So Sly is still pretty much the most OP character in the game, right?

#1ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/21/2012 9:37:47 PM
Just checking in to see if that's been a generally accepted fact, yet. If not, I'll check in later.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#2Leo_BlakenPosted 11/21/2012 9:43:14 PM(edited)
.... I have trouble killing him with Drake those damn electric attacks...also some of Drakes gun moves donīt hit him because of his size.__.
---
LOL at things in life
Hitbox!
#3lionhartwolfPosted 11/21/2012 9:42:08 PM
Leo_Blaken posted...
.... I have trouble killing him with Drake that damn electricity attacks...also some of Drakes gun moves donīt hit him because of his size.__.

Yeah they needed to think those rivals out better. Drake is just at a disadvantage all around. It was not fun beating Sly with Drake (well yeah it was but getting to the point where that happened was not)
#4ZeroGravity38Posted 11/21/2012 9:42:42 PM
Hold the block button = win
---
PSN: ZeroGravity38
SSBB FC:1679-1467-0742
#5NnamzPosted 11/21/2012 9:45:48 PM
No. He just has the best Supers. The dude can't block or dodge. This makes many resets impossible against other characters, possible against Sly. For example, knocking Sly down then waiting for him to get up and doing a level 1 with Raiden is a guaranteed K.O on him since he can't dodge. Also, Parapa's yoyo into his level 1, which you can dodge with any other character, you can't dodge with Sly. Kratos >+square is easily blockable, but Sly can't block it so he's fodder to that move. It's really hard to build AP with him because he's going to take more abuse than dish out unless it's 2v2 and you have an amazing partner (or unless of course you're playing against a bunch of crap players).

That said, again, he has the best supers. His Level 1 is so fast and can get 3 kills easy (better than Kratos' since it doesn't put him in danger when using it). His level 2, while not as good as Parapa's, can still easily get 4 kills. His level 3 is a guaranteed 6 kills pretty much in many circumstances.

He's high tier for his supers, but probably not top from what I can gather. Doesn't help that he gets absolutely bodied by Parapa and Kratos at an equal skill level.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#6NnamzPosted 11/21/2012 9:47:20 PM
Also, Drake has plenty of things to contend with Sly. Stop using the Magnum. That's his only move that whiffs on him. Use the AK47. It builds more AP anyway and is more versatile. Also, use the barrel.
---
#7Arken101Posted 11/21/2012 9:50:02 PM
lionhartwolf posted...
Leo_Blaken posted...
.... I have trouble killing him with Drake that damn electricity attacks...also some of Drakes gun moves donīt hit him because of his size.__.

Yeah they needed to think those rivals out better. Drake is just at a disadvantage all around. It was not fun beating Sly with Drake (well yeah it was but getting to the point where that happened was not)

Play the Big Daddy/Sackboy matchup then come tell me the rivals don't make sense.
---
Dota2 is mai waifu
#8Leo_BlakenPosted 11/21/2012 9:51:01 PM
Nnamz posted...
Also, Drake has plenty of things to contend with Sly. Stop using the Magnum. That's his only move that whiffs on him. Use the AK47. It builds more AP anyway and is more versatile. Also, use the barrel.

Is there a way to combo the explosion with the barrel?

Maybe something like air barrel--ak run?
---
LOL at things in life
Hitbox!
#9NnamzPosted 11/21/2012 10:13:23 PM
Leo_Blaken posted...
Nnamz posted...

Is there a way to combo the explosion with the barrel?

Maybe something like air barrel--ak run?

It would be very situational and would depend on distance. It certainly can't be done from point blank, since the barrel takes too long to explode. I've done a barrel kick from long range, connected, then connected with a magnum shot as the barrel was exploding, both hitting him. But it was very lucky and situational.
---
#10flame030191Posted 11/21/2012 10:14:21 PM
I have no trouble killing Sly as Kratos.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.