This game makes Brawl look like a masterpiece.

#81NnamzPosted 11/23/2012 4:09:24 PM
sheimi12 posted...
I was talking more about the overall vibe you get

I never got that vibe. The first thing I did was go into the tutorials and learn my characters B&B combos, then go into training mode and invent larger combos I'm comfortable with.

On the subject of combos I have an honest question are the more damaging ones easy to initiate? Like compare to soul calibur and how hard it is to land a launcher that leads into so good damage

Like if you have big damage (meter building I guess...) on your basic or more basic attacks

Landing the launchers is no harder than landing a move, since so many moves lead to combos.

Take Drake for example. He can combo off of 8 of his moves. Having the timing to execute to combo after is the only part which can be tricky (depending on the combo), but it shouldn't be too bad, especially compared to most fighters.

Again, I have no problem with people disliking the game. The single player is lacking, the presentation really needs work, character balance (at least early on) seems to be an issue, and the stages are a bit TOO interactive. But calling it button mashy is just wrong. Each character has a ton of combos you can chain together and simply going into the tutorial proves it by giving you a tiny fraction of the potential of each character. Mashing prevents this, and will get you destroyed online even now.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#82NnamzPosted 11/23/2012 4:10:38 PM
cmdrdredd posted...

Wait, wait...no... Tekken is a 3D fighter on a 2D plane. DoA is 3D on a 3D plain and no...there is NOTHING similar between Street Fighter and DoA. That proves you have no clue about fighting games at all and are not qualified to even speak about them. You're probably a typical Smash Bros Nintendo fanboy who wets himself on 2D mario.

lmao
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#83cmdrdreddPosted 11/23/2012 4:18:05 PM
Nnamz posted...
cmdrdredd posted...

Wait, wait...no... Tekken is a 3D fighter on a 2D plane. DoA is 3D on a 3D plain and no...there is NOTHING similar between Street Fighter and DoA. That proves you have no clue about fighting games at all and are not qualified to even speak about them. You're probably a typical Smash Bros Nintendo fanboy who wets himself on 2D mario.

lmao

Yeah apart from sidestepping, nobody moves side to side in a circle like Virtua Fighter or DoA.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#84sheimi12Posted 11/23/2012 4:18:13 PM
Nnamz posted...
sheimi12 posted...
I was talking more about the overall vibe you get

I never got that vibe. The first thing I did was go into the tutorials and learn my characters B&B combos, then go into training mode and invent larger combos I'm comfortable with.

On the subject of combos I have an honest question are the more damaging ones easy to initiate? Like compare to soul calibur and how hard it is to land a launcher that leads into so good damage

Like if you have big damage (meter building I guess...) on your basic or more basic attacks

Landing the launchers is no harder than landing a move, since so many moves lead to combos.

Take Drake for example. He can combo off of 8 of his moves. Having the timing to execute to combo after is the only part which can be tricky (depending on the combo), but it shouldn't be too bad, especially compared to most fighters.

Again, I have no problem with people disliking the game. The single player is lacking, the presentation really needs work, character balance (at least early on) seems to be an issue, and the stages are a bit TOO interactive. But calling it button mashy is just wrong. Each character has a ton of combos you can chain together and simply going into the tutorial proves it by giving you a tiny fraction of the potential of each character. Mashing prevents this, and will get you destroyed online even now.

Ah alright thanks

Yeah it seems like nothing about this game is appealing to me if that's how combos work... I really wish my friend didn't talk me into buying it

Oh well
---
brawl FC:3824-8827-5872
MH tri name: Marth ID:XPDB9H
#85punnettPosted 11/23/2012 5:55:41 PM
Objectively speaking, Melee (as well as SSMB: 64) had a high skill cap and steep learning curve if you wanted to get into the meta-game what with wave dashes, L-cancels, short hops, fast falls, techs, etc. I understand that a lot of these things weren't intended in the programming and such, but it allowed for an extremely deep and competitive level of gameplay. Sure, you can 'like' Brawl and PSASBR better for any assortment of reasons, but in terms of game play depth, PSASBR is comparatively a rather shallow game, very much like Brawl is as well.

I mean, if you're just looking to have a casual good time, I'm sure PSASBR is fun. But it's sort of like how once you go black you don't go back. If you've played Melee even semi-competitively (and I'm pretty sure these people are in the minority), Brawl and PSASBR will verily be a disappointment.

I personally don't think PSASBR or Brawl are that great so I understand where the TC is coming from.

A lot of people don't play games solely for fun. There's competition, emotional fulfillment via. accomplishing something difficult, etc. etc. etc. I think a large amount of people who play counter strike don't necessarily find the game fun on its own, but find that doing well and owning emotionally fulfilling.

I think Melee is sort of like that. Anyway, yea. This game ain't that great. Just wait for the reviews to roll out. The Melee reviews on GFAQS are all like 9's and 10's lol.
---
FC: 4425-5121-3903 Name: Andy Town:Town
#86DTrunks12Posted 11/24/2012 3:59:27 PM
I enjoy Counter Strike =[.

I like starting out with just a pistol and using the guns of my enemies.

Makes being stealthy an absolute must. Makes me feel like Solid Snake.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 0130 - 1456 - 9774
#87Unbridled9Posted 11/24/2012 9:55:16 PM
cmdrdredd posted...
Nnamz posted...
cmdrdredd posted...

lmao

Yeah apart from sidestepping, nobody moves side to side in a circle like Virtua Fighter or DoA.

Both are fighting games that are largely focused on fistfighting. LE GASP! SOMETHING SIMILAR!

Let me guess? Medal of Honor and Call of Duty have nothing in common either as they're '100% different games'?

This is the attitude you need to drop if you want your game to end up finding its niche. Even a filthy mutt can notice how similar the the two games are. Mayhap I overestimated the posters on this board though? I gave you too much favor in regards to your intellect?
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#88PielordXPosted 11/24/2012 9:56:00 PM
DTrunks12 posted...
I enjoy Counter Strike =[.

I like starting out with just a pistol and using the guns of my enemies.

Makes being stealthy an absolute must. Makes me feel like Solid Snake.

Why did you revive this?
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass