I don't want to say I told you so but the game flopped because of SuperBot

#51Satan666_Hell1Posted 11/26/2012 8:16:20 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
I don't see stupid decisions.

I see a really good first-time cast with many more to be used for sequels.

I told you - that's because you're a blind fanboy. Why do you think the game isn't selling if their decisions weren't bad?

Not selling? Where? UK?

Last I check UK=/= world sales.

To my son it does >:(.

Don't worry. I am his father and I will give him a hellish punishment when he gets out of his room.
#52rumbalumbaPosted 11/26/2012 8:17:21 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...

I told you - that's because you're a blind fanboy. Why do you think the game isn't selling if their decisions weren't bad?

Not selling? Where? UK?

apart from football and racing games, the UK charts have always been similar to the NA charts.

and i doubt Japan even cares about this crap.
#53lightdragoon88Posted 11/26/2012 8:18:20 AM
Satan666_Hell1 posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

Not selling? Where? UK?

To my son it does >:(.

Don't worry. I am his father and I will give him a hellish punishment when he gets out of his room.

You are a good person.

But honestly it funny.

I see this for XIII, XIII-2, and Tales of Grace f. And what happen? They get sequels/more tales due to good sales.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#54BigKahn6Posted 11/26/2012 8:18:41 AM
NintendoDudeGuy posted...
BigKahn6 posted...

If Superbot took the following steps, the game would've soared off.

#2: Only pick obvious/popular first party choices. Smash brothers would of sold A LOT more than it already has if it didn't have Game&Watch, ROB, and Ice Climbers. This game has Fat Princess and Evil Cole and to the average western consumer, Toro who seem like weak choices to them.

Fewer characters instead of more unique characters from the company?
Why?

#3: They should of fought harder to get Crash, Snake, and Cloud. They basically went the cowards way and didn't try at all.

Right. They somehow got Raiden without getting Snake, the main character. How does that even make sense?

#5: Make it PS3 exclusive. Don't do a Vita port of the game.

Why would having a portable port be a bad thing?

#6: Get rid of any of the cartoony characters. It makes the game look like a joke.

Why take out even more characters from the company? This is Sony Smash Bros.
Are you saying you don't want Crash now?

I just loved how you didn't talk about the most important points I made on how to make this game sell well.

I guess you're beginning to accept the truth?
#55wwinterj25Posted 11/26/2012 8:18:42 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
The worst thing is that this could have been avoided if SuperBot took feedback from the fans. We are the consumers, we know best.

Except you're a parasite, not a consumer though.

This.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#56IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/26/2012 8:18:48 AM
Aalvi posted...
RickyKilljoy posted...
Aalvi posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
If they did listen to the fans 100%, they would of gone out of business do to all the lisceing issue before the game was completed.

And even if they listen, 1 says one thing, another says something else, so no matter what, people would still whine and moan and blame them.

I say don't go either extremes of ignoring the fans and relying heavily on the fans(reminds me of shadow the hedgehog).

Nope ^__^. That may work in other industries but not the Game Industry :D.

You have to heavily rely on future buyer's feedbacks to get your game to sell well!

I should know. In Mexico where I live, people only choose to buy games with features they're familiar with! ^__^

The only way to be good in the game industry is to not take any chances and always take fan advice 100% :D

:)

ARIBA :D.

That's not entirely true, you don't have to conform to the standards of other games. It isn't only reliant on that, besides you are only speaking for Mexico which may take a specific marketing strategy compared to another region.

You CAN make a game sell well that is unique and niche, if didn't know or think to be possible. My example? Tales of Symphonia for GC, maybe not selling to COD standards but Nintendos heavy advertising put a niche and relatively unknown franchise in the spotlight.

Like I mentioned before, taking fan advice all the time has failed in the past(shadow the hedgehog). There were also cases of ignoring fan feedback and having a game flop.

So there is a mixure of every instance in the gaming industry, there is no real plan to play for getting good sales or RE6 and FFXIII-2, two games that are conforming to the COD model, would have sold really well.

My favorite example of a niche product that was totally out there and still did amazing things was Katamari Damacy. There is nothing about that game that should have made it a hit, but it's gone on to be a series, and doing just fine. It had zero marketing, probably a joke budget (it sold at $20 brand new, so looking for a return on investment at $20 apiece means that game had a JOKE of a budget), absolutely no discernible counterpart to point at and say "it's kind of like this meets this", it had an awkward art style, weird controls, and was just completely out there.

And yet, it has almost as many titles as GOW does. More than J&D and Uncharted do, too.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#57AalviPosted 11/26/2012 8:18:57 AM
ShadowMaster471 posted...

Well, there you go - you're not a PS fan so you don't know what we expected from this game. This is a game that we have been waiting for years and they ruined it for us now and in the future.

And you're comparing a game that game out in 2012, that costs millions to make and advertise to a game that cost a fraction of that and that came out more than a decade ago.

And yes, we know enough to know that it won't sell enough to get a sequel. We know what games will never get a sequel simply based on how much they sell.

This is what irks me with you. You just KNOW that it won't sell enough and that we'll never have a sequel. We don't even have the sales number yet, except that UK pre-command chart that isn't representative at all.

Sure, I'm disappointed with the lack of content, the exclusion of Crash Bandicoot, Snake, Cloud or other FF representative (this especially since I'm a FF fan), lackluster menus and everything. They are all valid complaints. But the gameplay itself is very well-done, and satisfies fan-service needs (those Drake moves... ledge drop, even if it's mostly useless, was such a nice wink). I won't praise everything that is done right with this game, I'm sure someone had this debate with you before. All in all, you can't say for sure that this game failed yet. Yeah, it won't sell buckets like COD, but that was never expected.

I think what you said sums up what I think of the situation(even the part about being a ff fan).

The only thing I would say is that the game isn't fit for very competitive play, needs to be balanced and tweaked.

Also the game failing isn't really up for consumers to decide, when the data comes in they in the end decide if it was a success or not. If according to them it failed, they didn't make much, then we may or may not see a sequel.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#58BigKahn6Posted 11/26/2012 8:21:41 AM
IHeartJessAlba posted...
Aalvi posted...
RickyKilljoy posted...
Aalvi posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
If they did listen to the fans 100%, they would of gone out of business do to all the lisceing issue before the game was completed.

And even if they listen, 1 says one thing, another says something else, so no matter what, people would still whine and moan and blame them.

I say don't go either extremes of ignoring the fans and relying heavily on the fans(reminds me of shadow the hedgehog).

Nope ^__^. That may work in other industries but not the Game Industry :D.

You have to heavily rely on future buyer's feedbacks to get your game to sell well!

I should know. In Mexico where I live, people only choose to buy games with features they're familiar with! ^__^

The only way to be good in the game industry is to not take any chances and always take fan advice 100% :D

:)

ARIBA :D.

That's not entirely true, you don't have to conform to the standards of other games. It isn't only reliant on that, besides you are only speaking for Mexico which may take a specific marketing strategy compared to another region.

You CAN make a game sell well that is unique and niche, if didn't know or think to be possible. My example? Tales of Symphonia for GC, maybe not selling to COD standards but Nintendos heavy advertising put a niche and relatively unknown franchise in the spotlight.

Like I mentioned before, taking fan advice all the time has failed in the past(shadow the hedgehog). There were also cases of ignoring fan feedback and having a game flop.

So there is a mixure of every instance in the gaming industry, there is no real plan to play for getting good sales or RE6 and FFXIII-2, two games that are conforming to the COD model, would have sold really well.

My favorite example of a niche product that was totally out there and still did amazing things was Katamari Damacy. There is nothing about that game that should have made it a hit, but it's gone on to be a series, and doing just fine. It had zero marketing, probably a joke budget (it sold at $20 brand new, so looking for a return on investment at $20 apiece means that game had a JOKE of a budget), absolutely no discernible counterpart to point at and say "it's kind of like this meets this", it had an awkward art style, weird controls, and was just completely out there.

And yet, it has almost as many titles as GOW does. More than J&D and Uncharted do, too.

And yet Katamari is selling worse for every sequel and you get mocked for even owning the game.

And the game was developed by Namco whose name alone could sell products.
#59IHeartJessAlbaPosted 11/26/2012 8:29:20 AM
Lol no one I've ever known has ever mocked anyone for owning a Katamari game. The issue with it was that it swapped hands, and they "Americanized" the Japanese aspects, and then tried to force the quirky aspects. The first title is still an absolute gem.

You can't deny that the first game absolutely decimated expectations (of which there were ZERO), which is the only point I was making.

The series itself was unsustainable, that's a given. They kept trying too hard to capture what the first one had, without even knowing what it was in the first place.

And no, the fact that it was made by Namco actually gave me pause, because I #*@&ing hate Namco.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#60aPimp_named_leEPosted 11/26/2012 8:32:34 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
Aalvi posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...

Oh god, that was bad.

no it was not. once you get past the initial oddness of it, the combat is pretty fluid, the story is great for a sonic game, and the multiple branching paths are something i wish were in more video games. the guns idea was weird, but its not game breaking and can be adapted to. overall i had a good time with it
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~