...
The online is actually playable.

sure
this game has
Freezing Online =
Don't Spawn after being KO = NEVER happened in Brawl
Teleport Lag
RAGE QUITTERS
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#39AlbedoXPosted 11/23/2012 10:23:35 AM
Terotrous posted...

Yeah. Just like how Marvel 3 is also a party game that should not be taken seriously because it has no footsies and any hit leads to an inescapable 10 second combo that kills in one hit.

*thread immediately jumps to 500 posts*

Except you actually have to put in effort to achieve something in a game like marvel 3. You can't just jump into it and see positive results, unless you're playing in laggy online.
#40djmaster1994Posted 11/23/2012 10:23:40 AM
AlbedoX posted...

They are Fighting Games that are like Party Games and played at Parties.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!