20 playable characters in the first game is not enough? LOL

#21IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/23/2012 1:19:36 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
Am I back 15 years in the past?

And you have to take into account they made each character from scratch on a limited budget.

Yeps. Kratos was a character created for this game. A completely new character...

Name a new fighting game IP that has over 20 chars in its first game

Go ahead i'll wait while you google some obscure game nobodies heard of and claim that it was good.

Marvel vs. Capcom. I hope this game isn't too obscure.

Neither a new IP, nor from a new studio.

Try again.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#22ToroStationMeow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 1:19:45 AM

And you have to take into account they made each character from scratch on a limited budget.

Yeps. Kratos was a character created for this game. A completely new character...

Go ahead i'll wait while you google some obscure game nobodies heard of and claim that it was good.

Marvel vs Capcom.
Sequel to Marvel Super Heroes vs Street fighter.
Sequel to X-Men vs Street Fighter.
---
USA PSN: KSaku22 JP PSN: Cirno9Ice9Fairy (god I wish I could change names on PSN)
Fav PSASBR character: Toro
#23LuminescentRulePosted 11/23/2012 1:20:26 AM

Neither a new IP, nor from a new studio.

Try again.

What was it a sequel of?
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#24LuminescentRulePosted 11/23/2012 1:21:05 AM

Marvel vs Capcom.
Sequel to Marvel Super Heroes vs Street fighter.
Sequel to X-Men vs Street Fighter.

Different name - so a new IP. That's what I got from this board - that PSASBR is a new IP. So is MvC.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#25OneInchPokePosted 11/23/2012 1:22:40 AM

Marvel vs Capcom wasn't the first in the series. It was X-men vs Street fighter which had 17 characters.
#26KevoCSCSPosted 11/23/2012 1:24:09 AM
Fighting games need to stop compensating for their lack of quality and good ideas by just giving us rosters the sizes of small armies.
#27rumbalumbaPosted 11/23/2012 1:25:14 AM
what a sorry excuse.

no dev should go into a project with a mindset of, "oh it's only the first game, therefore only 20 characters would suffice."

that is such an irresponsible way of doing things. having not completed a project and is already looking at the sequel? shouldn't devs strive to get as much content as they can on disc? SuperBot has repeatedly said they would pack in as much content as possible, yet here we are and the game lacks game modes, characters, a decent story mode, etc. the unlocks are useless, even the minions serve no purpose whatsoever.

yeah, the first in the series. such a cop-out.
#28ToroStationMeow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 1:26:20 AM
Different name - so a new IP. That's what I got from this board - that PSASBR is a new IP. So is MvC.

Capcom lumps all those games as being part of the Marvel vs series. They might not all be called Marvel vs Capcom but Capcom's word on that subject would be like God's word on the Bible, if you know what I'm saying.
---
USA PSN: KSaku22 JP PSN: Cirno9Ice9Fairy (god I wish I could change names on PSN)
Fav PSASBR character: Toro
#29IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/23/2012 1:26:25 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_vs._Capcom_(series)#section_1

Seriously, try again.

Also, not a brand new studio.

And you still haven't acknowledged the fact that vanilla IV has LESS playable characters than this game. And it's *technically* the 4th game in the series.

Try again.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#30AleinAtrydaPosted 11/23/2012 1:46:35 AM
Even King of Fighters XII had bigger roster than that - 22 on consoles. And that game was greatly criticized for having small roster. Before you say "it was 12th game in series" remember they did total redraw of all sprites, with amazing number of animation frames, which alone was probably more work than put in each of the characters in All-Stars. Also KOF is made by SNK, which surely has less funding than Sony can afford.
---
PSN: TheAreinu (BFBC2, BlazBlue, LBP, Wipeout HD)