I don't want to say I told you so but the game flopped because of SuperBot

#41NintendoDudeGuyPosted 11/26/2012 7:12:59 AM(edited)
BigKahn6 posted...

If Superbot took the following steps, the game would've soared off.

#2: Only pick obvious/popular first party choices. Smash brothers would of sold A LOT more than it already has if it didn't have Game&Watch, ROB, and Ice Climbers. This game has Fat Princess and Evil Cole and to the average western consumer, Toro who seem like weak choices to them.

Fewer characters instead of more unique characters from the company?
Why?

#3: They should of fought harder to get Crash, Snake, and Cloud. They basically went the cowards way and didn't try at all.

Right. They somehow got Raiden without getting Snake, the main character. How does that even make sense?

#5: Make it PS3 exclusive. Don't do a Vita port of the game.

Why would having a portable port be a bad thing?

#6: Get rid of any of the cartoony characters. It makes the game look like a joke.

Why take out even more characters from the company? This is Sony Smash Bros.
Are you saying you don't want Crash now?
---
"Please... never do anything as crazy as that again...."
"...I'll think about it."
#42lightdragoon88Posted 11/26/2012 7:09:01 AM
LuminescentRule posted...

On what basis will the sales pick up? Taking risk is one thing but they just made stupid decisions after stupid decisions.

And on what basis are you saying that there'll be a sequel.

That's the problem with fanboys - they can't use logic. They are blinded.

I don't see stupid decisions.

I see a really good first-time cast with many more to be used for sequels.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#43AalviPosted 11/26/2012 7:09:30 AM
RickyKilljoy posted...
Aalvi posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
If they did listen to the fans 100%, they would of gone out of business do to all the lisceing issue before the game was completed.

And even if they listen, 1 says one thing, another says something else, so no matter what, people would still whine and moan and blame them.

I say don't go either extremes of ignoring the fans and relying heavily on the fans(reminds me of shadow the hedgehog).

Nope ^__^. That may work in other industries but not the Game Industry :D.

You have to heavily rely on future buyer's feedbacks to get your game to sell well!

I should know. In Mexico where I live, people only choose to buy games with features they're familiar with! ^__^

The only way to be good in the game industry is to not take any chances and always take fan advice 100% :D

:)

ARIBA :D.

That's not entirely true, you don't have to conform to the standards of other games. It isn't only reliant on that, besides you are only speaking for Mexico which may take a specific marketing strategy compared to another region.

You CAN make a game sell well that is unique and niche, if didn't know or think to be possible. My example? Tales of Symphonia for GC, maybe not selling to COD standards but Nintendos heavy advertising put a niche and relatively unknown franchise in the spotlight.

Like I mentioned before, taking fan advice all the time has failed in the past(shadow the hedgehog). There were also cases of ignoring fan feedback and having a game flop.

So there is a mixure of every instance in the gaming industry, there is no real plan to play for getting good sales or RE6 and FFXIII-2, two games that are conforming to the COD model, would have sold really well.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#44ManuKesnaPosted 11/26/2012 7:10:20 AM
lolLumi i dont see why you care so much, didnt buy a Vita? didnt that thing FLOP even more? lmao
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#45ShadowMaster471Posted 11/26/2012 7:11:56 AM

Well, there you go - you're not a PS fan so you don't know what we expected from this game. This is a game that we have been waiting for years and they ruined it for us now and in the future.

And you're comparing a game that game out in 2012, that costs millions to make and advertise to a game that cost a fraction of that and that came out more than a decade ago.

And yes, we know enough to know that it won't sell enough to get a sequel. We know what games will never get a sequel simply based on how much they sell.

This is what irks me with you. You just KNOW that it won't sell enough and that we'll never have a sequel. We don't even have the sales number yet, except that UK pre-command chart that isn't representative at all.

Sure, I'm disappointed with the lack of content, the exclusion of Crash Bandicoot, Snake, Cloud or other FF representative (this especially since I'm a FF fan), lackluster menus and everything. They are all valid complaints. But the gameplay itself is very well-done, and satisfies fan-service needs (those Drake moves... ledge drop, even if it's mostly useless, was such a nice wink). I won't praise everything that is done right with this game, I'm sure someone had this debate with you before. All in all, you can't say for sure that this game failed yet. Yeah, it won't sell buckets like COD, but that was never expected.
---
PSN: ShadowMan471
Platinums: 17
#46LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:12:50 AM

I told you - that's because you're a blind fanboy. Why do you think the game isn't selling if their decisions weren't bad?
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#47AalviPosted 11/26/2012 7:14:01 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...

On what basis will the sales pick up? Taking risk is one thing but they just made stupid decisions after stupid decisions.

And on what basis are you saying that there'll be a sequel.

That's the problem with fanboys - they can't use logic. They are blinded.

What if there is no sequel :(

Sony isn't exactly the best at interpreting data as well as many other companies. They may see this as "oh this isn't what people want" and move on. Many franchises are being morphed into something else because this misconception that "this isn't what sells or what people want to play".

There are articles scattered that blame a games failure on stuff like the console marketing dying, the smartphones, or jrpgs becoming irrelevant. The recent blame on consoles for 007's failure is one example, you honestly think they would attempt another game even though the reason it sold bad could be for many reasons other than what they thought it was?
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#48rumbalumbaPosted 11/26/2012 7:14:14 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
If they did listen to the fans 100%, they would of gone out of business do to all the lisceing issue before the game was completed.

And even if they listen, 1 says one thing, another says something else, so no matter what, people would still whine and moan and blame them.

They wouldn't have spend months of their time on useless characters. That's money saved right there. That and saving time and money by not trying to make this game appeal to hardcore fighting games fans.

I don't remember them saying this for hardcore fighting games fans. I remember them making this for fans.

come on. they always tell in interviews that they hired fighting game "experts", they talk about EVO a lot, all the talk about "competitive" play, etc. they tried too hard to make this game as close to a fighter as possible.

and that's why this game has failed. because these fighting game "experts" thought they can make a video game. what's fun for them isn't fun for everyone else. look at Smash, never meant to be competitive, target audience wasn't even fighting game enthusiasts. Nintendo just made a game they think is fun, rather than forcing it to appear as if it has depth or some other crap SuperBot likes to throw around. look at Smash now, it has both casual and competitive sides. players decided it can be competitive, so it became competitive. let the players decide what to do with your systems. even the most simplistic mechanics such as pushing a guy off a platform can have depth and be competitive if the players want it to. don't go out there announcing how "competitive" or how much "depth" your game has. you're tried too hard to differentiate and distance yourself from Smash. Seth Killian said Sony didn't really care and just asked them to do a 4-player mascot brawler and SuperBot actually made the game "technical". you should've listened to Sony in the first place. they preach about "balance" and people ate it up and said, "yeah this game has balance unlike Smash!" well look at it now. does this game feel balanced? people complain about the same supers, about the same moves, about the same characters.
#49lightdragoon88Posted 11/26/2012 7:15:20 AM

I told you - that's because you're a blind fanboy. Why do you think the game isn't selling if their decisions weren't bad?

Not selling? Where? UK?

Last I check UK=/= world sales.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#50LuminescentRule(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:16:04 AM
This is what irks me with you. You just KNOW that it won't sell enough and that we'll never have a sequel. We don't even have the sales number yet, except that UK pre-command chart that isn't representative at all.

Sure, I'm disappointed with the lack of content, the exclusion of Crash Bandicoot, Snake, Cloud or other FF representative (this especially since I'm a FF fan), lackluster menus and everything. They are all valid complaints. But the gameplay itself is very well-done, and satisfies fan-service needs (those Drake moves... ledge drop, even if it's mostly useless, was such a nice wink). I won't praise everything that is done right with this game, I'm sure someone had this debate with you before. All in all, you can't say for sure that this game failed yet. Yeah, it won't sell buckets like COD, but that was never expected.

Yes, I know. You don't have to be a magician to know when a game will sell well. I said it before and I'll say it again - it's easy to read the signs and make an educated guess on how a game will perform saleswise.

As for good gameplay mechanics, that is not enough. You need to have good gameplay, good online, variety of modes, good graphics, presentation and artstyle. And the most important thing for this game - pay a true homage to PlayStation, which they didn't do.
---
150,000 first week worldwide
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png