This game makes Brawl look like a masterpiece.

#71mgs_4life5150Posted 11/22/2012 9:35:51 PM
Gamenamebully posted...
You're treating this game like it's universally hated like Superman 64 or ET.

It's quite good. I like it. Does that make me a bad person for liking the game? For having that opinion?

but i actually like superman 64 i was really good at it, but that doesn't say much for e i liked the iron man games and they were voted worst games ever made next to et
---
hitman 5 wasn't god like it should have been games are dead to me, but it is a really good game go buy it & maybe they will get it right 5 years from now
#72sheimi12Posted 11/22/2012 9:45:10 PM
flame030191 posted...
sheimi12 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Reaper_Chris92 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
I know it's a first time for many sony fans with these sort of fighting games but honestly, I couldn't play it for more than an hour and 3 of the matches I had was with friends so i stuck with it, I did however play the beta and play it at events..i didn't like it then but thought i'd give the final product a go.. Far too much button mashing and a lot of the characters are slow. Stages are also not that great. Good thing I rented it...I got the Vita version for free hahahaha. But still. 6/10 at best. Also the single player options are rubbish, menu system is also awful. Doesn't have an epic theme like brawl either.

I don't think you played super Smash Bros period if you are complaining about button mashing.... 1/10

Thank you! Someone who realizes that Smash Bros is no less of a button masher than this.

Dante is alone is mashier than the entirety of brawl

I haven't played as him yet but I highly doubt he requires button mashing to any degree of Sonic did. His moves were so ineffective without mashing the button it wasn't even funny.

Sonic? Seriously? While he may be an awful character he was not mashy

Short hop Fair was decent, space your up smashes better, and if you do his Dair from high enough (peak of the up B) it gets zero recovery frames that might catch the unaware off guard

Also save your foward smash for when it counts its your only kill move and you don't want to hit degrade it

I didn't play much sonic but he isn't that hard
---
brawl FC:3824-8827-5872
MH tri name: Marth ID:XPDB9H
#73Reaper_Chris92Posted 11/22/2012 9:50:46 PM
flame030191 posted...
indigna7ion posted...
TC has been trolling this board for weeks. This is a troll topic. They should ban him from PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale board.

He trolls literally EVERYTHING, not just this.

I wouldn't count on them banning him. Whoever heard of Moderators doing their job properly?
#74Unbridled9Posted 11/22/2012 10:34:21 PM
shnickshnick posted...
The_Djoker posted...
I know it's a first time for many sony fans with these sort of fighting games but honestly, I couldn't play it for more than an hour and 3 of the matches I had was with friends so i stuck with it, I did however play the beta and play it at events..i didn't like it then but thought i'd give the final product a go.. Far too much button mashing and a lot of the characters are slow. Stages are also not that great. Good thing I rented it...I got the Vita version for free hahahaha. But still. 6/10 at best. Also the single player options are rubbish, menu system is also awful. Doesn't have an epic theme like brawl either.

too much button mashing? not only do you do that in Smash Bros, too, but also generally in all fighting games.

why do Smash Bros. fanboys continue to bash this game? aside from the overall concept, they're nothing alike, and not to mention, Melee and Brawl were sequels while this game is the first in a potential series. i've said this many times before, if this game does well commercially, SuperBot will most likely create a sequel, and improve on this game the way Melee improved the original Smash Bros. i personally enjoy this game (especially the multiplayer, which can give an adrenaline rush on some occasions), though i admit that i wish there was more content, so may fans of the game pray for a sequel or DLC that adds game modes

I can only guess, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the PSASBR (you really need a better nickname) fans insist that it's NOT similar to the SSB series. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that both are four-player, 2D, fighting games focused around FFA fighting and such. The only REAL difference mechanically is in how a kill is obtained. But you know what?

If PSASBR fans just owed up to it and then focused on finding ways to make themselves distinct, things would change. I'm not joking or trolling here. Look at fighting games. Tekken, StreetFighter, DoA, and such are ALL 2-D fighting games with VERY similar mechanics. You could argue that any one of them is a copy of another one... but all of them have managed to find their distinct focus and worlds. That's what PSASBR needs to do. It's trying to capture the feel of brawl, so it should owe up to that, and THEN go out from there!
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#75MASAFUMI_Posted 11/22/2012 10:44:32 PM
I think this game is fun. I like the party-fighting genre so the more the merrier.

I wouldn't compare it to brawl though. If I did, I'd say I enjoy Brawl and Melee more than I do this game, but PSABR is a good game.

My only complaint is the menus. It looks so... clinical. But it's just a nitpick.
---
PSN: arunivillage
GT: BroodierEel
#76Pinoy441Posted 11/22/2012 10:48:16 PM
Echidneys posted...
Pinoy441 posted...
The_Djoker posted...
How do people fall into troll traps so easily?. Look at how Gore replied and TC didn't even bother cause he knew he couldn't get a reaction out of him.

Yes because my intention was to troll. I didn't like this game deal with it.

Then why are you still here ranting?

That should be for a blog not a message board

But if he were in favor of your opinion, it would be allowed here, because you would allow it to be here, because you rule the forums and tell people where they can and cannot write stuff.

Actually, no because it's still considered blogging if all he does is praise or rant the game in a topic

Which means its not a discussion its just a blog type post

Try again
---
*grabs popcorn*
#77NnamzPosted 11/23/2012 12:40:47 PM
sheimi12 posted...

Learn to play the game. If you mash with Dante you'd get spanked by any player who knows proper combos with any character.

This game is extremely combo oriented, especially compared to Brawl. There's nothing mashy about it unless you suck at the game.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#78Lorenzo_2003Posted 11/23/2012 1:37:53 PM
Unbridled9 posted...

If PSASBR fans just owed up to it and then focused on finding ways to make themselves distinct, things would change. I'm not joking or trolling here. Look at fighting games. Tekken, StreetFighter, DoA, and such are ALL 2-D fighting games with VERY similar mechanics.

Tekken and DoA are definitely NOT 2-D fighting games. The characters are made with 3-D models and the settings/maps are all 3-D environments that allow movement toward and away from the foreground. This does help differentiate these games from actual 2-D games like KOF XIII and Skullgirls.

I do agree that they have similar mechanics, though.

Btw, it's "owned up to," not "owed up to."
#79sheimi12Posted 11/23/2012 3:05:45 PM
Nnamz posted...
sheimi12 posted...

Learn to play the game. If you mash with Dante you'd get spanked by any player who knows proper combos with any character.

This game is extremely combo oriented, especially compared to Brawl. There's nothing mashy about it unless you suck at the game.

I figured a such considering the recovery time on his attacks

I think we all know that mashing never works against good players I shouldn't have to say that

I was talking more about the overall vibe you get

On the subject of combos I have an honest question are the more damaging ones easy to initiate? Like compare to soul calibur and how hard it is to land a launcher that leads into so good damage

Like if you have big damage (meter building I guess...) on your basic or more basic attacks
---
brawl FC:3824-8827-5872
MH tri name: Marth ID:XPDB9H
#80cmdrdreddPosted 11/23/2012 3:15:15 PM
Unbridled9 posted...
shnickshnick posted...
The_Djoker posted...

too much button mashing? not only do you do that in Smash Bros, too, but also generally in all fighting games.

why do Smash Bros. fanboys continue to bash this game? aside from the overall concept, they're nothing alike, and not to mention, Melee and Brawl were sequels while this game is the first in a potential series. i've said this many times before, if this game does well commercially, SuperBot will most likely create a sequel, and improve on this game the way Melee improved the original Smash Bros. i personally enjoy this game (especially the multiplayer, which can give an adrenaline rush on some occasions), though i admit that i wish there was more content, so may fans of the game pray for a sequel or DLC that adds game modes

I can only guess, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the PSASBR (you really need a better nickname) fans insist that it's NOT similar to the SSB series. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that both are four-player, 2D, fighting games focused around FFA fighting and such. The only REAL difference mechanically is in how a kill is obtained. But you know what?

If PSASBR fans just owed up to it and then focused on finding ways to make themselves distinct, things would change. I'm not joking or trolling here. Look at fighting games. Tekken, StreetFighter, DoA, and such are ALL 2-D fighting games with VERY similar mechanics. You could argue that any one of them is a copy of another one... but all of them have managed to find their distinct focus and worlds. That's what PSASBR needs to do. It's trying to capture the feel of brawl, so it should owe up to that, and THEN go out from there!

Wait, wait...no... Tekken is a 3D fighter on a 2D plane. DoA is 3D on a 3D plain and no...there is NOTHING similar between Street Fighter and DoA. That proves you have no clue about fighting games at all and are not qualified to even speak about them. You're probably a typical Smash Bros Nintendo fanboy who wets himself on 2D mario.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf