I don't want to say I told you so but the game flopped because of SuperBot

#31rumbalumbaPosted 11/26/2012 7:58:04 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
If they did listen to the fans 100%, they would of gone out of business do to all the lisceing issue before the game was completed.

And even if they listen, 1 says one thing, another says something else, so no matter what, people would still whine and moan and blame them.

lolwhat.

Sony is the one who's spending money on licensing, not SuperBot.
#32illementPosted 11/26/2012 7:58:27 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...
There's a chance Sony will try again eventually. It would just likely be a very different product with a completely different dev team.

Your silly demands and rants mean nothing.

Things look bleak now but I'm pretty sure they'll pick up and this game is extremely fun. Like anything new and groundbreaking, there will be a lot of people turned off initially because they're not used to it and It's brand new. People tend to dislike change (look at Dante who became Etnad).

But for anything to be truly remarkable (iPod, iPhone, iPad) you have to think outside the box and take risks. This game did just that.

I'm sure there will be a sequel now that there's something to work with it can only be improved. Not to mention spinoff tires possibly.

Can you image a platformer or a sequel with a solid story/arcade mode?

I don't know why I'm even typing this. It's lum and bigkhan smh.

Waste of typing. I'm done now...
---
PSN: killahmex
#33LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:59:39 AM
Okay, I'll bite. While I liked the idea of PASBR, I'm not a hardcore Sony fan and did not had extreme expectations, thus why I can really enjoy it. Sure, I can see it's far from perfect, but I'm having fun, what can't be said for you (unless your idea of fun is coming to these boards telling us how Superbot fails as a game studio).So it's not a matter of me 'not having balls' or wathever idea you get in your mind. Also, I'm sorry but being vocal about a game doesn't always lead to a better product. I look at this game, then look at the first Smash Brothers, then find that this game has lots of potential. PASBR is the first try in the series, and not a bad one. Doesn't mean the series is ruined or anything, we don't even know the sales yet.

Well, there you go - you're not a PS fan so you don't know what we expected from this game. This is a game that we have been waiting for years and they ruined it for us now and in the future.

And you're comparing a game that game out in 2012, that costs millions to make and advertise to a game that cost a fraction of that and that came out more than a decade ago.

And yes, we know enough to know that it won't sell enough to get a sequel. We know what games will never get a sequel simply based on how much they sell.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#34PyroSparkPosted 11/26/2012 7:59:49 AM
Seksii_Girl_5 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
The worst thing is that this could have been avoided if SuperBot took feedback from the fans. We are the consumers, we know best.

Except you're a parasite, not a consumer though.

lol! owned!

True....
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#35RickyKilljoyPosted 11/26/2012 8:00:10 AM
Aalvi posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
If they did listen to the fans 100%, they would of gone out of business do to all the lisceing issue before the game was completed.

And even if they listen, 1 says one thing, another says something else, so no matter what, people would still whine and moan and blame them.

I say don't go either extremes of ignoring the fans and relying heavily on the fans(reminds me of shadow the hedgehog).

Nope ^__^. That may work in other industries but not the Game Industry :D.

You have to heavily rely on future buyer's feedbacks to get your game to sell well!

I should know. In Mexico where I live, people only choose to buy games with features they're familiar with! ^__^

The only way to be good in the game industry is to not take any chances and always take fan advice 100% :D

:)

ARIBA :D.
---
The best Mexican around.
Showing the truth about PSABR since 2012.
#36RealityCheck10Posted 11/26/2012 8:02:37 AM
rumbalumba posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

lolwhat.

Sony is the one who's spending money on licensing, not SuperBot.

But even Sony gives out a limited budget to their games. They aren't going to spend thousands and thousands of dollars right off the back. They have other departments within their company to maintain and take care of then to waste loads of money onto one game.
---
---
Official Sasuke (Susano'o) of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations Board.
#37LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:02:47 AM

They wouldn't have spend months of their time on useless characters. That's money saved right there. That and saving time and money by not trying to make this game appeal to hardcore fighting games fans.
---
#38lightdragoon88Posted 11/26/2012 8:04:54 AM

They wouldn't have spend months of their time on useless characters. That's money saved right there. That and saving time and money by not trying to make this game appeal to hardcore fighting games fans.

I don't remember them saying this for hardcore fighting games fans. I remember them making this for fans.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#39LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:06:54 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...
There's a chance Sony will try again eventually. It would just likely be a very different product with a completely different dev team.

Your silly demands and rants mean nothing.

Things look bleak now but I'm pretty sure they'll pick up and this game is extremely fun. Like anything new and groundbreaking, there will be a lot of people turned off initially because they're not used to it and It's brand new. People tend to dislike change (look at Dante who became Etnad).

But for anything to be truly remarkable (iPod, iPhone, iPad) you have to think outside the box and take risks. This game did just that.

I'm sure there will be a sequel now that there's something to work with it can only be improved. Not to mention spinoff tires possibly.

Can you image a platformer or a sequel with a solid story/arcade mode?

I don't know why I'm even typing this. It's lum and bigkhan smh.

Waste of typing. I'm done now...

On what basis will the sales pick up? Taking risk is one thing but they just made stupid decisions after stupid decisions.

And on what basis are you saying that there'll be a sequel.

That's the problem with fanboys - they can't use logic. They are blinded.
---
#40LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:08:14 AM

I don't remember them saying this for hardcore fighting games fans. I remember them making this for fans.

What? They've been saying since Day 1 that they want this game to be competitive. Why do you think they were pushing for the game at EVO? Why do you think they got Seth Killian, Clockwork and Ed Ma to work on this game?
---