Fat Princess story is very offensive to us girl gamers (SPOILERS)

#31HankHill4SSB4Posted 11/22/2012 2:52:48 PM
Gotdangit, Trivio...
#32I_Wanna_CookiePosted 11/22/2012 2:54:43 PM
ahem

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64700012
---
I'm handsome.
#33DHG_SweepPosted 11/22/2012 3:07:21 PM
Trivio posted...
So she used to be a beautiful princess? Okay for one, why must all princesses be beautiful? Why not just a normal decent looking girl, why must women always be considered "beautiful" and if we are not beautiful, we arent decent looking... nooo we are ugly then.

Someone called you ugly.

She is addicted to cake and her only reason for going on an adventure is to find cake and eat all of it and she is fat (mocking pregnant women anyone?).

Someone called you fat.

At the ending she gained some sort of weird power after fighting and eating cake, you could obviouslty see all the characters looking perverted to her, because she is a girl... girls arent just eyecandy.

You must actually be fat.

Im a girl gamer and im offended by this whole character, her ending and start are horrible, why does a girl need protection from her minions? Why cant she fight alone?

Sucks having no friends.

Offended girl gamer.

Get over it.
#34P JayPosted 11/22/2012 3:38:26 PM
I'm more offended at the portrayal of rapping dogs in this game. Not all rappers, or dogs fight everything to the death just to accomplish some trivial goal!
I'm not a dog... or rapper, or have any dog... but I might know a few people who rap and I bet they would be as offended as I am.
---
I don't need to "get a life!" I'm a gamer! I have many lives!
(>'_')> [Beware of the duckling crossing!]
#35_NeroZero_Posted 11/22/2012 4:25:01 PM
Aaalright, let me explain a few things first, dear TC.

First, your missed the whole Fat Princess sotryline. She is not *obsessed* with cake - it's just that on her original game, available at PSN, two teams - composed of 16 players each - has to battle in a cartoony world with great loads of blood and gore to capture the enemy princess and take her to their own base. And there were the Cake Pieces. Feeding your Princess would cause them to get fatter and fatter, which was actually useful to give enemies a much harder time taking them back to their base.

As for why we think that all female game characters must be either beautiful or terrible, I personally think that there are lots of "standard" girls out there in virtual worlds. Few are the ones that I myself would consider really beautiful. But I agree that the Fat Princess stuff is quite over-the-top as female lead.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
Official Tofu of the Resident Evil 6 boards!
#36Omega_Zero_XPPosted 11/22/2012 4:32:09 PM
*sees this on Gfaqs front page.*
*predicts its another trivial Trivio post*
*clicks*
*is not dissappoint.*
---
America is the best country in the world but that's the equivalent of being the prettiest waitress at Denny's. - Lionheart Master
#37Providence53Posted 11/22/2012 4:55:02 PM
DiAbEeEtUs.
#38EchidneysPosted 11/22/2012 5:08:51 PM
Nobody cares about what girls think.
---
PSN: Echidneys // 3DS: 4468 - 1242 - 8413
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
#39Zen_ZarabPosted 11/22/2012 5:32:03 PM
Anyone seen te movie Gamer? Remember the guy who controls GB's wife? That's TC.
---
http://tinyurl.com/cqbr3ld
http://tinyurl.com/8w2apgs
#40eragonman9Posted 11/22/2012 5:39:45 PM
Every topic TC makes "she" insists that "she" is female.
---
*poke*
*jiggle*