20 playable characters in the first game is not enough? LOL

#31ToroStationMeow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 2:49:41 AM
AleinAtryda posted...
Even King of Fighters XII had bigger roster than that - 22 on consoles. And that game was greatly criticized for having small roster. Before you say "it was 12th game in series" remember they did total redraw of all sprites, with amazing number of animation frames, which alone was probably more work than put in each of the characters in All-Stars. Also KOF is made by SNK, which surely has less funding than Sony can afford.

22 is closer to 20 than 25 or 30.
---
USA PSN: KSaku22 JP PSN: Cirno9Ice9Fairy (god I wish I could change names on PSN)
Fav PSASBR character: Toro
#32SSBR10Posted 11/23/2012 2:54:29 AM
20 characters is decent enough, especially when you consider how all of the characters are unique.

Anybody hating on that is just obviously trolling.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#33LuminescentRulePosted 11/23/2012 3:02:23 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
Am I back 15 years in the past?

And you have to take into account they made each character from scratch on a limited budget.

Yeps. Kratos was a character created for this game. A completely new character...

Name a new fighting game IP that has over 20 chars in its first game

Go ahead i'll wait while you google some obscure game nobodies heard of and claim that it was good.

Marvel vs. Capcom. I hope this game isn't too obscure.

Marvel vs Capcom wasn't the first in the series. It was X-men vs Street fighter which had 17 characters.

Hey, don't look at me - this board told me that new name = new IP.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#34christiankid7Posted 11/23/2012 3:05:05 AM
Am I back 15 years in the past?

And you have to take into account they made each character from scratch on a limited budget.

Yeps. Kratos was a character created for this game. A completely new character...

Name a new fighting game IP that has over 20 chars in its first game

Go ahead i'll wait while you google some obscure game nobodies heard of and claim that it was good.

Marvel vs. Capcom. I hope this game isn't too obscure.

Yeah, MvC is most definitely a new IP. yup definitely. MVC3 was DEFINITELY the 1st one. Yuuuuuuuup
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#35ToroStationMeow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:07:28 AM
SSBR10 posted...
20 characters is decent enough, especially when you consider how all of the characters are unique.

Anybody hating on that is just obviously trolling.

I'd rather have 20 well developed fighters than 35 shallow ones for sure.
---
USA PSN: KSaku22 JP PSN: Cirno9Ice9Fairy (god I wish I could change names on PSN)
Fav PSASBR character: Toro
#36Pinoy441Posted 11/23/2012 3:08:34 AM
New ip = Not part of the same series

MvC is part of a series that X-Men vs SF started

Therefore not new IP

PSASBR is the first in a possible series

Therefore New IP

Logic 101
---
*grabs popcorn*
#37christiankid7Posted 11/23/2012 3:12:05 AM
AleinAtryda posted...
Even King of Fighters XII had bigger roster than that - 22 on consoles. And that game was greatly criticized for having small roster. Before you say "it was 12th game in series" remember they did total redraw of all sprites, with amazing number of animation frames, which alone was probably more work than put in each of the characters in All-Stars. Also KOF is made by SNK, which surely has less funding than Sony can afford.

1.They have the rights to all of those characters. Superbot owns 0 of the ones in this game.....
2. KOF 13 IS in a series. They have had plenty of time to come up with all of the moves,appearances,etc. for each character
---
#38Gamer0000001Posted 11/23/2012 3:12:15 AM
Street Fighter II: 8
Super Street Fighter II: 12
Blazblue: 16 (I hear)
Super Smash Bros: 12 (thanks for correcting me)
Mortal Kombat: 8

wrong.

Street Fighter II: 8
Super Street Fighter II: 16
Blazblue: 12
Super Smash Bros: 12 (thanks for correcting me)
Mortal Kombat: 7

But ...we have 2012.

Other crossover games of the last years like Tatsunoku vs Capcom had around 30 characters, Marvel vs Capcom even around 40. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale might be a good game already, but to be a "Killer Game" it needed around 100% more content.

It is missing many iconic and famous sony playstation characters, while some quite unknown ones are in the game., In some cases it is understandable..in others not.

Around 35 characters would have been the perfect roster to make this the sony equivalent to smash bros brawl. Over 20 stages. Music from the classic games to unlock maybe and also history lessons about the characters maybe to let young gamers know more about them.
Sony missed their chance to create another new brand and series which could have been as big as god of war, instead they made something like twisted metal or starhawk.

Good. games but mainly overseen by the mass. It would surprise me to see a sequel of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
---
http://fighting-games-elite.com my Blog about fighting game related art and cosplay
#39christiankid7Posted 11/23/2012 3:16:53 AM
It seems to me people are mistaken

SUPERBOT DOESN'T OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS GAME. THEY HAD TO TRAVEL/PHONE/EMAIL the IP Holders (1st party devs) and ask their permission to use their characters!

All the characters in MK are available to use by netherealm
MVC is a collaboration with Marvel and Capcom all of which own (most of) their characters licensing
KOF13 is a game where SNK-Playmore owns the rights to the characters
and so on and so forth
---
#40xZickPosted 11/23/2012 3:21:34 AM
Gamer0000001 posted...
It is missing many iconic and famous sony playstation characters, while some quite unknown ones are in the game., In some cases it is understandable..in others not.

Around 35 characters would have been the perfect roster to make this the sony equivalent to smash bros brawl. Over 20 stages. Music from the classic games to unlock maybe and also history lessons about the characters maybe to let young gamers know more about them.

I think all of these characters in this game are iconic. o-o
I mean, I understand that they couldn't get Crash, so what? It isn't SB's fault.
Also, please understand that every new game in its series will always have a limited budget so that the company doesn't lose out on poor sales. Once the game sells well enough and is in high demand, sequels will often arise with the company granting a larger budget for the sequel than the last.

Besides, I have literally never heard of Smash, ever, until I saw people complaining about how this game was similar to Smash.
---
P3 ID : Nero
PSN : DamienZick