Someone offer me in depths honest details and convince me to buy this!!

#1FS_HUNKPosted 11/22/2012 5:52:58 PM
Much appreciated in advance. To start off I am an avid SSB players and this is obvious far from the same game. When this was first announced I was pretty stoked, (unlike most other fanboys). But as far as mechanics, is it competitive in a slight way? Do 1vs1 take skill and is it chaotic fun with a decent amount of level variation and characters. I'm not being overly cynical about this I would just like to hear from those who own it how it holds up to Super Smash in terms of capably competitive and chaotic fun and diversity as well as reply value. Basically your own little review of it and things you liked and disliked :}
thanks again!
---
"The butt kill is instant and if anything that should be removed." - Klobzi
PSN: WickedMeditation
#2marceloxlrPosted 11/22/2012 6:01:00 PM(edited)
-Good amount of characters, each with it's own unique style.

-Easy to start, hard to master gameplay with a pretty solid learning curve(also, it has a pretty good tutorial and practice mode).

-unlike SSB this game is more focused on combos and specials.

-Awesome online.

-Good amount of stuff to do offline like challenges.

The game can get pretty competitive as the other players start to master the characters. Also, the chaotic fun in this game is god like, i've never played online for so long in a fighting game...2 vs 2 is the best mode IMO, but 1 vs 1 is also fun in it's own way.

Get it.
---
"...Because inside people's memories, i can live forever."
-Axel
#3xXDemonKillRxXPosted 11/22/2012 6:01:06 PM
1v1 is fun but there is no online 1v1 mode. pretty big flaw there.

online ranked play is timed instead of stock so not very competitive, and you never get that "tense"feeling where youre trying to survive. or where it boils down to two players left

roster is pretty bad,mostly furry pandering stuff like sly ratchet jak parappa etc.

cant really be compared to smash bros, this is more a hollow shell of a game.. maybe play the sequel, or check back in a year after we get some dlc...idk
#4FS_HUNK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 6:11:49 PM
Mooooore! Bump
---
#5TheExiled280Posted 11/22/2012 6:29:26 PM(edited)
Pros

- Fast and Intense gameplay in FFA, 2v2 & 1v1
- Fighting system is based around using Supers to get kills
- Supers are flashy and very unique
- 20 Characters each with their own unique and interesting playstyle. No clones.
- Mostly smooth and fluid online matches provided your internet is good (low connections cause so lag and DCing)
- Stages are awesome and have great music
- Solid amount of Single Player Content
- Extremely Easy Platinum
- Ranking resets after 2 weeks but titles earned remain
- 2 DLC Characters announced and will be FREE for 2 weeks after they Launch
- PS3 version nets you a free download of the Vita game which is identical to the PS3 version so if you have a Vita or decide to buy in the future its there and is only 1.6GB
- Great for pick up and play. especially if you own the Vita version
- Control is easy to learn and not complicated
- Rival Scenes and Final Boss was entertaining for me
- Lots to unlock

Cons

- No Ranked 1v1 (You clan 1v1 online but you must invite friends to Versus Mode. no matchmaking)
- Roster is missing some key PS icons such as Cloud, Crash, etc. Doesn't affect the gameplay but some people like whine about
- Apparently the "Menus are bland" and that is important
- Completely different from Smash so since you are a SSB player you may not like the differences. I was completely the opposite. Smash was meh for me and only played with friends. Love PSASBR
---
New Little King Story English Trailer:
http://youtu.be/6Ce9c0wH3UE
#6IcyFlamez96Posted 11/22/2012 6:28:01 PM
Not much content but dumb fun gameplay.

I'm sure Superbot will patch in a 1v1 mode so don't worry about that.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#7PirateKing290Posted 11/22/2012 6:41:40 PM
xXDemonKillRxX posted...
1v1 is fun but there is no online 1v1 mode. pretty big flaw there.

online ranked play is timed instead of stock so not very competitive, and you never get that "tense"feeling where youre trying to survive. or where it boils down to two players left

roster is pretty bad,mostly furry pandering stuff like sly ratchet jak parappa etc.

cant really be compared to smash bros, this is more a hollow shell of a game.. maybe play the sequel, or check back in a year after we get some dlc...idk

Let me reiterate that there IS online 1v1, but not random or ranked. Add people from the board and youll be fine.

Also they might add random down the line.
---
Currently Let's Playing Playing on Youtube: Pokemon Volt White Nuzlocke, DBZ RB2, Paper Mario TTYD
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#8FS_HUNK(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2012 6:58:33 PM
Sounds promising so far! :o
---