This game makes Brawl look like a masterpiece.

#61fEARtHEgOOCHPosted 11/22/2012 7:52:28 PM
too much button mashing? not only do you do that in Smash Bros, too, but also generally in all fighting games.

why do Smash Bros. fanboys continue to bash this game? aside from the overall concept, they're nothing alike, and not to mention, Melee and Brawl were sequels while this game is the first in a potential series. i've said this many times before, if this game does well commercially, SuperBot will most likely create a sequel, and improve on this game the way Melee improved the original Smash Bros. i personally enjoy this game (especially the multiplayer, which can give an adrenaline rush on some occasions), though i admit that i wish there was more content, so may fans of the game pray for a sequel or DLC that adds game modes

I agree with the second part, but not so much with the first... Button mashing in fighting games will work if both players are equally skilled (or unskilled as it may be), as well as against the AI. Against a decent player, button mashing is almost as bad as spamming a punch or jumping in games like SF, KoF, BB, etc. It won't get you very far.

I have never considered Smash, Powerstone, or PS ASBR as fighting games in the typical sense. That is not to say I didn't like them, but it is a completely different experience. The sheer randomness in stages alone is something not seen in recent fighters, and the timing is much more strict in a game like KoF/VF. Different strokes for different folks, but I see no reason why the two games cannot coexist. And yes, I bought a Wii solely (at the time) for SSB.
---
Currently Playing: League of Legends
#62flame030191Posted 11/22/2012 7:53:36 PM
indigna7ion posted...
TC has been trolling this board for weeks. This is a troll topic. They should ban him from PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale board.

He trolls literally EVERYTHING, not just this.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#63IcyFlamez96Posted 11/22/2012 7:53:55 PM
Brawl is better than melee :)
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#64Reaper_Chris92Posted 11/22/2012 7:54:24 PM
The_Djoker posted...
I know it's a first time for many sony fans with these sort of fighting games but honestly, I couldn't play it for more than an hour and 3 of the matches I had was with friends so i stuck with it, I did however play the beta and play it at events..i didn't like it then but thought i'd give the final product a go.. Far too much button mashing and a lot of the characters are slow. Stages are also not that great. Good thing I rented it...I got the Vita version for free hahahaha. But still. 6/10 at best. Also the single player options are rubbish, menu system is also awful. Doesn't have an epic theme like brawl either.

I don't think you played super Smash Bros period if you are complaining about button mashing.... 1/10
#65flame030191Posted 11/22/2012 7:55:14 PM
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
I know it's a first time for many sony fans with these sort of fighting games but honestly, I couldn't play it for more than an hour and 3 of the matches I had was with friends so i stuck with it, I did however play the beta and play it at events..i didn't like it then but thought i'd give the final product a go.. Far too much button mashing and a lot of the characters are slow. Stages are also not that great. Good thing I rented it...I got the Vita version for free hahahaha. But still. 6/10 at best. Also the single player options are rubbish, menu system is also awful. Doesn't have an epic theme like brawl either.

I don't think you played super Smash Bros period if you are complaining about button mashing.... 1/10

Thank you! Someone who realizes that Smash Bros is no less of a button masher than this.
---
#66DirgeOfTheRavenPosted 11/22/2012 7:57:39 PM
Melee is the masterpiece.
All-Stars is a damn masterpiece in its own way as well though.
#67sheimi12Posted 11/22/2012 7:57:53 PM
flame030191 posted...
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Thank you! Someone who realizes that Smash Bros is no less of a button masher than this.

Dante is alone is mashier than the entirety of brawl
---
brawl FC:3824-8827-5872
MH tri name: Marth ID:XPDB9H
#68flame030191Posted 11/22/2012 8:13:29 PM
sheimi12 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Dante is alone is mashier than the entirety of brawl

I haven't played as him yet but I highly doubt he requires button mashing to any degree of Sonic did. His moves were so ineffective without mashing the button it wasn't even funny.
---
#69Parukia256Posted 11/22/2012 8:15:11 PM
DirgeOfTheRaven posted...
Melee is the masterpiece.
All-Stars is a damn masterpiece in its own way as well though.

I'd say it's an accidental masterpiece like Marvel 2. (Melee)
---
Love like winter.
#70Rubix91Posted 11/22/2012 8:20:45 PM
First time on this board and I see this. :/