20 playable characters in the first game is not enough? LOL

#71Kurama2Posted 11/23/2012 7:26:01 AM
lol scrubs really complain about 20 not being enough? Didn't really expect this community to know anything about fighters though.
---
Leaf
#72disambiguousPosted 11/23/2012 7:57:56 AM
This game needs at least 4 more Cole's.
#73Overlord9011Posted 11/23/2012 8:22:14 AM
Super Smash Bros 64 came out in 1999. PSASBR came out in 2012. You really should be comparing it to new games instead of old ones.
---
Final Fantasy I-V were great games (IV being the best), VI was... okay?, VII... Meh. I gave up at VIII.
#74Jump_Man7Posted 11/23/2012 8:36:25 AM
LITERALLY COMPARING PSABR TO GAMES THAT CAME OUT IN THE NINETIES LITERALLY

besides BlazBlue, you're being ridiculous
---
girl you must be a beaver cuz DAM!
#75RainiermanPosted 11/23/2012 8:40:02 AM
BlazBlue actually had 12 in the first one. Then 14 (Arcade) 15 (Console) 18 (Dlc) and 19 (Extend) in the second one (holy crap). And the third one is looking for 4 new characters so far.

Just for the record.
---
Official Rainierman of..! ... eh... Gamefaqs I guess...
#76RainiermanPosted 11/23/2012 8:40:51 AM
Also, Skullgirls. I'm not sure but, I think it only has 8 characters.
---
Official Rainierman of..! ... eh... Gamefaqs I guess...
#77YomigaeruPosted 11/23/2012 8:55:15 AM
Forget the size of the roster...my beef is with the characters on said roster.

They call it "Playstation All-Stars", but the vast majority of the roster are characters who've had a current generation appearance prior to this game. Instead of looking through their HUGE backlog of characters that goes back to the mid 90s, they include mostly characters who've only been introduced in the past 6 years or so.

That's my opinion. They had a chance to revive so long forgotten characters, but they instead played it safe with recognizable, popular characters. The latter was the smarter way to go for a first release, but the former would've made me happier. Oh well...if they can get so sequels going, we may see some of those long forgotten characters arise again to be introduced to a new audience (like Smash did with Marth/Roy).
---
"It means that Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a $%#^ in space."
#78tomloadsadoshPosted 11/23/2012 8:55:40 AM
EsperStarr posted...
BigKahn6 posted...
The #1 Unwritten rule for a Crossover game is for it to have more than 30 characters.

This game failed at it.

I don't care about the budget, the licensing, or the fact that this is the first game in the series. More characters make Crossover games better. Simple as that.

Quality over quantity
Playing this game....20 characters feels great!
Commit to one character and you get exhausted from learning them because you're having so much fun...

It feels like a different experience EACH TIME I play with a new character because they play so different...
Unlike some games where there are minor changes and everyone feels kinda the same .. *whispers* ssb *whispers*

Cole and Evil Cole.

Nuff said.
#79hotgamerPosted 11/23/2012 9:07:02 AM
My only concern is that DLC will be slow to release. I hope there is more characters coming at the same time as Kat and Emmett, because if it takes them this much time to release just 2 characters, which are stated for early 2013, then the enxt batch will take forever to release.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#80Bleach313Posted 11/23/2012 9:14:18 AM
Yomigaeru posted...
Forget the size of the roster...my beef is with the characters on said roster.

They call it "Playstation All-Stars", but the vast majority of the roster are characters who've had a current generation appearance prior to this game. Instead of looking through their HUGE backlog of characters that goes back to the mid 90s, they include mostly characters who've only been introduced in the past 6 years or so.

That's my opinion. They had a chance to revive so long forgotten characters, but they instead played it safe with recognizable, popular characters. The latter was the smarter way to go for a first release, but the former would've made me happier. Oh well...if they can get so sequels going, we may see some of those long forgotten characters arise again to be introduced to a new audience (like Smash did with Marth/Roy).

Even though I do agree with you, my biggest gripe was with characters like Dino and Raiden where there games aren't even out yet. How are they an all-star if their game isn't even out yet. Which shows that they were just their for advertisement not for being an all-star. Also Big Daddy was more of an Microsoft character to gamers, and Fat Princess gets hated on as being TO silly.

I'm also mad that they didn't add that many nostalgia characters that they should have. Sony could've made a HUGE future profit with this game by reviving old games, heck SSB did that for Fire Emblem and Pit. This game is pretty fun but I'll always look at the roster as a lost chance for success.